Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doremon2009

D'amour ~ A Home With Peace,love ,happiness And Good Blessing.

Mirror

Hmm.. I am going to have big mirror in the dining area!!

This is to brighten the place since there's no windows for both living area that lead to dining area, except a small balcony, the only place where the natural light and air can flow in.

The mirror will be on the surface of built in feature wall that conceal the storeroom. So instead of wall paper or laminate material on this feature wall, it's a whole big piece of mirror.

In Feng Shui wise it's good as it multiply the abundance of the food in dining area, create a spacious, bright, clean cut look and feel. I love the feel too when I visit those showrooms with mirror.

It'll be my first time to have such in the house. Wow! Dreaming of that.

But then family always question the practicality, when the whole family stay in the house, the movement/traffic ie the walkway will be quite narrow, the kids, the action of carrying things in and out of storeroom esp bulky, heavy,big items. Even shifting in the furnitures before we stay in.. the moving of furnitures pieces to bedrooms, fridge to the kitchen etc will have to pass through the this mirror section of walkway..high risk of accidently knock at the mirror. And all these items high chances is to bring in after the renovation done up.

A bit concern if the big mirror can last for at least 5 yrs.. as it's near the store room.. there will lots of things shift in and out.

Kind of concern if one day some accident knock, the mirror will crack or broken. So if this really happened then, what will that mean to my built in feature wall ie tear down and reconstruct? That will be tough.. but one cannot keep broken mirror!!

Anyone who has installed mirror can advise and share the experience?

Edited by doremon2009

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

City Gas Showroom

Anyone visited City Gas Showroom recently?

I have yet to have the chance to visit.. been trying to see what they have over the website.. kind of lousy cant find much info. Singapore website still lagging behind..haiz..

Also never respond to my queries submitted via their online form..

Any good deals there?

I am interested in Water heater, Oven .. what else City Gas have har?

City Gas emphasis that Gas cheaper than Electricity..

Mirror

Hmm.. I am going to have big mirror in the dining area!!

This is to brighten the place since there's no windows for both living area that lead to dining area, except a small balcony, the only place where the natural light and air can flow in.

The mirror will be on the surface of built in feature wall that conceal the storeroom. So instead of wall paper or laminate material on this feature wall, it's a whole big piece of mirror.

In Feng Shui wise it's good as it multiply the abundance of the food in dining area, create a spacious, bright, clean cut look and feel. I love the feel too when I visit those showrooms with mirror.

It'll be my first time to have such in the house. Wow! Dreaming of that.

But then family always question the practicality, when the whole family stay in the house, the movement/traffic ie the walkway will be quite narrow, the kids, the action of carrying things in and out of storeroom esp bulky, heavy,big items. Even shifting in the furnitures before we stay in.. the moving of furnitures pieces to bedrooms, fridge to the kitchen etc will have to pass through the this mirror section of walkway..high risk of accidently knock at the mirror. And all these items high chances is to bring in after the renovation done up.

A bit concern if the big mirror can last for at least 5 yrs.. as it's near the store room.. there will lots of things shift in and out.

Kind of concern if one day some accident knock, the mirror will crack or broken. So if this really happened then, what will that mean to my built in feature wall ie tear down and reconstruct? That will be tough.. but one cannot keep broken mirror!!

Anyone who has installed mirror can advise and share the experience?

hi,

I intend to have a mirror at dining area too! :)

Frame it up creatively.

solid top vs granite

"Kitchen

1 To supply and install 27ft laminated kitchen cabinet c/w ABS trimming $3,240.00

2 To supply and install 12ft solid top/granite $1,200.00

3 To supply and install 8ft laminated kitchen cabinet c/w ABS trimming (dry area) $960.00

4 To supply and install 4ft solid top/granite or convert to full height (for accommodate of oven, slow cooker, juicer and rice cooker) $400.00 "

Realised that Solid Top and Granite Top the same price? All along I a have the impression that Granite is much more expensive than Solid Top .. hmm.. is this real or it's actually Granite pricing just want to influence you to take this option? So even one chose Solid Top one has to pay for Granite pricing??

How do you find the above pricing from line 1 to 4?

Anyone pls share and advise ; )

Edited by doremon2009

ha... ha... it's a craft store named "Spotlight" located at Plaza Sin. :)

Hi 'mysweetlittlethings'

Ho Ho Ho.. me too new lah..

Dont even know that's this store named there haha..

Been frequent there few years back cos my previous work place near there think pass by also don't know..

Anyway, been years have not been there..

Sorry har Supersimon27.. hope u don't feel like 鸡同鸭讲 (speak diff language)

Hi all, Thanks for the sharing ! Will plan to pop by there ; )

Edited by doremon2009

Har, can share share some photos and ideas? DIY? or renovator to do it?

Ha.. dun know how to put my ideas in words. :(

mmh... make it like an art piece - use the mirror as a backing, glued patterns or shapes of your liking, then cover it with a protective layer.

It will not trapped dirt too.

Can visualize? hee... pai sei :P

Unique, interesting! ; )

Your house v v big 155 sq meter wor!!!

Super spacious!

After meal can walk around to slim down haha..

the mirrow wall decal should be very child safe! ha.... ha...

my first house - luckily not doing major renovation - a lot of things to manage in a reno project hor!?!

Edited by mysweetlittlethings

Ha.. dun know how to put my ideas in words. :(

mmh... make it like an art piece - use the mirror as a backing, glued patterns or shapes of your liking, then cover it with a protective layer.

It will not trapped dirt too.

Can visualize? hee... pai sei :P

Hmm.. Trying to visualized ; )

Sound very much like DIY leh..

What kind of material for this protective layer har? where to buy?

Think I can and will do the "cover it with a protective layer. " to prevent trapped dirt .. as for the creative part.. err.. in freehand??my hand is trembling...unless the "glued patterns or shapes " can be purchased from the market.. that's different story leh..

Your mirror .. you intent to install direct on the physical wall ( the brick wall)?

the mirrow wall decal should be very child safe! ha.... ha...

my first house - luckily not doing major renovation - a lot of things to manage in a reno project hor!?!

Ya talking about tat, mine is whole house reno.. very stress on the short timeline given.. aiyo feeling headache now..

Think I should sleep now haha..

Nice talk to you; )

Catch up again tmr.