Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ruriimasu

I Might Have Been Scammed! Help - King Koil Centennial Ultra Posture Support Mattress

Help guys! I just bought a King koil Centennial Ultra posture support mattress over the weekend. I told the salesman I wanted a latex top mattress and he said this model was a natural latex top. I tried it, it felt ok. So I bought the mattress. But I wanted a latex top, so even if this mattress felt great i am not about to go along being cheated. Now back home I did a search online and could not find any information about it being a latex top mattress. I think I might have been scammed by the saleman. It was a king koil boutique. any advise from anyone who might have used it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Like zhiz says, at the price there probably isn't any latex.

I only started shopping for mattresses recently and am no expert, but at that price you usually only get the springs, foam and quilt.

Maybe he'll try to save himself, by saying there's some latex in the foam? Think the sales guy tried to pull a fast one o you. I would like to add though, that if you liked the mattress and it felt good, why not just leave it be?

Edited by elfettucine

Like zhiz says, at the price there probably isn't any latex.

I only started shopping for mattresses recently and am no expert, but at that price you usually only get the springs, foam and quilt.

Maybe he'll try to save himself, by saying there's some latex in the foam? Think the sales guy tried to pull a fast one o you. I would like to add though, that if you liked the mattress and it felt good, why not just leave it be?

No. although I was fine with the mattress. I specifically stated I wanted a latex top. The reason I bought it was because he said it was. I wont be able to sleep cmfortably in that knowing i had been conned. it is one thing about the quality of the mattress and another thing to give false information about the mattress.

anyway, i called up the king koil office to check but they had been sitting on my query without any replies. I called them up thrice liao. I think i really was had. The invoice stated no refund, anyway i can get a refund, other than the small claims i read about? the mattress isnt delivered yet.

finally got someone on the 4th call. hopefully the product is as described otherwise i lose all faith in the product and will demand a refund for false information.

Just to update you guys.. Got a call through to the king koil office and a rep replied to me that the mattress is indeed NOT a latex top mattress. He said will get the shop manager to call me to settle the dispute. Very angry! I want a full refund now. :curse:

Just to update you guys.. Got a call through to the king koil office and a rep replied to me that the mattress is indeed NOT a latex top mattress. He said will get the shop manager to call me to settle the dispute. Very angry! I want a full refund now. :curse:

most likely will call you to apologise but try all ways not to refund you

make sure they deliver the cheque to you or something

most likely will call you to apologise but try all ways not to refund you

make sure they deliver the cheque to you or something

i paid in full with credit card ley.. u mean if refund is by cheque?

the shop is their authorised dealer and i supposed the kingkoil main office can do something about them. if not.. im going to ruin their reputation online.

I think refund by cheque will be much faster than refund thru your credit card!

If by cheque, they should be able to give u almost immediate, if by credit card.. you probably got to wait for weeks..

they will tell you normal procedure.

i love the power of internet!!!

information at our finger tips.

if scammed, the internet will help let the whole world hear about it too :)

I think refund by cheque will be much faster than refund thru your credit card!

If by cheque, they should be able to give u almost immediate, if by credit card.. you probably got to wait for weeks..

they will tell you normal procedure.

I used to work in retail.

If a customer comes into the shop and makes enough noise, my boss usually wanted him out instead of ruining further business.

With the transaction code on the credit card receipt they should be able to do an immediate refund. If you don't go back yourself, it will really take much longer for the card company and the bank to process.

rats! no one called back to me. called back their main office and it closed at 5pm. will check back with the guy who handled my complain tmr. dun want to call up the branch mgr.. sumting must be up.. sians..... :bleah:

I used to work in retail.

If a customer comes into the shop and makes enough noise, my boss usually wanted him out instead of ruining further business.

With the transaction code on the credit card receipt they should be able to do an immediate refund. If you don't go back yourself, it will really take much longer for the card company and the bank to process.

Even thou its supposed to work that way, but not all merchants speed up the process like this.

rats! no one called back to me. called back their main office and it closed at 5pm. will check back with the guy who handled my complain tmr. dun want to call up the branch mgr.. sumting must be up.. sians..... :bleah:

why dun you go straight down?

why dun you go straight down?

bcos actually my gut feeling that night pointed out something amiss.. i called back to the shop and the other colleague of that salesman answered and told me exactly the same info, that it was latex top. so you can see from this that the shop's salespersons are not honest. going directly to the shop wun solve anything. i can only get the main office to put pressure on them to correct the problem they caused.