Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gantan88

My 3ng - Starting My Life Anew

every reno job has a minimum of 20% profit margin. normally is 35% profit margin. your 5% doesn't really mean that much to them :) that's why most of the disputed cases will just waive the last 5%

raw material is very cheap. i redid my 3rm, raw materials in total inclusive of tiles cost... less than $3000.

i guess so, if nt they wun put only 5% for last payment.....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Today quite a no. of things happening.

Lighting installation.

Delivery of dining table set, bed, wardrobes.

I got Lena Floor Option on site also together with the installer. Frankly i dunno why i ask her down, seems like a wasted trip to her, but she collected the cheque from me la.

Hiccup: They deliver the wrong design for bed headboard. The delivered one is simpler, not so nice. I called to alert Nova. My mum said it is fated for me to get this simple design because due to the simpler design and shape, it is better for me. Fengshui and all those stuff u know! Duh....

Picture time!

My house become war zone again. Together with the delivered cabinets in pieces, veyr messy witht he guys working on the lighting installation.

201001261333_331.jpg

Guestroom, showing the lights, fan and aircon.

Except for living room, all my other lights are those cheapo plastic/acrylic type. I like it simple. Those glass kind, look very heavy to be on the ceiling...

201001261333_332.jpg

Masterroom:

201001261930_337.jpg

Wardrobe and bed with the simple headboard design.

201001261932_338.jpg

I go to site to take these photos after work just now. My living room ceiling and dining light.

201001261928_334.jpg

Switch on only 4x 2x13W downlight (warm-white):

201001261929_335.jpg

This is cool daylight:

201001261929_336.jpg

I think today is the happiest day so far since i started renovation. I like the lights.

this pattern is not acceptable la!!not like this de lah!ask him re-do the skirting for u!

And its true that a booster will make the TV in the bedroom clearer rather than "sandy"

your renovation started for 2 mths already right?seems u not in a hurry too. :P

Just an update on this. Lena Floor Option said that this is orignal Pergo skirting. The ending is like that, this is the capping. If i dun like it slanted, she cant cut it straight for me and seal up the end using putty kind of stuff but is brown in colour.

Haiz. I told her i think over it. Today too much thing to handle liao at site. I only have lunch time to settle certain stuffs on site before i rush back to office...

looking good. hope all your issues can be resolved then u can move in smoothly.

Tomorrow Alex and team will be here to install the window grilles and main gate and bifold doors.

After this, outstanding jobs left:

bedroom and storeroom and main doors installation.

kitchen cabinet installation.

Not inclusive of rectification of defects and touch up on painting works.

Pray... no matter what, i am moving in latest on Sunday. Auspicious date for moving in is either Thursday or Sunday.

*** Edited: And also glass sliding door not done.

Edited by gantan88

Today quite a no. of things happening.

Lighting installation.

Delivery of dining table set, bed, wardrobes.

I got Lena Floor Option on site also together with the installer. Frankly i dunno why i ask her down, seems like a wasted trip to her, but she collected the cheque from me la.

Hiccup: They deliver the wrong design for bed headboard. The delivered one is simpler, not so nice. I called to alert Nova. My mum said it is fated for me to get this simple design because due to the simpler design and shape, it is better for me. Fengshui and all those stuff u know! Duh....

heh, i was talking to lena about your skirtings. she said it's supposed to be slightly slanted :D

if deliver wrong thing, better get it replaced. never accept wrong items!

Just an update on this. Lena Floor Option said that this is orignal Pergo skirting. The ending is like that, this is the capping. If i dun like it slanted, she cant cut it straight for me and seal up the end using putty kind of stuff but is brown in colour.

Haiz. I told her i think over it. Today too much thing to handle liao at site. I only have lunch time to settle certain stuffs on site before i rush back to office...

this one you need to decide yourself, if i were you, i'll just accept it :D

Tomorrow Alex and team will be here to install the window grilles and main gate and bifold doors.

After this, outstanding jobs left:

bedroom and storeroom and main doors installation.

kitchen cabinet installation.

Not inclusive of rectification of defects and touch up on painting works.

Pray... no matter what, i am moving in latest on Sunday. Auspicious date for moving in is either Thursday or Sunday.

*** Edited: And also glass sliding door not done.

please let me know more about the bi-fold doors :D i am waiting anxiously!

heh, i was talking to lena about your skirtings. she said it's supposed to be slightly slanted :D

She must be thinking better not fool around with customers, nowadays internet forums are very powerful tools. :D

if deliver wrong thing, better get it replaced. never accept wrong items!

this one you need to decide yourself, if i were you, i'll just accept it :D

THere is really nothing abt the headboard. Just that the one which i ordered is slightly inclined so more comfortable to sit on bed, lean on it and read a book. :D

please let me know more about the bi-fold doors :D i am waiting anxiously!

As soon as i see the end-product, i take some pics. :)

Edited by gantan88

nice ambiance lights u got there gan! :good:

I go to site to take these photos after work just now. My living room ceiling and dining light.

201001261928_334.jpg

Switch on only 4x 2x13W downlight (warm-white):

201001261929_335.jpg

This is cool daylight:

201001261929_336.jpg

I think today is the happiest day so far since i started renovation. I like the lights.

Today: Installation of window grilles, main gate and bifold doors completed. I just realised the bifold door colour, aircon colour and my wardrobe door colour all very matching.

201001271751_339.jpg

Bifold door lock

201001271742_332.jpg

This is the bottom track, like i say, mainly for guiding the door movement purpose.

201001271741_331.jpg

This is the top track, the roller is hidden inside, not easily disclocate, so more robust in this sense.

201001271742_333.jpg

Now comes the saddest part of this whole renovation.

I was so happy last night after seeing the lightings.. but the happiness is shortlived.

Regret..... (1)

I chose postform for my kitchen top instead of solid surface because postform uses wood and laminate and there are more colours to choose from.

But i forgot that postform top canno tdo undermount of sink.

I am dissapointed. My mum also. Very dissapointed.

Dunno whether is it Contractor told me before but i forgot or they gave me the wrong info.

Regret..... (2)

Postform uses laminate. So for my L-shape cabinet, there is a need to paste 2 seperate pieces of laminate and there is a joint line. I was told about this but i forgot about it. The line is obvious because my top colour is near white.

:(:(:(

Another hiccup:

My 3D drawing has 3 doors for the bottom cabinet. But the carpenter did 4 doors, i dunno why. From an angle, it seems 2 of the doors are smaller in width compared to the rest. Can't confirm this becoz the workers workingon the cabinet and i can't get close enough to see...

Haiz....

Edited by gantan88

This is how the skirting terminates at the door frame.

IMO, very ugly.

Is it suppose to belike that?

[im]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/gantan88/Reno%20T-Blog/201001211853_331.jpg

[ig]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/gantan88/Reno%20T-Blog/201001211853_330.jpg

hi gantan88, this is my skirting at the door frame for your reference.

skirting.jpg