Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Poll For Cov Paid (2009)

ooo...this is new to me.

:)

thanks for the note.

My buddy bought a Redhill unit in 2007 for 175K + 45K. I laughed at him at told him that he will regret it. Today a lower flr unit was valued at $275K and last offer was 305K.

Who is having the last laugh? COV will go up every quarter as mkt expected to be strong. Now 7th month coming and ppl think not gd time to buy. 3Q has been proven to deliver strong figures in the past. Wait at yr own risk.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I pay 88k COV for CCK EA 143sqm. The top floor corner unit. it is within the 3 min walk to mrt but not directly facing MRT so no noise. i agree that you have to see the unit in order to judge whether it is worth the COV.

wah 88k for cov? renovated? move in condition? may i know the val?

move in condition is good. I may just do simple renovation for toilet and kitchen only. Yeah, it is very expensive COV, but I have tried for the last 6 months away from MRT area 15 min walk, those flat also asking for crazy COV 80K 60K 55K.

Even a lower floor unit or mid floor floor with blocked view also asking for this kind of crazy COV. I have even went to one unit that condition is very bad that must total redo everything also asking for 35k, before I negotiate further it was sold. One unit facing north west, hot and facing highway and just 13 floor and not even corner unit also sold for 55k before I can even negotiate.

The unit that i purchase same block 1 floor below actually there is one unit available to sell and they are asking 120K COV, I negotiate for 2 weeks and finally give up. So if you look at the current crazy market, away from MRT you also pay so much COV might as well top up a little bit and just 3 min MRT

We bought :

5I JW, 122 sqm, 2nd floor

Val 385K, COV 23K (as at OTP)

Val 390K, COV 18K (did a re-valuation b4 1st appointment)

Renovation cost : 24K

Why we bought it :

a) the flat is between JW sports complex and Pioneer Mall.

b) 5 mins walk to my Mum's house.

c) 3 mins walk to our daughter's kindergarten.

d) 2 primary schools at walking distance.

e) 5 mins walk to Pioneer MRT station.

move in condition is good. I may just do simple renovation for toilet and kitchen only. Yeah, it is very expensive COV, but I have tried for the last 6 months away from MRT area 15 min walk, those flat also asking for crazy COV 80K 60K 55K.

Even a lower floor unit or mid floor floor with blocked view also asking for this kind of crazy COV. I have even went to one unit that condition is very bad that must total redo everything also asking for 35k, before I negotiate further it was sold. One unit facing north west, hot and facing highway and just 13 floor and not even corner unit also sold for 55k before I can even negotiate.

The unit that i purchase same block 1 floor below actually there is one unit available to sell and they are asking 120K COV, I negotiate for 2 weeks and finally give up. So if you look at the current crazy market, away from MRT you also pay so much COV might as well top up a little bit and just 3 min MRT

Over 100K COV must be a really good unit. What block is that??

block 342 I think the seller keep pressure the agent must get 650K but the valuation is only 515K. Anyway I was told someone offer 610K before but I don't believe that. This unit all four rooms are facing the green field which is the army camp facing. I don't think worth it as no balcony and kitchen is **** small.

block 342 I think the seller keep pressure the agent must get 650K but the valuation is only 515K. Anyway I was told someone offer 610K before but I don't believe that. This unit all four rooms are facing the green field which is the army camp facing. I don't think worth it as no balcony and kitchen is **** small.

When I was in army, i was told that fengshui near army camp nt so good. It all individual though. Get a 2nd opinion, it wont hurt.

Wow didn't know that there is a thread where people share their COV. After reading this thread, I feel so much more confortable. Haha cos can come to know other people who throw their hard earn money down the drain.

I bought 5 room improved resale in Jurong East. Point block 17th floor. House built in 1982. Stone's throw from Chinese Garden MRT. Throw another stone and can reach my mother's. So like what everybody says, if you gian the location, guess there's not much left to do but top throw your hard earn money down the drain. Lol.

Valuation: 478k

COV: 47k

2nd appt in one week's time!

Jurong's 5rm is 478K + 47K!!?!?!

WOW, prices are so scary now!

Just collected keys for my Simei 5I

Valuation $440k

COV $48K

Edited by booksntoys

Jurong's 5rm is 478K + 47K!!?!?!

WOW, prices are so scary now!

My Simei 5I bought in March 2010

Valuation $440k

COV $48K

2 blocks from MRT, needs renovation.

you have to visit jurong URA masterplan to realise why is so costly.

When I was in army, i was told that fengshui near army camp nt so good. It all individual though. Get a 2nd opinion, it wont hurt.

i guess when it comes to location. location outweighs everything. i sold my holland 3room original 70s renovation within 1 day after my own ad. It was directly facing cemetery. 88k for EA which is rare as govt not building such big flats anymore is reasonable.

i guess when it comes to location. location outweighs everything. i sold my holland 3room original 70s renovation within 1 day after my own ad. It was directly facing cemetery. 88k for EA which is rare as govt not building such big flats anymore is reasonable.

I viewed sme units with my Thai fren who was looking for a rental unit there. i suppose yrs is Blk 6 or 32. But tat cemetry look very neat. Many ppl not even aware there is cemetry in Holland V. Paying for location is the key to gd resalue value. holland V, Tg pagar, Tiong Bahru , m parade area will always fetch gd px. But you look ard now, even potong pasir low flr who score low in recent twn council ratings also close at 345K for 3 rm flat. Agents told me recent close even in Circuit rd (1967 to 1971 flats) close over 30K cov. I ask them who will pay and they say PRC national cme in hard cash!!

wondering did any one get a resale flat with less den 10k cov lately?

The ice kacang lady near my office hawker centre told me his agent son (snr director or smething) say that the cheapest 3 room in spore sold in june 2010 in changi V also sold at 18K cov. She staying in Jalan Membina & say that $1M spore flat not far away.

Just to highlite one reason why some flats are sold so very very high..

i was told that the rental for a 4-rm flat at a good location such as kim tian , redhill can fetch as much as 4k a mth if rent out totally..This rental yield is even better than any 1 mil condo. With such high returns, I dun mind buying and leave it empty for 3 yrs.