Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Poll For Cov Paid (2009)

Hi

Bought an EA at woodlands Ave 5 on Dec 09. Got my keys on mid march.

Val - 452k

Cov - 23k

Highest floor

Original condition

Need to reno whole house.

Regards

A.M.E

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

All flats viewed in JE during Oct-Nov are asking for $40k to $50k COV.

Sold our current 4 room COV$37k in Nov09 Jurong East.

Bought our upcoming 5room COV $15k in Nov09 Jurong East.

All flats viewed in JE during Oct-Nov are asking for $40k to $50k COV.

Sold our current 4 room COV$37k in Nov09 Jurong East.

Bought our upcoming 5room COV $15k in Nov09 Jurong East.

15k sounds good deal..mine 33k j east too..anyway whats yr value like

Hi

Bought an 4room at woodlands dr 50 on march 10. first appintment may.

Val - 325k

Cov - 50k

Original condition

guess i overpiad. but i bought for location as its just opp mrt.

Hi All, Im new to this forum. I recently saw a 4 room flat at bedok north (5 yrs old) 5 mins walk to MRT, simple reno asking for $26K COV #03 corner. The valuation is $ 420k. Do you guys think the cov is reasonable?

Hi All, Im new to this forum. I recently saw a 4 room flat at bedok north (5 yrs old) 5 mins walk to MRT, simple reno asking for $26K COV #03 corner. The valuation is $ 420k. Do you guys think the cov is reasonable?

GRABBB!!!! or REGRETT

i'm quite amazed when pple say 'its ok to pay high cov since its near mrt, high flr etc etc'

shldnt all these be already accounted for in the valuation? no doubt sellers would want to get as high a price as possible and would use all these as reasons to jack up the prices

but to each his own i guess, if its not a problem to fork out the cov and if one feels its worth it, by all means :paint:

Have u double checked through street directory or viewing that the bedok unit is indeed 5 mins walk to MRT?

Many agents put their units as "5 mins walk to MRT" although they are actually at least 30min walk to MRT lor :P

If it's indeed 5 mins walk to MRT, I would say GRAB it too haha!

Edited by forgotten

Have u double checked through street directory or viewing that the bedok unit is indeed 5 mins walk to MRT?

Many agents put their units as "5 mins walk to MRT" although they are actually at least 30min walk to MRT lor :P

If it's indeed 5 mins walk to MRT, I would say GRAB it too haha!

Yes we went there 3 times, one in the afternoon, evening and night time..... I walked from the MRT and it is indeed 5 mins walk. We balloted for the HDB new and balance flats for the past 2 years..... no luck at all!!!!!... so we got no choice but to go for resale..... kind of heart pain to pay for the cov...... however we cant wait anymore as we foreseen that our combine income will soon hit the limit. Once we hit the income celling, we no longer eligible for the housing grant and the concessionary hdb loan anymore..... :(

Edited by avatarsun

Yes I went there 3 times, one in the afternoon, evening and night time..... I also walk from the MRT and it is indeed 5 mins walk. We balloted for the new flats and also balance flat from HDB for the past 2 years..... no luck at all!!!!!... so we got no choice but to go for resale..... kind of heart pain to pay for the cov......

I can understand your heartpain. Me and hubby also balloted for 2.5 years for the balance flats, and couldn't get any. So we rented a room and recently bought a resale house. My colleague replied "New house from HDB also needs you to fork out 40K cash for the renovation" after I grumbled about my heartpain of 40K cash for my resale house. I thought his replies made sense. Resale house comes with things done up, so we can choose not to renovate so much.

IMHO, you should grab a BTO unit or resale house before your combined income exceeds the 8K ceiling. Once exceeds 8K, you are not eligible for grant and BTO, and die die have to take bank loan which means forking out extra cash for the 5%.

Valuations of resale house are still rising. Better not delay your purchase further unless you can afford to wait for the next global recession.

Edited by forgotten

I can understand your heartpain. Me and hubby also balloted for 2.5 years for the balance flats, and couldn't get any. So we rented a room and recently bought a resale house. My colleague replied "New house from HDB also needs you to fork out 40K cash for the renovation" after I grumbled about my heartpain of 40K cash for my resale house. I thought his replies made sense. Resale house comes with things done up, so we can choose not to renovate so much.

IMHO, you should grab a BTO unit or resale house before your combined income exceeds the 8K ceiling. Once exceeds 8K, you are not eligible for grant and BTO, and die die have to take bank loan which means forking out extra cash for the 5%.

Valuations of resale house are still rising. Better not delay your purchase further unless you can afford to wait for the next global recession.

Thanks Forgotten, nowdays it is SO difficult to get a flat in Singapore be it new or resale.... this flat fulfill most of our requirements.... just that it is low floor but with tight budget I guess we really cant ask for more.....

Thanks Forgotten, nowdays it is SO difficult to get a flat in Singapore be it new or resale.... this flat fulfill most of our requirements.... just that it is low floor but with tight budget I guess we really cant ask for more.....

the strongest point of yr flat is not the cov or floor..is BEDOK and matures estate and 5 years flat. near mrt sumore..even for 3rd floor is a steal. if it higher floor easily 40kup. i paid 33k for 27yrs flat 10 minuts mrt..coz except for low floor it matched all other requirments. ..cheers

I actually bought a low floor resale unit cos I realise the higher it goes, the higher the COV!

the strongest point of yr flat is not the cov or floor..is BEDOK and matures estate and 5 years flat. near mrt sumore..even for 3rd floor is a steal. if it higher floor easily 40kup. i paid 33k for 27yrs flat 10 minuts mrt..coz except for low floor it matched all other requirments. ..cheers

Yes salavanun you are right....for those at higher floor they are asking min cov $40k and above (some even asked for $65k with better reno). To me, low floor is fine as long as there is no coffeeshop below...

So far have you guys encounter any bad experience for staying at low floor?