Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
butterfingerzz

Building A Home Together

nahhh~~~not that portion of ur dinning area......the area with the mirror lol....

mi ahhh....i oso deco my dinning area and living area walls....i bot the hourstyle paintings....will take fotos soon.... :rolleyes:

ok ok... gimme a little more time to take pics.. gonna be away this whole week..

actually i need to buy some paintings or something to put next to the mirror cos there's a blank wall there.. :P

Hi,

may i know where you made the glass top? Is it tempered?

hi i got the glass contact from zerochristy. cant remember the company name at the moment.. gimme a little time to find k.. or if christy can help...:P

yes its tempered, 8mm thick i think but apparently 6mm is good enuff wor.. :P

its $70 for the glass n $60 for delivery (no choice but to opt for delivery cos no other way of transporting the glass home).. the glass measurements are 90cm x 179cm btw..

Is the ventilation fan noisy? How much did you get it for?

Thanks.

nope, no noise at all from the fan. i got it from my ID so price slightly inflated i think. its $280 for the fan plus the window changing..

a lot of the RT forummers get from jasmine, central aluminium, i think.. can google their number.. :D

hope tt helps...

Edited by butterfingerzz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi i got the glass contact from zerochristy. cant remember the company name at the moment.. gimme a little time to find k.. or if christy can help...:P

yes its tempered, 8mm thick i think but apparently 6mm is good enuff wor.. :P

its $70 for the glass n $60 for delivery (no choice but to opt for delivery cos no other way of transporting the glass home).. the glass measurements are 90cm x 179cm btw..

thanks!!! i need one that is 15 mm coz it's my dining table glass top, bit thicker safer :) looking forward to the details!! The size will be close to yours, 190 X 90 cm... Maybe will extend to 200 cm.....

thanks christy.. havent seen u for awhile too.. hows everything wif u?

the rest of the house still very messy. waiting for the display cabinet to be set up (in abt a month) then can take more pics.. :D

Me ah??? :D Okie going to honeymoon next mth :P looking forward to it Hehehehe

thanks!!! i need one that is 15 mm coz it's my dining table glass top, bit thicker safer :) looking forward to the details!! The size will be close to yours, 190 X 90 cm... Maybe will extend to 200 cm.....

Patsy> I PM you the contact of the glass maker.

Hello,

Thanks for advising me on the plants. Really appreciate it! I don't know what's the name of the 3rd plant as well... hah, looks like some fern of sorts but I'm not sure myself. Just thought it looked nice and it had to be carried home hahaha.

Oh yes, the pots are from Ikea too. Nice hor? I love how it is white and it has prints on it :) *totally girly moment*

Look forward to seeing the rest of your house pics when everything is in! :P

Edited by flyingballoons

did some cabling for opennet today..

actually arranged for opennet contractors n my ID's sub-con to be here today at 4pm but none of them can keep time..(opennet contractors were late but my ID's sub-con was even later... :bangwall: )

so the opennet contractors came, left the cables n asked us to make another appointment bcos they do not install thru false ceilings (will only do just trunking)... and when he finally got to my place, my ID's sub-con put in the cables thru the false ceilings..

(pics from right to left) the contractor punched a few holes in the false ceiling from the entrance, along the balcony, left cables dangling beneath the beam, then thru the false ceiling in my living room to the other end where my tv is.. so at least whatever exposed trunking is minimized n not so ugly..

th_IMG_2284.jpg th_IMG_2280.jpg th_IMG_2278.jpgth_IMG_2277.jpg th_IMG_2279.jpg

so now all is left is for the opennet guys to put the trunking where the cables are exposed still n do some testing... hopefully can get it done on sat...

n tomorrow, hubby's display cabinet will finally be installed... :D

yah.... talking about non green fingers, can you believe that bougainvilleas can die under my care? :(

i don't know if i watered too much or too little, or whether my corridor has too little light and my planter has too harsh sunlight...

seems like the only things i can grow are fake plants! (=_=") So i'm really hoping these 3 pots will be ok...

I went to the Ikea @ Alexandra and they didn't have a wide range of plants to choose from... Alas Tampines is too far for me... Maybe you can try Tampines... they might have more and nicer plants :) Take photos if you buy anything ok! :D

yah.... talking about non green fingers, can you believe that bougainvilleas can die under my care? :(

i don't know if i watered too much or too little, or whether my corridor has too little light and my planter has too harsh sunlight...

seems like the only things i can grow are fake plants! (=_=") So i'm really hoping these 3 pots will be ok...

I went to the Ikea @ Alexandra and they didn't have a wide range of plants to choose from... Alas Tampines is too far for me... Maybe you can try Tampines... they might have more and nicer plants :) Take photos if you buy anything ok! :D

haha.. one of those succulents (related to some cactus family i tink) died in my care... n cacti are supposed to be like the hardiest plant lor... *faintz* tink i over watered it.. but so far the money plant is still good, and is actually growing so, fingers crossed.. :rolleyes:

ok will take pics for u to see.. if n when i find the time to get there... :P

Edited by butterfingerzz

haha.. one of those succulents (related to some cactus family i tink) died in my care... n cacti are supposed to be like the hardiest plant lor... *faintz* tink i over watered it.. but so far the money plant is still good, and is actually growing so, fingers crossed.. :rolleyes:

ok will take pics for u to see.. if n when i find the time to get there... :P

I think money plant is definitely easier to grow. Just need to soak the plant in water and it will grow and grow. Hee.

Cactus wise, u need to know the species. Tropical cactus need to water more. Desert or arid land cactus cannot water too much. :)

I think money plant is definitely easier to grow. Just need to soak the plant in water and it will grow and grow. Hee.

Cactus wise, u need to know the species. Tropical cactus need to water more. Desert or arid land cactus cannot water too much. :)

ya man... i dunno which species it was cos i tried looking it up, a lot of the photos of diff species look very similar. i gave up. think will jz get money plant from now.

wanna get this one called Areca Palm as well cos its supposed to be very good at clearing toxic chemicals in the air (NASA did some research apparently).. went to far east flora but they didnt hv it at tt time.. :rolleyes:

first day of display cabinet installation (shud be finished on 3rd day)

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

external in white laminates, internal is light grey laminates... top part for storage so its pvc...

IMG_2288.jpg

hellooo butter sis...!

I am back after missing for long long time......how are you going and howz reno going on.. :good: ..good huh !!!!!

wahaaa.. :dribble: ...you really hv got lots n lots of wardrobe space huh.....storage for yr hubby's toys???........hahahahhahahaa

Cheers!

:yamseng:

hellooo butter sis...!

I am back after missing for long long time......how are you going and howz reno going on.. :good: ..good huh !!!!!

wahaaa.. :dribble: ...you really hv got lots n lots of wardrobe space huh.....storage for yr hubby's toys???........hahahahhahahaa

Cheers!

:yamseng:

devil bro !!

where hv u been? m fine.. installing the display cabinet now, shud be finished by tmr..

and yes, its all for hubby's toys, except he calls them action figures, not toys wor... :rolleyes:

wat hv u been up to?

2nd day of cabinet installation..

overview

IMG_2290.jpg

sideview

IMG_2292.jpg

closer view of door

IMG_2291.jpg

close ups on glass shelves and furry edge supposedly to minimize dust, hopefully tt works..

IMG_2293.jpg

Edited by butterfingerzz

3rd day of installation - done !!

overview - just imagine hundreds of clone troopers in there plus whatever their ships are called... :rolleyes:

IMG_2296.jpg

up close

IMG_2297.jpg

from the side

IMG_2300-1.jpgIMG_2301.jpg