Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cboonh

Blogourhome

demolition pictures coming up! hahaa..

it's our maiden renovation journey, so we had to put a little more effort into the prep works.. But I cant help to think that some things we might miss out. If not for this forum ah, i think worst still. Our reno sure kanna tok carrot head and will miss out a lot of the details. :)

Hehe, yeah, I also learnt lots from this forum. Guess this is the power of the internet. :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
thank you for your compliments ......your " look me up" comments.......now i feel very pressurize leh..... :help: ...WARNING >>> you might be disappointed.... :bow: ..my apologies in advance......ahhahahhaha :bleah:

Cheers!

:yamseng:

so humble! pressure then will have good results... right???? hahaha! :P

Hehe, yeah, I also learnt lots from this forum. Guess this is the power of the internet. :P

:thumbs up: Cant agree more!

Start of renovation

We started our renovation in the mid of October. The hacking took a few days as the amount to hack and dismantle was minimum. :P Here’s some picture of the hacking process..

Living Room (Hacking in progress)

livingroompartitionb41.jpg

Living Room (after)

livingroompartitionaft.jpg

Study Room (Before and After)

studybefore.jpgstudyaft.jpg

Here's a view of the hacked Living and study room from the kitchen area.

livingroomandstudyroomh.jpg

Kitchen pictures will be in the next post.. :yamseng:

Here's some pic of the kitchen demolition~~!

Kitchen (Hacking in Progress)

kitchencabinet.jpgkitchenfloor.jpg

Kitchen Entrance (After)

enlargedkitchenentrance.jpg

Minor problem encountered...

kitchenentrance.jpg

After removing the washing machine partition in the kitchen, we realised its subtle initial usage.. i.e. to block people along the corridor from looking into the living room, and to hide the clothing hanging on the bamboo poles to be visible from the living room. After some deliberation, we decided that to keep curious onlookers from peeping in, we will put up “one way mirror” film on the kitchen windows. :D

That's all for now.. :)

Here's some pic of the kitchen demolition~~!

Kitchen (Hacking in Progress)

kitchencabinet.jpgkitchenfloor.jpg

Kitchen Entrance (After)

enlargedkitchenentrance.jpg

Minor problem encountered...

kitchenentrance.jpg

After removing the washing machine partition in the kitchen, we realised its subtle initial usage.. i.e. to block people along the corridor from looking into the living room, and to hide the clothing hanging on the bamboo poles to be visible from the living room. After some deliberation, we decided that to keep curious onlookers from peeping in, we will put up “one way mirror” film on the kitchen windows. :D

That's all for now.. :)

Walau....i thought your house all still new new but....you really hack hack lieow hah??? must salute you mann..... :bow: ...looking forward to see your transformation.

Cheers!

Walau....i thought your house all still new new but....you really hack hack lieow hah??? must salute you mann..... :bow: ...looking forward to see your transformation.

Cheers!

hahhaahaa~ no lah.. Only hack the areas that are crucial. Kitchen actually we wanted to overlay the tiles.. but my contractor gave me a very special price for hacking and relaying the tiles. soo... hack lo! hahaa So far it has been a very good experience renovating with him. :)

Hi, may I know what was the valuation and COV for the Anchorvale Link flat that u bought? I used to stay in Blk 318B. In fact, I still missed the tranquility and the new sports facilities that were there. What level is ur unit? Congrats on ur new place!

Hi, may I know what was the valuation and COV for the Anchorvale Link flat that u bought? I used to stay in Blk 318B. In fact, I still missed the tranquility and the new sports facilities that were there. What level is ur unit? Congrats on ur new place!

Hi tower, thank you for the congratulations!

We bought our place at valuation, $410k and we're at level 12. :)

Recently there is a new fanatic going on at the empty plot of land in front of 318B.... Kite flying!! So many kites especially during the weekend. Very pleasing to the eyes. Somehow it's relaxing seeing all those kites in flight. :D

Where are you at now? ;) (Edit: I just saw that you shifted to hougang! :))

Edited by cboonh

Good buy! the hosue even has false ceilings already! No need to buy lights as well hor?

Btw, I agree with your decision to hack the tv partition wall + the entrance to the kitchen. :) Opens up everything a whole lot more!

Oh u stay near to the sports hub? I always go there to swim during wkday in the afternoon... always see alot of pple flying kite.. the view is **** cool even on a wkday with so many kites in the blue blue sky..

When i read on your first few post... i thought the place is close to perfect and nothing much to reno.

But now... I am looking forward to see the great transformation from good to even better!

Hi hOurStyle, thanks for the well wishes! And I sure hope i dun disappoint you. I should be uploading the makeoer pictures soon! :) Just got back after a week+ away. :D

Good buy! the hosue even has false ceilings already! No need to buy lights as well hor?

Btw, I agree with your decision to hack the tv partition wall + the entrance to the kitchen. :) Opens up everything a whole lot more!

Helllooo annjoy, thanks~! We still had to buy lightings for the living room and other areas. For the living room, we removed the lighting in the middle and added a ceiling fan to that point. As the ex-owner were using halogen lights for some points, the room will be quite dark if we carried on using it. so... we changed it to normal PLC lighting so that it is sufficient without the middle lighting. Will show you some picture later to explain better.

We are really happy with the decision to hack away the portions~ so much more space now... hehe. :D

Oh u stay near to the sports hub? I always go there to swim during wkday in the afternoon... always see alot of pple flying kite.. the view is **** cool even on a wkday with so many kites in the blue blue sky..

Oh i stay in Sengkang too..near to compass point.. but moving house next yr liao..

Yea... within walking distance :D I heard there are plans to build a primary school on one portion of the open space. :S

Hi tower, thank you for the congratulations!

We bought our place at valuation, $410k and we're at level 12. :)

Recently there is a new fanatic going on at the empty plot of land in front of 318B.... Kite flying!! So many kites especially during the weekend. Very pleasing to the eyes. Somehow it's relaxing seeing all those kites in flight. :D

Where are you at now? ;) (Edit: I just saw that you shifted to hougang! :))

I sold my flat #15 in Aug 08 at $428K, valued at $408K. It was the highest transacted price for the Anchorvale area in Oct/Nov period on the HDB resale website. Some pics of my ex flat. My wife still misses the flat very much.

LivingRoom.jpg

Kitchen.jpg

I sold my flat #15 in Aug 08 at $428K, valued at $408K. It was the highest transacted price for the Anchorvale area in Oct/Nov period on the HDB resale website. Some pics of my ex flat. My wife still misses the flat very much.

wooo~ it's no wonder your wife missed the place, it's nice! Looking at the prices for the area now, I was lucky to get my flat before the price went north~ :)

After MIA-ing for awhile, it's time to upload more photos and progress! Will give a mini showcase of items that we have bought over the period of renovation! Here goes...

L-Shape Sofa from Furniture Club @ IMM

lshapesofa.jpg

Both of us like fabric material but was worried about spills and stains on the sofa. We decided to get this sofa set after the sales lady demo-ed the water-resistance capability of the sofa! It uses a combi of teflon and fabric material, thus it's water resistance capability. We choose bright red for the sofa! :D

- Americana Dining Table and Bench from Picket and Rail @ IFC

americanadiningset.jpg

The picture doesnt include the benches we bought. :D

- 2x squarish coffee table from Castilla @ Sungei Kadut

coffeetablefromcastilla.jpg

- From Ikea: Klippan 2-seater sofa and Besta Bur Study table.

ikeaklippanlimitedediti.jpgbestabursstudytable539.jpg