Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cboonh

Blogourhome

Hey cboonh,

Welcome to RT.. ur house is beautiful.. i guess u need little renov right? Still look very new and clean..

U have abt the same layout as my house.. except for the kitchen and bomb shelter.. urs is bigger.. envy.. we also have a walkin path to our MBR.. but i think the space is abit wasted.. dunno wat to do abt it..

hello hello~ thanks for the kind comments! would love to tear down the whole house and revamp everything if my pocket permits. but but but.. my pocket not deep enough to permit lah haha. so we had to choose a "newer" unit to begin with.

ya huh, almost same layout! You're too modest ah, looking at ur plan your rooms are bigger! woot! oh ya, your location is to-die-for too! so close to town! hehe :drunk:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi cboonh,

welcome welcome !

very nice house huh... :good: ...!!! no need to do much reno lieow....maybe excpet the toilets... :unsure: ...

looking forward to your transformation without the minimised hacking/drillings.....same like mine too! :D

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Gratz on your new house.

I like the Pebble floor. It only take you 3 weeks for first app - key collection. It's really fast. I thought standard is 3 weeks to 6weeks? My first appointment is earlier than yours and yet i collect key after u.

Good luck on the reno and show us mroe swee swee photo. :D:D

Hi cboonh,

welcome welcome !

very nice house huh... :good: ...!!! no need to do much reno lieow....maybe excpet the toilets... :unsure: ...

looking forward to your transformation without the minimised hacking/drillings.....same like mine too! :D

Cheers!

hello hello! Saw ur tblog, your old place lagi nice! I'm really interested to see how you can transform your new em to another masterpiece! Jia you! :D

Gratz on your new house.

I like the Pebble floor. It only take you 3 weeks for first app - key collection. It's really fast. I thought standard is 3 weeks to 6weeks? My first appointment is earlier than yours and yet i collect key after u.

Good luck on the reno and show us mroe swee swee photo. :D:D

Thanks Ve_ve! Actually, it took us slightly longer than 3months from start to completion. hehe. I think it's quite long ah, the period when we bought the unit was when hdb market suddenly went bonkers and keep going higher. And heard from my agent that the waiting time from otp to completion was getting longer and longer. We were quite lucky to have bought the unit when the market was just beginning to pick up. :)

Looking forward to see your place soon!

hello hello! Saw ur tblog, your old place lagi nice! I'm really interested to see how you can transform your new em to another masterpiece! Jia you! :D

uhmmm.... :unsure: ....alamak..... might disappoint you leh.....dun really intend to make any extreme reno transformation like my current EM....since my new resale EM is still so good condition and also to save some $$ lah.......anyway, still have not make any decision.....will keep posted.

Cheers!

uhmmm.... :unsure: ....alamak..... might disappoint you leh.....dun really intend to make any extreme reno transformation like my current EM....since my new resale EM is still so good condition and also to save some $$ lah.......anyway, still have not make any decision.....will keep posted.

Cheers!

hehe, that was my guiding principle when we started reno. but one thing let to another.. hahaa~

anyway... looking at your previous unit, your standards must be quite high! So can expect impressive stuff to come! :dribble::dribble:

Plans to renovate (Initial, Final)

Our plan for the unit was to save as much as possible, and not do unnecessary renovation. The first important hurdle to clear was to select the theme for the house. My wife has a softspot for all things retro and we were drawn towards using retro as a theme. But as we do more research, we found that retro tend to be quite loud and not very 耐看 (timeless *dunno if it’s the right word for耐看* hehe). With time, the retro design may not be soothing for the eyes. As we pour over the design mags and books, we found an interesting concept.. “Scandinavian Style” and I quote from googling –“It combines the neutral colors of the Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish landscape with a casual aged appearance. The Scandinavian color palette relies on basic colors: whites, from ecru to bright white, beiges, natural light wood tones, and light blues. The exception to the neutral color scheme is the frequent addition of bright red. Red contrasts dramatically with the mostly pale interiors to add interest. ” Think Ikea~ hehe

Some pictures of scandi style to share..

pic5q.jpgpic2zu.jpg

pic1ec.jpgkeittiruokailutilaanpin.jpg

This theme suited our existing home design and we can build on it to make it better. We are the lazy type who dreads cleaning, so the minimalist design theme would suit our lifestyle. :P

After selecting the theme, we went on to figure out what to revamp. I’ll go room by room here.

Living room

After much consideration, the partition must go. Yay! We’ll be creating a new tv console to match our scandi theme. Hehe~

livingrmz.jpg

Study room

The study table needs to go. Also, after we hack the partition in the living room, there is some free play with the wall (study room and living room share a flap of wall), we’ll be creating a full height bookshelf to store some of the books we have. We will also be re-laminating the shelves and cupboard under the window to bring it up to date! :)

studyroom.jpgstudyroom2.jpg

Kitchen is up next..

Kitchen

We wanted to save money by only repairing the kitchen. Btw, we were quoted <$500 to change that particular section and to change all the hinges with dampers. However, upon closer inspection… the whole stretch of wood from the sink all the way to the right was water damaged. so not much of a choice, the whole three sections have to go. After further deliberation, we decided.. what the heck! Change the whole cabinet lah! And we did! We didn’t regret that decision. hehe The flooring tiles will also go, from the small and slippery hdb tiles to something that should be bigger (hence modern) and non-slip. We’ll also be enlarging the kitchen entrance and bringing down the washing machine partition. This is all done to make the kitchen bigger and more open! :D

kitchencabinetwaterdama.jpg

cabinetrot.jpg

kitchenentrancefromstud.jpg

Bedroom 2 & MBR

Other than adding a cabinet under the window recess and shelves on each side, there was nothing major for BR2. For the MBR, we are looking at re-laminating the bed headboard to give the room a newer and softer look. :)

roomcommonfromwalkway.jpgmasterbedrmfromentrance.jpg

Toilets

From the onset, we wanted to revamp both toilets. But the unforeseen kitchen damage had taken priority over the toilets’ revamp. We figured that the toilet was still in relatively good condition and we dropped the idea of re-doing the toilets. The major changes to the toilet would be the addition of new w/c and sinks! well.. Something’s gotta give! :(

That's all for now~ comments very very welcome~! :drunk::thumbs up:

xie xie! we are intending to keep much of the existing areas but add our own touches here and there. hehe! You're right ah, the partition must go! In fact, already gone liao :sport-smiley-004: , looking forward to show you guys the changes too! hehehe

Haha! Great! Show us pics of the demolition. :P

Sounds like u guys did alot of homework and put lots of thoughts into making ur house into a home. Yah, water leaking is no joke. Think u made the right decision to hack away the whole kitchen cabinet. :)

Wao, ur renov starts so fast.. Cool.

u mentioned abt removing sink and WC.. hmm will it affect the tiles?

Our reno has started for awhile already. My posting here are a bit retrospective ah.. got to write faster! hehe

btw, removing the w/c and sink did not affect my tiles. I dunno if it's normal practice, but for my case, the w/c and sink are not cemented to the floor. They are "bonded" to the floor by silion and some bonding mixture on top of existing tiles. So after they remove the fixtures, the tiles will show. One minor disparity is the colour difference between the "covered" tiles and the other tiles. Nothing a good acid wash cannot remove i guess? hehe :dribble:

Haha! Great! Show us pics of the demolition. :P

Sounds like u guys did alot of homework and put lots of thoughts into making ur house into a home. Yah, water leaking is no joke. Think u made the right decision to hack away the whole kitchen cabinet. :)

demolition pictures coming up! hahaa..

it's our maiden renovation journey, so we had to put a little more effort into the prep works.. But I cant help to think that some things we might miss out. If not for this forum ah, i think worst still. Our reno sure kanna tok carrot head and will miss out a lot of the details. :)

Plans to renovate (Initial, Final)

Our plan for the unit was to save as much as possible, and not do unnecessary renovation. The first important hurdle to clear was to select the theme for the house. My wife has a softspot for all things retro and we were drawn towards using retro as a theme. But as we do more research, we found that retro tend to be quite loud and not very 耐看 (timeless *dunno if it’s the right word for耐看* hehe). With time, the retro design may not be soothing for the eyes. As we pour over the design mags and books, we found an interesting concept.. “Scandinavian Style” and I quote from googling –“It combines the neutral colors of the Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish landscape with a casual aged appearance. The Scandinavian color palette relies on basic colors: whites, from ecru to bright white, beiges, natural light wood tones, and light blues. The exception to the neutral color scheme is the frequent addition of bright red. Red contrasts dramatically with the mostly pale interiors to add interest. ” Think Ikea~ hehe

Some pictures of scandi style to share..

pic5q.jpgpic2zu.jpg

pic1ec.jpgkeittiruokailutilaanpin.jpg

This theme suited our existing home design and we can build on it to make it better. We are the lazy type who dreads cleaning, so the minimalist design theme would suit our lifestyle. :P

After selecting the theme, we went on to figure out what to revamp. I’ll go room by room here.

Wah cboonh,

I like the stairs concept... :dribble: ...! Too bad, we can't do anything on HDB EM.....so lucky me....no need to spent $$$ to consider this stairs....uhmmm.. :unsure: ...5rm got stairs meh???....oic it's the 3d sample pics.......hahahaha.... :P ...me blurr lioew....sorli!

Cheers!

hehe, that was my guiding principle when we started reno. but one thing let to another.. hahaa~

anyway... looking at your previous unit, your standards must be quite high! So can expect impressive stuff to come! :dribble::dribble:

thank you for your compliments ......your " look me up" comments.......now i feel very pressurize leh..... :help: ...WARNING >>> you might be disappointed.... :bow: ..my apologies in advance......ahhahahhaha :bleah:

Cheers!

Wah cboonh,

I like the stairs concept... :dribble: ...! Too bad, we can't do anything on HDB EM.....so lucky me....no need to spent $$$ to consider this stairs....uhmmm.. :unsure: ...5rm got stairs meh???....oic it's the 3d sample pics.......hahahaha.... :P ...me blurr lioew....sorli!

Cheers!

broo, 5rm no stairs for sure! hahaa~ that picture was to give an example of scandinavian style design and decor ma. Hehe.