Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doremon2009

D'amour ~ A Home With Peace,love ,happiness And Good Blessing.

hihi doremon :D

tot i reply here better for u.

my flooring is all parquet not laminate.

i got the materials from Hauhau Parquet at $2.10psf.

then i got a contractor to install, sand n varnish for me.

all in all about less than $2200 for my 400sq ft. ( the 3 bedrooms already came with parquet )

my oven was bought during Turbo warehouse sales.

Brand is SMEG $1419, almost half price. forgot abt the capacity liao paiseh...

eh my reno ah, everything from start till now, inclusive of reno n furnishing n fixtures, less than $50k :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Doremon, my house is using Pergo Laminates. mine is the light light colour one. but i've forgotten how much oredi. i am using pergo for my living, dining, and 3 rooms. the colour im using is the lightest one.

hihi doremon :D

tot i reply here better for u.

my flooring is all parquet not laminate.

i got the materials from Hauhau Parquet at $2.10psf.

then i got a contractor to install, sand n varnish for me.

all in all about less than $2200 for my 400sq ft. ( the 3 bedrooms already came with parquet )

my oven was bought during Turbo warehouse sales.

Brand is SMEG $1419, almost half price. forgot abt the capacity liao paiseh...

eh my reno ah, everything from start till now, inclusive of reno n furnishing n fixtures, less than $50k :)

Hi newnyew,

Parquet at $2.10psf!! You must have got a great deal ; )

So when you got the material direct from Hauhau Parquet .. a company?

where is this place.. would want to go there and have a look..

How do you find the quality so far?

Is this recommended by your contractor or you found it yourself?

By the way, need to get screeding for the floor first before the Parquet?

Wow! Is it cheaper than laminate? If I'm not wrong the lowest quote I heard from laminate is $3.50psf.. unless I've mistaken..

You bought the Oven at half price?

Gosh! You really know where to get good lobang leh.

Must follow your Tblog closely for good deal haha..

But you done with your reno wo..otherwise can buy together with you for even better discount as quantity of purchase increase haha..

Thanks!

trufaole@gmail.com

Hi Doremon, welcome to RT. you've got your floorplan oredi, what about any pics, gotten your keys? but then normally i wouldn't recommend u to go to those Home Fairs, becos quite a lot of RT forummers have complained about bad svc & bad attitude......

Hi Pinklady,

In the end, I also got no time to go Expo..

Now try to squeeze time to check out of renotalk also a challenge with my tight schedule haha..

How I wish I'm a Tai Tai. ; )

Hi Pinklady,

In the end, I also got no time to go Expo..

Now try to squeeze time to check out of renotalk also a challenge with my tight schedule haha..

How I wish I'm a Tai Tai. ; )

I think it's good to go home fair . Cos can steal some ideals ..... ha ...

Free space planning by ID too

That's how we got our design concept ... lol

Doremon, my house is using Pergo Laminates. mine is the light light colour one. but i've forgotten how much oredi. i am using pergo for my living, dining, and 3 rooms. the colour im using is the lightest one.

Yo Pinklady,

I like light light colour too.. looks brighter, spacious and easier to match..

But concern about maintenance leh.. so far any issue on that for you?

You very brave leh even use in living and dining area.. you really confident on the quality wo.

I went to shopping took extra notice on the laminate flooring.. don't know why I keep seeing the mark, scratches, stain etc..kind of worn out/faded laminate flooring esp the light color one more obvious..

Kind of shaken whether still want to stick to my choice of having wooden flooring for the rooms..

Then I begin to have some concern about what happen when I shift my standard buy in furnitures in etc.. will it affect my wooden flooring? say scratch, or

And if does then what, can laminate flooring to be replace FOC by the reno firm/Prego directly? (take example if I chose prego)

Love to hear from you how when you move in your sofa, dining table esp those very heavy items?

No problem with your prego flooring?

Hi,

Getting my new house soon..

Excitement and with mix of uncertainty of how and what to do next..but will always tell myself be steady, go step by step and don't rush into it without getting myself fully research about how to go about doing it.. and here's I come to this special renotalk that become my frequent website whenever I can afford the time..

After all it's my first time to do renovation better be deligent rather than be sorry.

Hope I can find some kakis here ; )

If you are also interested, may be we can go together, if happen that we are buying the same thing, can further bargain for good price and at the same time, can may have better quality of installation, service etc.

And we can share tips, exchange info or lobang.

Most importantly for those who are another level higher than us, ie those who already have done up their house are most welcome to share your views, advises, experiences and recommendations too : )

Just sharing :-

Get to know that there is some exhibition that may be relevant for those who wants to do up the house. For I will drop by, may be can find good deal in laminate flooring, iron wrought, aircon,water heater etc..

Singapore Expo

-------------------

03 Oct 2009 - 11 Oct 2009

Singapore Home & Design 2009

Admission: Public - Free Admission

Venue: Hall 6A

24 Oct 2009 - 01 Nov 2009

Gracious Living 2009

Admission: Public - Free Admission

Venue: Hall 6A

Hi Dora.. ! Congrats to ur new hse ! :)

Me too getting my new flat soon !! But by right, today 5th oct is our 2nd appt.. me n my hb shld have collected our keys of our flat lor.... but we stil have to wait for 10+ more days as we at the begining had already with the owners on their requesting.. as their new hse has not yet done up, so nevertheless... we kept our promise ! :)

btw, mine is a 3-rm flat.. small small only :) I havent start a t-blog yet.. no time.. but will hope to start soon... and i really need all of you guys experienced ones to help me n hb on the reno parts !! i knew there are many many things to do de ! Jia you !!

Parquet at $2.10psf!! So when you got the material direct from Hauhau Parquet .. a company?

where is this place.. would want to go there and have a look..

By the way, need to get screeding for the floor first before the Parquet?

hehe.. yup i found it myself.

Hauhau is at Changi rd. very small shop.

http://www.hauhauparquet.com/

i got the materials from them n they intro a contractor to do the rest.

so its 2 separate bills.

dun need to cement screed also can. they can directly pour glue n overlay.

but mine is cement screeded. i personally prefer the feel of parquet n not laminate.

the quality is gd, but the recent tremors caused my parquet to split.

cos im staying on high floor la... am trying to claim insurance now hee..

dun worry la, u can find alot of lobangs here, just read more! :D

Edited by newnyew

Yo Pinklady,

I like light light colour too.. looks brighter, spacious and easier to match..

But concern about maintenance leh.. so far any issue on that for you?

You very brave leh even use in living and dining area.. you really confident on the quality wo.

I went to shopping took extra notice on the laminate flooring.. don't know why I keep seeing the mark, scratches, stain etc..kind of worn out/faded laminate flooring esp the light color one more obvious..

Kind of shaken whether still want to stick to my choice of having wooden flooring for the rooms..

Then I begin to have some concern about what happen when I shift my standard buy in furnitures in etc.. will it affect my wooden flooring? say scratch, or

And if does then what, can laminate flooring to be replace FOC by the reno firm/Prego directly? (take example if I chose prego)

Love to hear from you how when you move in your sofa, dining table esp those very heavy items?

No problem with your prego flooring?

Yo back Doremon! LOL. yup yup, of course leh, the laminate must be taken care of. initially i told all the furniture and tv guys to be very very careful with my flooring that's why they just lift up the furniture and just put it down, so still okay, even if i found some scratches, i straight away call my ID who called Prego to redo the affected part, they came down promptly and then no questions asked, so i am quite happy with their service.

Of course meh Pergo is branded leh, of course iam confident of their standand, like Gucci and LV, sure got QC one. After that, for maintenace, just go and buy those dry wipes with the magicclean mop will do. for better shine, buy the liquid esp for laminates. arghh i forgotten the brand, if u want can go to my t-blog to see. we've taken the pic of the cleansing liquid bottle.

Hi Dora.. ! Congrats to ur new hse ! :)

Me too getting my new flat soon !! But by right, today 5th oct is our 2nd appt.. me n my hb shld have collected our keys of our flat lor.... but we stil have to wait for 10+ more days as we at the begining had already with the owners on their requesting.. as their new hse has not yet done up, so nevertheless... we kept our promise ! :)

btw, mine is a 3-rm flat.. small small only :) I havent start a t-blog yet.. no time.. but will hope to start soon... and i really need all of you guys experienced ones to help me n hb on the reno parts !! i knew there are many many things to do de ! Jia you !!

HI vodkazhong,

So you got your key to your new house already?

Where is your location?

Mine is near Jurong Point : )

hehe.. yup i found it myself.

Hauhau is at Changi rd. very small shop.

http://www.hauhauparquet.com/

i got the materials from them n they intro a contractor to do the rest.

so its 2 separate bills.

dun need to cement screed also can. they can directly pour glue n overlay.

but mine is cement screeded. i personally prefer the feel of parquet n not laminate.

the quality is gd, but the recent tremors caused my parquet to split.

cos im staying on high floor la... am trying to claim insurance now hee..

dun worry la, u can find alot of lobangs here, just read more! :D

Hi newnyew,

Really thanks for your sharing.. kind of impress with the overwhelm of choice :-

Burma Teak Parquet

Burma 12mm x 1-1/2" x 10-1/2"

Burma 12mm x 2'' x 8''

Burma 12mm x 2'' x 10''

Burma 18mm x 2'' x 8''

Burma 18mm x 2'' x 10''

Indonesia Teak Parquet

Indonesia 12mm x 2'' x 8''

Indonesia 12mm x 2'' x 10''

Indonesia 12mm x 2'' x 12''

Indonesia 12mm x 46mm x 230''

Indonesia 18mm x 2'' x 8''

Indonesia 18mm x 2'' x 10''

Indonesia 18mm x 2'' x 12''

Err.. me first time doing so not sure how to chose.. may I know what did you chose for your house ?

Just need a baseline as an example the look and feel on the effect when the whole house is done up.

Looking by 1 piece don't seem to be able to visualise whether it;s going to look good.

Really not easy.

Thanks!

Doremon

Yo back Doremon! LOL. yup yup, of course leh, the laminate must be taken care of. initially i told all the furniture and tv guys to be very very careful with my flooring that's why they just lift up the furniture and just put it down, so still okay, even if i found some scratches, i straight away call my ID who called Prego to redo the affected part, they came down promptly and then no questions asked, so i am quite happy with their service.

Of course meh Pergo is branded leh, of course iam confident of their standand, like Gucci and LV, sure got QC one. After that, for maintenace, just go and buy those dry wipes with the magicclean mop will do. for better shine, buy the liquid esp for laminates. arghh i forgotten the brand, if u want can go to my t-blog to see. we've taken the pic of the cleansing liquid bottle.

Hi Thanks, Pinklady ; )

Wonder if in the end if I chose Parquet whether such also applicable or not..

By the way, do you have the stages or rather plan that you can share or PM me? which is sequential, which can be on parallel, and when to pay the reno?

eg. 1) hacking 2) laying tiles 3) laying aircon gas and water pipe 4) laminate flooring installation 5) Do up cabinet etc..

Thanks!

Doremon

Gosh! Am really at STRESS.. time is so pressing.. and yet HDB 'mang mang lai 慢吞吞"..

Here's the update..

1) Once got the key, we quickly go to the unit and check the new house, within 3 days we submit to HDB for the process of rectify the house.

2) HDB does call up within 3 days after I submit the form. But shared that need time to coordinate.

3) I pester them to have a joint inspection thinking of cutting short of their so call checking, coordinate or processing time..

4) 1 week later got the joint inspection date.. scheduling the following week.

5) After joint inspection, shared that they need 4 weeks to finish the rectification work.. almost fainted..

I pester the officer sharing we really need to do it asap any earlier date to complete.. he shared it's 10yrs house so much to rectify.. want to do the job properly does need so much of work effort n duration.. for rush work may not provide quality delivery..

Then next I ask when can start work? Was told worker on leave wait for next week..

I ask can do my reno in parallel? HDB officer said 'No, better not.Anything wrong, no guarantee..'

6) manage to talk to worker on following week Tue, was told need 3 to 4 days to hack the wall and floor tiles.. and also give me an impression that they start work on Wed ..

On Fri, then I realised worker havent even start work!!

Time is clicking loud..

What am I suppose to do ?!??? :bangwall:

Edited by doremon2009

After cooling down... I ask myself what can I do now in the weekend where no office are in operation :-

I need to get the full grasp of the Renovation cycle/process, hope that can help to expedite the process..

How much further can it be streamline?

After HDB rectification, my reno must complete within 3weeks.. maximum 4 weeks without anymore delay.

Which can do in parallel and which can only do sequential, which to do first, which to do next, which to do last?

In the background in parallel has to start the procress of packing from old house already,

1) hacking

2) laying tiles

hopefully can do within 1st week

3) laying aircon gas and water pipe,

3a) can do wiring in parallel at this time ?

4) laminate flooring installation

hopefully can do within 2nd week

5) do custom built in cabinet, mirror, installation of accessories, what else?

6) installation of aircon, light

7) plastering then painting of walls

8) chemical clean by reno

9) cleaning whole house by me

10) mover to move in

hopefully can do within 3rd week

Handover house to buyer.

Care to advise anything I miss out? or have to take note ? Any detail I miss out?

Super time tight..

Just need a baseline to be a guideline to discuss with reno ; )

As I only have maximum 4 weeks timeframe to do reno, thus time for completion is crucial..

Any helpful feedback and advise is highly appreciated : )

Thanks!

Doremon

trufaole@gmail.com

Finally have some time to spare to read on Renotalk fellows input and good advises..

However, was quite tired.. feeling abit headache now..

Before I log off, would like to put here the summary of some key points/tips for those who are newbie like myself, also to remind myself to take note in my reno process :-

Kitchen top, Solid Surface

1)solid surface, it's better to get light colours so that the scratches cannot be easily seen 'cos solid surface scratches easily.

2) maybe can try to scratch it,if the ID allows it... to see how obvious the black against the white.. some did that for selection of the solid top.. scratch all to see how much difference it look and took the least obvious one..

Carpentry

3) tip if you really want "white carpentry": choose off-white e.g. cream so that if it turns yellow, it's not so obvious.

light

4) never let your ID bring u buy light. they get fees for it and it comes from the higher price you pay

m'sia lights are bettar, but a bit more expensive than china/taiwan lights. got for a good reasonable price and is cheaper than those in Geylang lights.

Not sure where is this shop in m'sia though.. wonder who can share..

5) Per lighting point is about 35

6) now all osram tubes come from china...no longer from Germany...even though the box stated the office location is Germany

Piping Test

7) Need to do piping test -gas and water. How ?Suppose to be done by who? ie HDB, renovator, etc

To be con't...need some rest first..

Edited by doremon2009