Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
necrosis

K.i.s,s

...testing....testing...

ahem.

and lo, behold. (assume the link posting works)

the tiny-toony abode that will soon be transformed into a pretty nice place, fingers crossed.

hdblayout.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
...testing....testing...

ahem.

and lo, behold. (assume the link posting works)

the tiny-toony abode that will soon be transformed into a pretty nice place, fingers crossed.

hdblayout.jpg

hey, it works.

hehehe.... :D

i think many thanks are in order...to all the bloggers who shared your home renov process....to all the jiejies n gorgors that wrote reviews on so many IDs/contractors/things to note etc etc...really appreciate the effort and time the jies/gors put in.

that made this such a great resource for renov noobs like myself.

i also wanna thank ptbgal also. she has kindly passed me her old copies of interior design mags.

in this way, we're being in a small way environmentally friendly by recycling those mags. :)

and saving quite some $ for me....heehee....and yes, i'll pass them on to whoever who wants when i'm done, including a few more i bought also.

not for fussy peeps who want pristine pages ah....!!! expect folded pages etc.

also thanks to those i've obtained contacts from....

in the end, i called up 8-9 IDs/contractors....their names would be so familiar. haha...like they are the "must call" peeps when ya look them up in renotalk....anyway, my encounters with them are documented below

1) henry from ID note

2) henry from impress21

3) mr yeak

4) max

5) andy

6) jason from u and b

7) jasper from viewstar

8) ****** from yellowboots

9) patrick from ho bee

10) naaman loh

since our budget is very very tight, i've to keep our renov simple (hence my blog title, to remind to not to go overboard!!)

so after approaching these guys for a quote.....#9 's wife told me cannot complete our renov in 1 mth via email.

to which i replied, no problem, how long would it take and please give me a quote anyway, but no response from the mrs .

#10 smsed me his email and i emailed him my renov wish list. after that, no noise.

so obviously #9 and 10 are out.

while i tried to get in touch with #1, he said he would call me asap. but no news also.

guess these guys are really busy!

but ok lah.

busy then don't take up new projects shows they are committed to delivering quality lah.

#4 and #5 not much reviews from them. but must say their quotes are pretty competitive.

however, hubby decided that since reviews are pretty skimpy, better stick to the "safe" ones.

#8 is very nice to talk to. but after receiving her quote, i tried to contact her to meet up, but no sound from her.

hope she's ok. probably just busy also lah.

#7 was quite dodgy. :P

the quote fit into our budget so nicely, but didn't quote for solid top and electrical works.

then i asked for those to be added, still he didn't add electrical works.

in any case, the item by item listing of the quote was very skimpy and i felt it was quite dodgy lah.

#2 was good, punctual and gave quote/meet ups within reasonable time frames. just that we don't have chemistry with him lah.

the great contest was between #3 and #6. :D

both are so approachable and easy-going, can get what we're trying to describe.

quotes also really reasonable.

tough choice.....

Edited by necrosis

thanks simon the super, mysweet and momo :)

this little nook is at clementi west st 1, just behind the newly revamped ginza plaza.

i took so long to ......during working hours!! *gasp*

better get back to work. :P