Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ruriimasu

I Might Have Been Scammed! Help - King Koil Centennial Ultra Posture Support Mattress

Why do I feel that ruiimasu is such a loser? U pay what you get I don't think you can get a good branded latex mattress the price you are willing to pay.

i think i know who you are. so... u might want to think b4 u comment as i have closed the case since i am getting my refund. but if u insist to discredit me or go as far as to harass me for posting these comments online like the shop, i will just make it bigger and make sure the shop name goes up in some media avenues like some forummers here pointed out.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i think i know who you are. so... u might want to think b4 u comment as i have closed the case since i am getting my refund. but if u insist to discredit me or go as far as to harass me for posting these comments online like the shop, i will just make it bigger and make sure the shop name goes up in some media avenues like some forummers here pointed out.

wohhh now it scares me because I don't even know you and you know me? bro I'm not even discrediting you in any way are you insecured or something? You have too many assumptions go in ur head, go out and breathe some fresh air. Nobody is against you ;) Anyways I'm out of here guys.

Romans8 if god is for us who can be against us?

Why do I feel that ruiimasu is such a loser? U pay what you get I don't think you can get a good branded latex mattress the price you are willing to pay.

He made his buying decision based on false information supplied by a sales rep from the shop.

He could have done more research prio to buying, but he probably wouldn't have bought had the salesman not lied about the latex top.

Rurimasu,

I think you should stomp it and wrote on their forum that you are being called names and harrased as well.

Poor sales people should not get away with it.

what's going on here?!

hey good that you are getting your refund back!! so which model are you gonna get next?? i'm still looking around for my mattress, think i'll check out other places like furniture mall or something???? any good deals let me know!!

what's going on here?!

hey good that you are getting your refund back!! so which model are you gonna get next?? i'm still looking around for my mattress, think i'll check out other places like furniture mall or something???? any good deals let me know!!

i'll probably try slumberland or lookout for warehouse sales. :)

what's going on here?!

i think harvey norman price is lowest at the moment.

i think harvey norman price is lowest at the moment.

for which brand zhiz? i passed by the one at centrepoint and think that one has the biggest collection of mattresses amongst all its stores.

Edited by ruriimasu

for which brand zhiz?

they have a $200 off mattress. for eg my sealy bed is selling around 2.5k at courts, sealy boutique, harvey. 2.7k at robinson.

after discount is 2.3k at harvey.

look for salinah there cos she was excellent in servicing us. after going around singapore i prefer harvey cos the sales staff are not brand salesman. they are neutral and will recommend you a couple of brand for you to choose.

for which brand zhiz? i passed by the one at centrepoint and think that one has the biggest collection of mattresses amongst all its stores.

yah i went to centrepoint.

coool! thanks guys. i'll check it out over the wkend!

i'm actually looking for a latex mattress too... ruimasu: is bio-ceramic from slumberland a latex too?

coool! thanks guys. i'll check it out over the wkend!

i'm actually looking for a latex mattress too... ruimasu: is bio-ceramic from slumberland a latex too?

no.. its not. its difference is in that it has some healing properties which is good for the body.

no.. its not. its difference is in that it has some healing properties which is good for the body.

thanks ruii I finally got my mattress last weekend!! didnt't wanna bring back your bad memories but i went back to the King Koil Boutique and got my MedCare Ortho Support (rem the model that I mentioned earlier). I still liked this the most after all the latex models I've tried, I like the cooling material.,plus is within my budget. I was undecided between the Sealy and the King Koil.... but because mine is a custom King, 1.8m x 2m and Sealy told me I had to wait for at least a couple months (??!!) But yeah! I am happy ccause i got to save $$ and am really excited for it to arrive (Delivery nxt wed!. Will keep you guys updated!!

BTW, went back to the Kaki Bukit branch but didnt see the male salesman who possibly served you the last time.. (maybe he got sacked after the whole saga hahaah!) hard luck!

I think all of us that are shopping for furnishings are potential victims. As we are all excited about doing up our nest nicely, we tend to make rash decisions, not helped by the constant pushing of salesman. Not all salesman are bad, but it's better to go prepapred.

For me, I try to do the following:

- go to a big shop which carries a variety of models/brands under one roof. for beddings, i normally go to Robinsons. for electrical, I go to BD or HN.

- it's more difficult for lightnings, toilet fittings and sofas. each shop has their unique brand and design. for these, my wife and i decide on a particular model or design and then go shopping.

- once i know the pricing at the major retail outlets for a particular brand, model, that's where i start shopping at neighbourhood shops. this is where the danger starts. more often than not, a particular shop will start pushing you things that they want to move fast, either to clear old stocks or to get a higher comm for a particular brand. But remain focussed. Some of these advise are good, some, well.... If unsure, walk away and research again.

- when placing order, i never pay the full amt upfront. 30-50% should be the norm. I read from somewhere, the deposit they take is the shop's cost of the goods u bought.

- if the shop accepts credit card, a day or 2 before delivery, i go to the shop and pay the rest. ONLY if the shop is a reputable one. If it's those at expo, forget it....i will pay the rest when i see the goods delivered.

despite all the abv checks list that i've sort of internalised over the years, my wife and i still can succumb to pushy salesman. recently being while shopping for dining chairs, the guy asked if we are keen to look at matteresses. even though we are not looking at beds, we thought...why not, no obligation what...just look see look see. that's where the sales guy got real pushy, in a friendly manner though. the brand was not familiar to me but he kept saying they are made to feel and look exactly like the real thing. from the sticker price of close to 3k, he offered me something closer to 1.5k. that's where my alarm bells started ringing. my wife though was already keen, and had to pull her back to earth. must say it's even from a quite reputable shop, listed parent company and we bought stuffs from them more than 6 years ago.

at the end of the day, buyers' beware, do your research, don't be swayed