Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CJREDDEVIL

My Bishan Memoirs

Hee, it'll be another source of income for her. Esp when there's no festive holidays & lesser pple will order goodies. :D

ya,additional income for wifey..... :( ......stressed for me( hse more messy messy lieow.....)....also need to burnt some more hole in my pocket ...becuz need to reno my hse again.. :bangwall: ..to knock down the studyrm next to the kitchen to make way for bigger kitchen work-top for you guys to attend lessons....????.... :huh: .... :wacko::blink::jawdrop: .......alamak !!!!!! OMG !!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ya,additional income for wifey..... :( ......stressed for me( hse more messy messy lieow.....)....also need to burnt some more hole in my pocket ...becuz need to reno my hse again.. :bangwall: ..to knock down the studyrm next to the kitchen to make way for bigger kitchen work-top for you guys to attend lessons....????.... :huh: .... :wacko::blink::jawdrop: .......alamak !!!!!! OMG !!!!

Haha, dun need lar. We'll just stand around and take down notes can liao. :P

Alamak…… :( ….me got problem lieow………….now it’s not the reno problem…it’s the -Mio + Broadband installation problem !!! ….supposed to be on 1/Feb….but until now still not install due to cabling problems….me now out od internet usage….now am using office network…...

ST needs to install/run a 2nd line for my Mio TV, but due to the height of the roof ceiling from the main DB to my unit , the ST…. cost is the main factor/concerned.

At my first complaint to ST, they ask me to engagae my own contractor to install those cables at my cost..... :furious: ...WTF…..is it my responsibility?....anyway, those area at the common corridor are property of HDB and tel DB is property of ST and am I authorized to do that work…..!!

After a big “hoo ha”…until yesterday…still not resolved…..a ST mgr even re-proposed that I engage a contractor to quote and sintel will decide if they want to pay it….of ucz I refused….i subscribe to ST services….ST make sure the installation/connection….why me……so finally the mgr promised to call me again be noon today….so lets see how lor…....... 8| .......will definitely charge them for non-usage of internet……uhmmm…especially my wifey e-bakery biz losess…..

See below pic on the said problem……

%7Boption%7Dhttp://

%7Boption%7Dhttp:

Edited by CJREDDEVIL

Bro,

i don't understand.

The MIO TV uses normal telephone wire right? You don't have an existing telephone line into the house?

I am also stuck with running an additional trunking in my house cause i did not cater for telephone line into the house cause i use SCV. But now because of EPL and F1 i have to subscribe to MIO :curse:

Bro,

i don't understand.

The MIO TV uses normal telephone wire right? You don't have an existing telephone line into the house?

I am also stuck with running an additional trunking in my house cause i did not cater for telephone line into the house cause i use SCV. But now because of EPL and F1 i have to subscribe to MIO :curse:

the cable problems is outside at the common corridoor....my internal unit's cabling hv already all done up and standby ready during my reno plan....

becuz i subscribe to Mio-TV + 10mbps Broadband....1 additional line is for the broadband.....i can use the exsisting tel line if i downgrade to 5mbps(which actually ST proposed)...but why should i downgrade my plan which i hv already subscribe & paid(to excuse them for the cabling work?)....morever, ST should be responsible on their networking.....i hv already cancelled my SH subscription........1 of the technicain dare to ask if i really want Mio-tv...WTF...of cuz that's the 1 reason why i canell SH to join ST, becuz of football lah......the manager promised to call before noon....till now ....no news....$&*%!#@$!#&

Edited by CJREDDEVIL

the cable problems is outside at the common corridoor....my internal unit's cabling hv already all done up and standby ready during my reno plan....

becuz i subscribe to Mio-TV + 10mbps Broadband....1 additional line is for the broadband.....i can use the exsisting tel line if i downgrade to 5mbps(which actually singtel proposed)...but why should i downgrade my plan which i hv already subscribe & paid(to excuse them for the cabling work?)....morever, signtel should be responsible on their networking.....i hv already cancelled my starhub subscription........1 of the technicain dare to ask if i really want Mio-tv...WTF...of cuz that's the 1 reason why i canell starhub to join singtel, becuz of football lah......the manager promised to call before noon....till now ....no news....$&*%!#@$!#&

Bro...I support u...no way that you engage your Contractor to do up wiring work in common area...ask singtel to approach HDB or Town council to settle problem...

For me, I still hanging on to both Starhub and Singtel because my wife like stubhub program and for mio, the free viewing of the free channel will end in April 2010, till then I will decide whether I will keep Mio...

Do take note that Mio TV sometimes will hang/freeze if you using internet and downloading at the sametime watching...I called them and they cannot give me an answer to resolve... just ask me to replace the splitter(filter)

That is why, in the mio pack they come with many splitter for you to replace when needed...

Bro...I support u...no way that you engage your Contractor to do up wiring work in common area...ask singtel to approach HDB or Town council to settle problem...

For me, I still hanging on to both Starhub and Singtel because my wife like stubhub program and for mio, the free viewing of the free channel will end in April 2010, till then I will decide whether I will keep Mio...

Do take note that Mio TV sometimes will hang/freeze if you using internet and downloading at the sametime watching...I called them and they cannot give me an answer to resolve... just ask me to replace the splitter(filter)

That is why, in the mio pack they come with many splitter for you to replace when needed...

I think I still got 6 splitter at home .... ha .... everytime sign internet with them they will give at least 3 with a useless modem ... ha

thanks bro for sharing my point of view.....that's why i insist of using the 2nd delicated additional line for mio-tv only.....and the normal tel line for my broadband internet and tel.....think i need to go comcentre and BANG table...... :furious: .......!!!

I think I still got 6 splitter at home .... ha .... everytime sign internet with them they will give at least 3 with a useless modem ... ha

Bro...technical service really ask me to keep replacing the splitter as they have no fixed to the problem...can u imagine this answer from the technical service!

thanks bro for sharing my point of view.....that's why i insist of using the 2nd delicated additional line for mio-tv only.....and the normal tel line for my broadband internet and tel.....think i need to go comcentre and BANG table...... :furious: .......!!!

I think u did the right thing for long term usage...bang really hard...I can borrow u my hammer... :P

But what do u intend to do if in the end they admitted is their fault and the answer to u is to fully refund all that you paid and wanting to end just like that...You may want to see how you want to bargain for this point... :)

Bro...technical service really ask me to keep replacing the splitter as they have no fixed to the problem...can u imagine this answer from the technical service!

Actually I never trust singtel help desk got too many bad experience with them .....

but there is onces .... they ask me replace splitter .... at 1st I dun believe .... but it really work ... then i pai seh sia . lol ha

I think u did the right thing for long term usage...bang really hard...I can borrow u my hammer... :P

But what do u intend to do if in the end they admitted is their fault and the answer to u is to fully refund all that you paid and wanting to end just like that...You may want to see how you want to bargain for this point... :)

after banging table....and if still they do not want to run/install the cable(which i tink is not a problem)...

1st option: i get my own contractor to do it( of cuz with an authorization letter from singtel to carry out this job) and charge the cost to singtel....in this case....singtel hv to think twice abt their profession....why their current contractor cannot do the job...with that, i will start talking terms with singtel abt how to compensate me for the non usage and loses i had.

2nd option(which may be difficult): as i hv sign the contract of services to be provided(legally binded), signtel should compensate me should they decide to withdraw the installation...that it.....i might go all the way to sue singtel for breach of services contract.....should they dun agree, i will take this apportunity to broadcast out to media and to starhub....untill they give me a solution..........whaaaa...seems so serious ya...of cuz i am !!!!...wish me luck !

Hey danny....

Updates on my broadband internet connection saga.....

It really took me hard pain-*** talking to the hotline officers/mgrs untill when i went directly to comcentre to see a customer service manager.

( he is a retail operation manager)......really apreciates his efforts and time taken to settle the said problem....

Finally, they(ST) seems to accept/realized that it's their responsiblility to run/install the 2ndline by their own contractor....but due to time constrain and probaly the contracted terms agreement with the contractor....they cant fullfill my requirement/request on time.....

We both hv therefore accepted to cancel the broadband access and only install the mio tv., and I still can enjoy all those discounts/offers for the original package, becuz it's ST whom cannot meet the installtion condition and they hv to comply to what had been signed with me.

Thus, i will be having all discounts/offers stated on the mio home package...except the broadband charges....

More ever, I then switch back to SH for the broadband without any re-activation fees/penalties...in fact.. :D ..they(SH) even gave a 35% discount for 8mbps sign-up....onli $37+ monthly subscription ...no other hidden 1 time charges....

HHHaaaa....this is why I am able to make this post using the internet....they(SH) are more effectives than ST.........

However, i will definately write to ST about this saga and also to send my special appreciation/commendation to that retail operation mgr on this excellent services... :good:

ermmm....no need to borrow your "hammer" already lor......

Edited by CJREDDEVIL

hi danny, congrats on getting SH :D ya they are very fast, can install within 1 business day.

i subscribed to mio home, needed to wait 8 days, or 6 business days.

but my experience was pretty good, came in installed tv, internet and phone, tried all of them, all works no problem. before the installers left, i was asked to speak to a customer service person, told him all works great. only after that, did the installers leave. great service :D

i watch mio tv and surf internet at the same time, no issues with mio tv hanging or anything.

latest updates on ST saga.... :furious:

finally they(ST) came to install the moi tv this evening...everything looks fine and well...it took abt 20mins to complete...

after the installer left....i found that the set-top box & the remote controller wasn't a new set(noticed some scratches)....never mind...the worst thing is that some of the button on the remote is faulty....the volume button can lower but cannot increase vol.....scroll button also not working... :furious: ..WTF....

Called the hotline again......their solution/reply is .....pls go to a hello-shop at Tampines or Comcentre to change it.....WTF ...!!!!....i am at bishan...ask me to go tampines....comcentre...it already 8.30pm...they closes at 9pm.....

I ask them how to activate the vol directly at the set-top box.....sorry....only the remote can activate the vol.....WTF !!!!

Ask again when they can sent a replacement remote bcuz it's considered installation un-complete.....installation failed......their reply .....let me make an apppointment for you again...it should be week after next...knn.........WTF !!!!

I then told them that I will bring the remote + the set-up box and throw/bang it on the customer service counter at comcentre...which I will do it tommorow...!

Realized that all these hotline call centre are not singtel staff...they are an out-source services...it also seem that they are not at local too.....try calling them and ask for thier name....you will notice it....maybe india......as hokkien says:.........kong kek leng kia uae.....sng kek leng kia sieow......if you know what i mean ...

This ST saga had really pissed-off my CNY mood!........ :fire::fire: ........ :angry2: ......if i have a choice...i will never subscribe ST again.!!!!!

Aiyo~ Very terrible service man. Haiz... I dun like them too. My hb had a bad experience with them abt broadband. So once the contract with them was over, we immediately terminate it.