Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doremon2009

D'amour ~ A Home With Peace,love ,happiness And Good Blessing.

1) Cement screed can only do after all the homogenous tiles and chemical wash are done.

2) Cement screed then can level to near certain height of homogenous tiles flooring and it takes long time to dry up.

3) After Cement screed dry up then can lay the wooden flooring to level the height of homogenous tiles .

The renovator emphasis that HDB will not allow the Cement screed to carry out if homogenous tiles have not done.(hmm sound strange for this line)

4) Even if cement screed done before homogenous tiles also no use, renovator has to hack it and redo as it'll not match the height and do level for the rest of homogenous tiles flooring..

This is based on my guess/assumption/speculation ya? As I didn't do cement screed before...prior zero experience on that to me.

From a client which is from your point of view, I rather trust and place 100% answers from HDB instead. :) I can't really judge is HDB or your contractor is right....but I know HDB is law by law....very inflexible...so if is me I rather work by their so called rules and regulations...

1. Could be they rather let HDB's contractor take the responsibility of the levelling...since if your renovator finish all the floor tiling...and HDB then start cement screed...then is the HDB's contractor job to make sure is level.. Therefore, renovator does not have to be responsible for that? Hmm.. Whoever do the levelling perhaps, need more man-hours or man-days...your renovator thus need to absorb the cost...

2. This could be true. Take longer to dry up and there are certain height for tiles flooring to adhere to.

3. Hmm....I thought if you are doing the wooden flooring....then don't need to do cement screed? Renovator's job to cement it even then do wooden flooring?

4. Hmm...I read this several times, could it be your renovator misunderstand you? He/she thought u are doing cement screed for the whole unit.....then I presume levelling indeed pose a problem... I have the impression, u are just doing only cement screed for your living room, the rest of the rooms will be either tiles or paraquet or laminate...then levelling doesn't seems to be a problem.

All these are just my guess ya? :)

Hmm...why don't u called up any contractors and give them a call and ask them about it? I think is safer.

Edited by red_devil

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
This is based on my guess/assumption/speculation ya? As I didn't do cement screed before...prior zero experience on that to me.

From a client which is from your point of view, I rather trust and place 100% answers from HDB instead. :) I can't really judge is HDB or your contractor is right....but I know HDB is law by law....very inflexible...so if is me I rather work by their so called rules and regulations...

1. Could be they rather let HDB's contractor take the responsibility of the levelling...since if your renovator finish all the floor tiling...and HDB then start cement screed...then is the HDB's contractor job to make sure is level.. Therefore, renovator does not have to be responsible for that? Hmm.. Whoever do the levelling perhaps, need more man-hours or man-days...your renovator thus need to absorb the cost...

2. This could be true. Take longer to dry up and there are certain height for tiles flooring to adhere to.

3. Hmm....I thought if you are doing the wooden flooring....then don't need to do cement screed? Renovator's job to cement it even then do wooden flooring?

4. Hmm...I read this several times, could it be your renovator misunderstand you? He/she thought u are doing cement screed for the whole unit.....then I presume levelling indeed pose a problem... I have the impression, u are just doing only cement screed for your living room, the rest of the rooms will be either tiles or paraquet or laminate...then levelling doesn't seems to be a problem.

All these are just my guess ya? :)

Hmm...why don't u called up any contractors and give them a call and ask them about it? I think is safer.

Well, have checked around..

Here's the conclusion..

It's ok that HDB do the cement screed first for all the bedrooms that required wooden flooring.

No need to wait till the floor tiles area like living/dining,passage areas done up first.

However, the wooden flooring area can only do after the tile areas are done up.

For wooden flooring wise.. the laminate will take shorter time to complete as compare to parquet flooring.

But not sure why parquet flooring take longer leh?? Heard that it will need at least 2-3 weeks.

Not really about the stages for parquet though seems like need to leave it for 1 week to ensure the setting is proper before polishing then it considered done..

For laminate 1 day can complete and done.

hehe.. yup i found it myself.

Hauhau is at Changi rd. very small shop.

http://www.hauhauparquet.com/

i got the materials from them n they intro a contractor to do the rest.

so its 2 separate bills.

dun need to cement screed also can. they can directly pour glue n overlay.

but mine is cement screeded. i personally prefer the feel of parquet n not laminate.

the quality is gd, but the recent tremors caused my parquet to split.

cos im staying on high floor la... am trying to claim insurance now hee..

dun worry la, u can find alot of lobangs here, just read more! :D

Hi newnyew,

How's your insurance claim ?

Successful ? : )

By the way, can share the process/stage of the parquet done up for your place?

ie how long it takes from the day the parquet materials sent to your house to the parquet flooring done up as in move in condition. ie #bedrooms, how long they take.

So if floor already done up cement screed, still need to directly pour glue n overlay?

What to they need to do?

The amount paid to the contractor that did the installation of parquet is roughly how much?

your appointed renovator and parquet contractor whom do the laying the parquet flooring can work harmony ar?

Love to hear your sharing soon ; )

You can chose to PM me too.

Thanks!

Doremon2009

trufaole@gmail.com

hi,

welcome to Jurong West, I am starting in jurong west for years...at block 9xx next to the stadium...

See that you are in a hurry to move in and you sound stress...I have these pointers for you. Hope it will be useful...

1) The defect of the flat must be rectify 1st before your own renovation...house bulit but not occupy will lack what the chinese said "Ren Qi" thus a lot of things will be defective due to dampness and moisture...is the fact of yin and yang...

check the wall, ceiling, window gaps for dampness and water mark, these not rectify properly will cause alot of problem later ...

2) On the flooring work, actually you can go ahead to do it first then get your contractors to protect it properly then arrange for HDB to come in to do the cement screening. that should save you some time.

3) this is the peak period for renovation work -Nov and Dec as everyone is rushing to do renovation during the school holidays and before the festive session. (Like myself here) So I doubt you can complete it in 3 weeks time unless but now you already firm up with your ID/ Contractor.

4) Wooden/ Parquet flooring is definately good to have but make sure you getting the good and reputable ones (or those that being used by the trusted forumer and proven good ones) because wood can get strink easily (contraction) This is what I had seen during my earlier working years as commerial contractors, one of my friend installed this flooring for office area and during the day of handling over (when aircon was turned on the previous night) the flooring all got loosen up and he took 2 days to get it rectify so loose **** lots of money for that project. But I think laminate may not have these problem ba...

5) Lastly, in the west 2 good place to do shopping on the reno stuff... Ixx and tradexxx 21...but I did not say buying...because I feel that they are alittle more expensive then other areas. Especially Ixx, the rental is super high...unless you are getting those controlled price items or you really no time or "Loved the item" else compare the price first.

Transform the stress to joy...think of how your dream house will look like after all the hard work... :dancingqueen:

:yamseng:

hi,

welcome to Jurong West, I am starting in jurong west for years...at block 9xx next to the stadium...

See that you are in a hurry to move in and you sound stress...I have these pointers for you. Hope it will be useful...

1) The defect of the flat must be rectify 1st before your own renovation...house bulit but not occupy will lack what the chinese said "Ren Qi" thus a lot of things will be defective due to dampness and moisture...is the fact of yin and yang...

check the wall, ceiling, window gaps for dampness and water mark, these not rectify properly will cause alot of problem later ...

2) On the flooring work, actually you can go ahead to do it first then get your contractors to protect it properly then arrange for HDB to come in to do the cement screening. that should save you some time.

3) this is the peak period for renovation work -Nov and Dec as everyone is rushing to do renovation during the school holidays and before the festive session. (Like myself here) So I doubt you can complete it in 3 weeks time unless but now you already firm up with your ID/ Contractor.

4) Wooden/ Parquet flooring is definately good to have but make sure you getting the good and reputable ones (or those that being used by the trusted forumer and proven good ones) because wood can get strink easily (contraction) This is what I had seen during my earlier working years as commerial contractors, one of my friend installed this flooring for office area and during the day of handling over (when aircon was turned on the previous night) the flooring all got loosen up and he took 2 days to get it rectify so loose **** lots of money for that project. But I think laminate may not have these problem ba...

5) Lastly, in the west 2 good place to do shopping on the reno stuff... Ixx and tradexxx 21...but I did not say buying...because I feel that they are alittle more expensive then other areas. Especially Ixx, the rental is super high...unless you are getting those controlled price items or you really no time or "Loved the item" else compare the price first.

Transform the stress to joy...think of how your dream house will look like after all the hard work... :dancingqueen:

Hi dannywmp,

Thanks for your sharing ; )

I planned for sufficient time for very good quality full reno. ie 3months

Just things doesn't come out the way one planned. Esp now dealing with HDB rectification.. always have to chase, push then the do.

Already stress and tired.

Seems like I have to cut down lots of custom made cabinets, chose those swift way ie buy off the shelf after we shift in to shorten the reno period.

Renovators I spoken too, shared that 3-4weeks is rush, requesting for 8weeks!!

You know what when we sold the old house, the agent keep saying new house from HDB 3-4 weeks to do reno is the norm.No need so long etc..

Again the 'savy' agent is again misrepresenting and misleading.. ; (

Yes you are right, to move things forward and console myself is think about the dream house ; )

Edited by doremon2009

Just found out that there will be

Homefair'09 : 30/10-01/11/2009 at Persada Johor , J.B.

Hope this information is useful to those who is sourcing for items for new house : )

Personally I have not been to Homefair in JB.

May plan to go there to have a look since I am doing up for my new house ; )

Doremon2009

Just found out that there will be

Homefair'09 : 30/10-01/11/2009 at Persada Johor , J.B.

Hope this information is useful to those who is sourcing for items for new house : )

Personally I have not been to Homefair in JB.

May plan to go there to have a look since I am doing up for my new house ; )

Doremon2009

Thanks for the info...

Dunno whether they have good deal for wall paper and they willing to make a trip to SG for installation or not...can help me to find out if you happen to go.... :P

Thanks for the info...

Dunno whether they have good deal for wall paper and they willing to make a trip to SG for installation or not...can help me to find out if you happen to go.... :P

Sure! Will let you know : )

The planning list send to your email oready...hope u find it useful.

Received : )

Kind of neat and organised ; )

Very useful.

Will have to think and discuss what my family really need and want for the new house.

Edited by doremon2009

Just to share - spot light PS having sale this coming weekend . Think got curtains too :)

Hi Supersimon27,

Where will be the venue for such promotion? Is it also in Courts? : )

Regards,

Doremon2009