Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
discoburg

Procedures To Follow When Entering A New House

What are the procedures to follow when entering my newly purchased resale flat? My agent was telling me to roll the pineapple from the entrance inwards to the living room and shout Huat ar and also throw salt at every room's 4 corner.

Then my wife's friend told her to mix the salt and rice and throw and the 4 corners.

Can anyone advice?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
What are the procedures to follow when entering my newly purchased resale flat? My agent was telling me to roll the pineapple from the entrance inwards to the living room and shout Huat ar and also throw salt at every room's 4 corner.

Then my wife's friend told her to mix the salt and rice and throw and the 4 corners.

Can anyone advice?

Personally, i feel that the more you consult, the more procedures you will have to follow.

Previously, after i've taken possession of my flat, i have also consulted a few others.

Each person mention 1 step, i ended up doing so many...

To the extent that i went to temple and get the 'red flower' leaves to use for sprinkling of water, together with the concoction of salt + rice.

I've also burnt incense at all corners, so as to 'smoke cleanse' the house. Heard it is 'useful' esp if the house has been left vacant for quite some time, i.e. IF the previous owner has long ago moved out of the house before the new take over.

Juz to give some examples, of what you can expect.

Some of my friends who did nothing, and also 'Heng Heng' staying in the house Happily.

To each his own...

I am not superstitious but my wife wanna do these procedures. I am fine with it cause i am a chinese even though i am of roman catholic faith.

Personally, i feel that the more you consult, the more procedures you will have to follow.

Previously, after i've taken possession of my flat, i have also consulted a few others.

Each person mention 1 step, i ended up doing so many...

To the extent that i went to temple and get the 'red flower' leaves to use for sprinkling of water, together with the concoction of salt + rice.

I've also burnt incense at all corners, so as to 'smoke cleanse' the house. Heard it is 'useful' esp if the house has been left vacant for quite some time, i.e. IF the previous owner has long ago moved out of the house before the new take over.

Juz to give some examples, of what you can expect.

Some of my friends who did nothing, and also 'Heng Heng' staying in the house Happily.

To each his own...

i am a chinese and don't mind following.

my husband is not into it and he has the final say (cos he head of the household), so i cannot go against him if not, no nothing already bad vibes. :rolleyes:

interesting, MIL also not a strong believer and they already moved house like 3-4 times, profitting from every move. :rolleyes:

so anyone here, NOT doing it?

Edited by jeda

i am a chinese and don't mind following.

my husband is not into it and he has the final say (cos he head of the household), so i cannot go against him if not, no nothing already bad vibes. :rolleyes:

interesting, MIL also not a strong believer and they already moved house like 3-4 times, profitting from every move. :rolleyes:

so anyone here, NOT doing it?

me.

hi all,

i did the huat ah and throw pineapple, and also spray 5 colour beans and now here i am living happily for 2 years liao

So is it the procedure that helps or something else?