Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ruriimasu

I Might Have Been Scammed! Help - King Koil Centennial Ultra Posture Support Mattress

bcos actually my gut feeling that night pointed out something amiss.. i called back to the shop and the other colleague of that salesman answered and told me exactly the same info, that it was latex top. so you can see from this that the shop's salespersons are not honest. going directly to the shop wun solve anything. i can only get the main office to put pressure on them to correct the problem they caused.

maybe you can call and do a recording of their response again to support your own case too.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
maybe you can call and do a recording of their response again to support your own case too.

i thot about that.. but they must have been alerted by now. the only thing i hope is i can get a refund, although the PO stated no refund or exchange. but the goods were not as claimed so i want my $ back.. :curse:

i thot about that.. but they must have been alerted by now. the only thing i hope is i can get a refund, although the PO stated no refund or exchange. but the goods were not as claimed so i want my $ back.. :curse:

where is the shop located?

did you buy at shop or expo?

where is the shop located?

did you buy at shop or expo?

its king koil boutique at kaki bukit enterprise one. supposed to be a branch of king koil but i didnt think they would be as dishonest as the other retailers.

Even if you want to proceed to small claim (in the worse senario), you would still need to go down if they refuse to call you.

Eventually you would need to show that you have done all you could to resolve but merchant is unwilling. All the more it shows they are guilty of scam.

No doubt, receipt shows as no refund and exchange, but in actual fact, goods sold are not as promised so there should be another way round to it.

Dun seek out the sales person.. go direct to higher authority.. dont give them any more chance to delay

Even if you want to proceed to small claim (in the worse senario), you would still need to go down if they refuse to call you.

Eventually you would need to show that you have done all you could to resolve but merchant is unwilling. All the more it shows they are guilty of scam.

No doubt, receipt shows as no refund and exchange, but in actual fact, goods sold are not as promised so there should be another way round to it.

Dun seek out the sales person.. go direct to higher authority.. dont give them any more chance to delay

wah lao.. i called up the branch mgr and was yelled at the 1st thing i identified myself. i said i dun want to talk to them n kup phone then i called up the main office. pending a reply in 45mins. :curse:

wah lao.. i called up the branch mgr and was yelled at the 1st thing i identified myself. i said i dun want to talk to them n kup phone then i called up the main office. pending a reply in 45mins. :curse:

tell the main office if you do not get a satisfied response by today, everything will be in the media within 2 days. STOMP, Channelnewsasia, asiaone, today paper or TNP, wan bao etc. tell them you got friends in the media.

Edited by zhiz

the branch mgr yell at you for what?

yelled at me for complaining their outlet. said i tried the stuff i should know etc etc.. all i know is when i asked for a latex top and the salesman said it is a latex top, i expect a latex top and no ****ty others even if they feel as comfortable as a latex top!

tell the main office if you do not get a satisfied response by today, everything will be in the media within 2 days. STOMP, Channelnewsasia, asiaone, today paper or TNP, wan bao etc. tell them you got friends in the media.

how to write in to these media ar? i am extremely pissed now. tink even if they offer me full latex at no top up i will not take. just want to get my refund and see that disciplinary action be taken against the bloody branch mgr and the lying saleman!

how to write in to these media ar? i am extremely pissed now. tink even if they offer me full latex at no top up i will not take. just want to get my refund and see that disciplinary action be taken against the bloody branch mgr and the lying saleman!

call up the new paper tell them you were conned into buying some mattress see if they wanna pick up the news

post in stomp also can

if very free weekend can also make a scene there to chase away their customers. haha

waited 2 hrs but no one from the main office returned called yet. called back at the 1hr mark and was told the decision makers were in a meeting and someone would call back. up till now....

edit... while writing this reply, someone from the branch called back, claimed she was a decision maker at the branch. told me to go down to the branch so they could recommend me another mattress + me topping up $$.. I said no, because that was my budget why should I pay more? then she said the store policy may not allow full refund and she would check and call me up again. WTH :curse:

No. although I was fine with the mattress. I specifically stated I wanted a latex top. The reason I bought it was because he said it was. I wont be able to sleep cmfortably in that knowing i had been conned. it is one thing about the quality of the mattress and another thing to give false information about the mattress.

anyway, i called up the king koil office to check but they had been sitting on my query without any replies. I called them up thrice liao. I think i really was had. The invoice stated no refund, anyway i can get a refund, other than the small claims i read about? the mattress isnt delivered yet.

I think its really up to individual on whether to get your own rights as a mattress is something u gona spent 1/3 of our life on it,for us we expect nothing short of our basic requirements.Below is our true account with rogue salesman JIM Loh from ACKERMAN & SMITH PTE LTD :

Beware of ACKERMAN & SMITH Pte Ltd

ACKERMAN & SMITH

*Below is a true personal horrific account of me and my wife we been through with ACKERMAN & SMITH at Home decor show in Expo,as such we strongly suggest that general purchases above considerably amount should do sufficient homework to avoid costly mistakes.

Me and my wife went down to changi Expo not long ago in recent Home Decor show expecting to find a good deal or two for our upcoming new abode.We couldnt make up our mind even as we went through the various mattress brands.Just as we were about to leave the hall,we chanced upon a undeniably competent but otherwise the most persistent and unscrupulous con man named JIM LOH we ever encountered.

He has the freaking nerve to quote us a famed Westin Stamford 'Heavenly bed' model for $2700 down from $5388,deals seem tada too attractive for anyone to turn down provided its an authentic deal.We were to foolhardy to be taken in by this nonchalent,unethical conman without doing a basic pior check with Simmons first.The actual model he sold us is Simmons 'Arlington Plush',an exclusive model to their company,we got our shock of our life when we did call the next day to do a verification with CSA- wee kiat from Simmons- that model is exclusive to Ackerman & Smith,no hotels are using that model not to mention Westins Heavenly bed.

Called up Jim loh-Ackerman & Smith to clarify the matter,has the cheek to deny his initial statements like a pussy and said he only told us that its similar in certain specs during the show.Once again we call Simmons back for a further verfications,once again we were attended by wee kiat who did a check with his manager Preston Yu : Simmons Arlington Plush has no similar models with any hotels model,please double confirm fact with him again.With this information we confronted Jim loh,he argued that he got the facts right and even accused others of not having total understanding of Simmons specs - hello we got our information form a Simmons manager wos been with the company for a good 11 years.He then offered us to go down to his branch and pick another model which we did so without finding a suitable mattresses that match our requirements.

Called Jim to check if we could swap our mattress to items amounting to our $400 deposit made,turned down our suggestion rudely and kup our phone.Thats the last we heard from the irresponsible conman,we decided to forward our case to small claims court tribunal instead of CASE after much considerations.I mean its not a matter of $ lost but a serious breach of customer's trust,misrepresentation/misleading case we are talking about now,we just want to prevent further similar cases from recurring again.

For those who wish to learn about Ackerman & Smith legacy,feel free to search Ackerman & Smith in various forum like Renotalk and you be surprised to learn how notorious they are!

waited 2 hrs but no one from the main office returned called yet. called back at the 1hr mark and was told the decision makers were in a meeting and someone would call back. up till now....

edit... while writing this reply, someone from the branch called back, claimed she was a decision maker at the branch. told me to go down to the branch so they could recommend me another mattress + me topping up $$.. I said no, because that was my budget why should I pay more? then she said the store policy may not allow full refund and she would check and call me up again. WTH :curse:

ruriimasu how did u go with the refund? i think this lesson serves to us as... do your research b4 u buy!

i was just at enterprise one 2 wkends ago.. planning to get a mattress too.. i was at the king koil boutique as well but i was served by an lady, not sure if shes the branch manager? .. but i thought she was quite friendly and nice... and one of the better sales person i've encountered so far.... i think i can safely conclude... avoid salesMAN! i'm eyeing this Medcare Support its really comfortable (like a plush pillow top with pocketed spring), and this store has quoted me the most competitive price.... let me go back there tis wkend and test their service! :)