Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Poll For Cov Paid (2009)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Tiong Bahru, 4-rm point block, 100sq.m., NS facing, mid-floor. 32k below COV. OTP July 2009.

Granite/parquet flooring, lots of built-ins which we tore down, but otherwise very livable.

5A 135sqm Tampines 10th floor 2nd appt in Oct

Val: 400k, COV:10k

Havent done reno yet. Any recommendations for good value reno? :rolleyes:

wow. from the looks of it.. my COV seems highest... :(

It's hard to compare only by the figures. We have to look at the exact location (eg. near mrt, famous school), state of condition (eg. well-renovated), facing (eg. any killing west sun?) etc. of the houses.

There are people who're willing to pay high COV for a well-renovated house becos they get to save on their renovations.

Don't be sad. You are not alone.

My 2nd floor unit's valuation price is ridiculously higher (20K & 30K higher) than recent neighbour units of 2nd floor and 1st floor, & my unit's condition looks worse than the first floor one LOL. My unit's valuation price is actually similar to recent neighbour units of 9th and 14th floor's valuation prices lor. :unsure: You can say that I paid extra 20K for our unit. I think my seller was lucky to get a happy-mood valuator haha!

Let's try to be happy with our purchases. At least we have a home. The number of homeless is increasing in spore due to the lack of rental flats. There was a news about a homeless pregnant lady sleeping at Sembawang Park every night with her 2 small children. It's so sad ...

Edited by forgotten

It's hard to compare only by the figures. We have to look at the exact location (eg. near mrt, famous school), state of condition (eg. well-renovated), facing (eg. any killing west sun?) etc. of the houses.

agree with forgotten.

BTW, wolflet you not the highest.

Mine COV 44K for a 4 rm bedok HDB

Bought mine late Nov at Sengkang, 10k COV for 5 room high floor. Felt lucky to get this house since it was "love at first sight" after many viewings. Both my wife and me were grateful to the seller for not making things difficult.

I think those who paid below valuation or no COV are usually eligible for sale to malay, indian and others only.

Usually if flats are available for sale to all races, chinese can fetch higher COV because the market catchment is bigger.

But the COV and cash portion of all flats are going crazy...but still people are willing to buy it. The market is just crazy.

COV=10K, valuation=518K, 119sqm, 23rdd fl, pt block, 31 year old. Bedok North Ave 2. Deposit, otp paid on same day- 30Aug09. Transaction price reflected after 1st appointment. 5min walk to mrt. Meet criterias -right location, right view, right fl area, right sun direction(morning, right major reno required, nice seller, neighbour seem ok, 2nd owner. Reno in progress, planned move in on 28 Jan 2010.

Wow bepgof, your valuation is really high for a 5 rm!

I actually want to get an EA unit at bdk north ave 4 too...but the price there abit high.....

At last I settle for an EA at bedok reservoir (17yrs estate) for $500 + COV 18k = $518.

I paid $10k COV, valuation was $380 for 5 room Punggol 3rd floor in May 2009

That time I'm willing to pay $10k COV cos the house was renovated and the owner willing to leave all his furniture and appliances to us

Hello all.. this is my VIRGIN post! :P Just know of this forum yesterday... and have been reading all the posts here with great interests.

I got myself a 3 room resale in Marine Parade, high floor, sea view, corridor but last unit before corner, 'original' condition but ok kept.. would need lots of reno unfortunately.... :( and very broke now with all the cash upfront.

OTP in Nov '09. First appt in Jan 2010, 2nd appt in end March 2010.

Paid 35k COV... i guess i kenna chop carrot head.... but well i love the east coast.....