Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Poll For Cov Paid (2009)

I paid 55K for EM 3 months ago...

Felt that it was alot, but dont think I'll ever find another such unique house.

So impt thing is you must see value and feels comfortable in the house. =)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sold: 3 std 59sqm COV $38k at Jln Klinik (Bt Ho Swee)

I was 3rd owner of this >40 yrs flat, read about history of Bt Ho Swee after the fire and my blk was built in 1963. Previous owner renovated quite nice when we bought it in 2005, paying COV $23k then.

Buying: 3 std corner 73sqm COV $23k at Havelock Rd #12 unblocked views of Orchard from front and RWS from back

It's a flat in its original condition since built in 1964 with 1st owners in their 70s.

Both flats are within 5 min walk radius of Tiong Bahru MRT/Tiong Bahru Plaza, Beo Cres wet market, 2 food centres, Havelock NTUC Fairprice; 8 min walk to Tiong Bahru Market, 10 min walk to Great World City/River Valley eateries; 5 min by bus to Chinatown, 10 min by bus to Orchard Rd/Bugis. Not to mention free shuttle buses to Plaza Singapura, Orchard, Chinatown, City Hall, Liang Court

It's a very convenient location that we like so much so we are moving just a blk away to a bigger place yet paying almost if not lesser mortage loan after deducting all grants + sale proceeds + returned CPF :) Also my MIL and wife run a food stall at Havelock Rd Food Centre just behind the new resale flat :)

Sold: 3 std 59sqm COV $38k at Jln Klinik (Bt Ho Swee)

I was 3rd owner of this >40 yrs flat, read about history of Bt Ho Swee after the fire and my blk was built in 1963. Previous owner renovated quite nice when we bought it in 2005, paying COV $23k then.

Buying: 3 std corner 73sqm COV $23k at Havelock Rd #12 unblocked views of Orchard from front and RWS from back

It's a flat in its original condition since built in 1964 with 1st owners in their 70s.

Both flats are within 5 min walk radius of Tiong Bahru MRT/Tiong Bahru Plaza, Beo Cres wet market, 2 food centres, Havelock NTUC Fairprice; 8 min walk to Tiong Bahru Market, 10 min walk to Great World City/River Valley eateries; 5 min by bus to Chinatown, 10 min by bus to Orchard Rd/Bugis. Not to mention free shuttle buses to Plaza Singapura, Orchard, Chinatown, City Hall, Liang Court

It's a very convenient location that we like so much so we are moving just a blk away to a bigger place yet paying almost if not lesser mortage loan after deducting all grants + sale proceeds + returned CPF :) Also my MIL and wife run a food stall at Havelock Rd Food Centre just behind the new resale flat :)

I paid 26K cov for my bishan 4 rm flat 3 months ago. 5 min walk to MRT/junction/schools etc. But it is in original condition. Need to overhaul the whole place :P

Going to exercise option for an EA at Pasir Ris next week.

Valuation 450k. COV 20k. Hunted for almost 5 months, viewed >30 units. Glad that we finally found a place!

I paid 55K COV for my flat which was approved in May and thought that i overpaid.

Recently checked HDB website and found out that someone else bought another unit in the same block at 100K more!!!

Madness!!!!

From HDB Resale prices website:

111 Hougang Ave 1 01 to 05 133.00 Improved-Maisonette 1983 $480,000.00 May 2010

111 Hougang Ave 1 01 to 05 137.00 Improved-Maisonette 1983 $580,000.00 May 2010

Or perhaps I've got it at a good price? =)

A 5I unit at West is asking for $70K cov. 1st open hse was on 16 May.

I've offered $50K but till now still no news from their agent (unit still not sold).

Agent said owner die die also must have $60K -.-"

More info of this unit. A reno is needed as the 2nd owner already occupied for 10 yrs. Est. reno will cost $35K. It's at 9th flr.

I'm willing to pay high cov is becos' it's near to my in-law hse, my son's school and my nanny's hse - all within 5 mins walk.

Otherswise, I think I will not pay more than $30K for cov.

A 5I unit at West is asking for $70K cov. 1st open hse was on 16 May.

I've offered $50K but till now still no news from their agent (unit still not sold).

Agent said owner die die also must have $60K -.-"

More info of this unit. A reno is needed as the 2nd owner already occupied for 10 yrs. Est. reno will cost $35K. It's at 9th flr.

I'm willing to pay high cov is becos' it's near to my in-law hse, my son's school and my nanny's hse - all within 5 mins walk.

Otherswise, I think I will not pay more than $30K for cov.

Maybe is the agent that die die want 60k and maybe the agent dun even inform the seller that you have offer 50k. Some agent will keep the counter offer from seller and use this so call last offer 50k to gain more COV from other buyer that interested in the flat.

Maybe is the agent that die die want 60k and maybe the agent dun even inform the seller that you have offer 50k. Some agent will keep the counter offer from seller and use this so call last offer 50k to gain more COV from other buyer that interested in the flat.

Maybe you're right. But what can i do beside waiting for agent's answer. I wish I can knock on the seller's door and ask "Hey! Why u still not accepting my $50K???? You think your house really worth $70K????"

Edited by jojodeceline

i guess u need patience now. 50k for a unit in west is a very good offer. i really guess the agents is playing hard to get now. recently i saw ads cov seems to be in the lower range coz of recent measures of MOP and PR quota by HDB. I am sure there will be other units in the area opening up. is a matter of time.

cheers :)

Maybe you're right. But what can i do beside waiting for agent's answer. I wish I can knock on the seller's door and ask "Hey! Why u still not accepting my $50K???? You think your house really worth $70K????"

Hi,

You can actually contact the seller yourself if u think that the agent is not being fair to u.

Unless the seller sign the agent as the sole exclusive agent, he can seal the deal with any other agents.

Or you can even do it yourself if you do enough homework? HDB websites have all the regulations and procedures.

Just need to find time to read them carefully. And can always call HDB or email them if you have any enquiries.

Can save ur 1% sales commission.

Hi,

You can actually contact the seller yourself if u think that the agent is not being fair to u.

Unless the seller sign the agent as the sole exclusive agent, he can seal the deal with any other agents.

Or you can even do it yourself if you do enough homework? HDB websites have all the regulations and procedures.

Just need to find time to read them carefully. And can always call HDB or email them if you have any enquiries.

Can save ur 1% sales commission.

hi, thanks for your advise.

I paid 55K COV for my flat which was approved in May and thought that i overpaid.

Recently checked HDB website and found out that someone else bought another unit in the same block at 100K more!!!

Madness!!!!

From HDB Resale prices website:

111 Hougang Ave 1 01 to 05 133.00 Improved-Maisonette 1983 $480,000.00 May 2010

111 Hougang Ave 1 01 to 05 137.00 Improved-Maisonette 1983 $580,000.00 May 2010

Or perhaps I've got it at a good price? =)

Guess u got the 3rd floor unit. This few block is very unique, the ground floor unit comes with a planting plot, thus the high price. I am eyeing at this area for a unit, but prices have gone up too much.

Guess u got the 3rd floor unit. This few block is very unique, the ground floor unit comes with a planting plot, thus the high price. I am eyeing at this area for a unit, but prices have gone up too much.

4 extra sqm of planting plot is worth 100K. :jawdrop:

4 extra sqm of planting plot is worth 100K. :jawdrop:

the planting plot is not included in the "size" of the unit. It was only added a few years ago, as part of the lift upgrading programme. thus everyone gets a lift, but the gorund floor units gets a "plot". It is bigger then 4 sqm definitely. The price have since shot up from 350k in 2004 to the now 500k bracket.