Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cacabi111

Poll For Cov Paid (2009)

COV: 10K

Valuation Date Report: 20 May 09

Venue: Pasir Ris, mid floor

Area size: 113sqm

Condition: Pleasant but not well maintained. Very 90s, Rockstone with ceramic tile. A/C in 3 bedrooms.

When we viewed the place, the agent wasn't around in the house to show us the place and our agent only had the chance to speak to seller's agent on the phone. Was initially quoted 25K, and was quite turned off because we were looking at most 5K. So we looked around at 20+ more houses and still prefer the place, because of the space. In the whole block, only 8 units bear this size, the rest of the 4 rooms in the block measure up to 104sqm. Eventually, the seller changed his koo-koo agent. Through my agent's network, they worked hand-in-hand and finally got the place for 10K!

113sqm is considered very big for a 4room unit! :good: Even 5 room units are only 110sqm nowadays.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
113sqm is considered very big for a 4room unit! :good: Even 5 room units are only 110sqm nowadays.

Yupedidoo!! Now have to wait and recce for contractors/IDs because the COV beyond our budget. The hoosband is not the sort who likes to take up loans because he got a lot thing to say la. List oso neverending. So we slowly, slowly... :(

Yupedidoo!! Now have to wait and recce for contractors/IDs because the COV beyond our budget. The hoosband is not the sort who likes to take up loans because he got a lot thing to say la. List oso neverending. So we slowly, slowly... :(

Cheer up. We are still more fortunate than the homeless people sleeping on the streets. :)

This is your first house? How old is the flat? To save money, can just do painting, order the necessary furnitures and applicances first, then move in. I intend to do only painting and move in. My MIL offers to loan us some money for our renovation but I die die don't want to take it.

Edited by forgotten

Cheer up. We are still more fortunate than the homeless people sleeping on the streets. :)

This is your first house? How old is the flat? To save money, can just do painting, order the necessary furnitures and applicances first, then move in. I intend to do only painting and move in. My MIL offers to loan us some money for our renovation but I die die don't want to take it.

Yupe first flat but we didn't take the near family grant because like not much difference. Yeah we painted the house, bought the most vital necessities. My aunt always say that, no newly weds begin marriage without problem. Just gritting through, so far so good. :)

Yupe first flat but we didn't take the near family grant because like not much difference. Yeah we painted the house, bought the most vital necessities. My aunt always say that, no newly weds begin marriage without problem. Just gritting through, so far so good. :)

Same. It will be my first house for me too. I didn't take up the first-timer grant and hdb loan.

What your aunt said makes sense. Moreover, you bought your house before the COV goes crazy in July, get to save 10K COV hehe. :)

Edited by forgotten

Yupe first flat but we didn't take the near family grant because like not much difference.

$10k not much diff?? :o

i took the near family grant and first timer grant; if not, for the price of the unit that we select, monthly hdb loan has to fork out cash. :rolleyes:

Same. It will be my first house for me too. I didn't take up the first-timer grant and hdb loan.

you didn't take grant and loan cos you waiting for bto right? ;)

$10k not much diff?? :o

i took the near family grant and first timer grant; if not, for the price of the unit that we select, monthly hdb loan has to fork out cash. :rolleyes:

you didn't take grant and loan cos you waiting for bto right? ;)

We're not eligible for them cos exceed the incoming ceiling by a little little bit :(

Heart pain, we got to pay extra 5% downpayment in cash.

Ya of cos la the locatin is the killer man!! :P

hehe, can't beat the one that got sold at redhill close for 770k lah, that one is 139sqm if i'm not wrong. mine is 121sqm only

We're not eligible for them cos exceed the incoming ceiling by a little little bit :(

Heart pain, we got to pay extra 5% downpayment in cash.

a little little bit? wah... heart pain.

i only heard that income ceiling if exceed by $400, still can write in for exemption.

Question in my mind...

Do we issue the cheque for COV at 1st appt or 2nd appt?

I think it's 1st appt since the COV is less than 10% of the valuation price?

Edited by forgotten

Question in my mind...

Do we issue the cheque for COV at 1st appt or 2nd appt?

I think it's 1st appt since the COV is less than 10% of the valuation price?

COV is 1st appt.

Sold = 5rm D&B Sengkang (110sqm), 15th floor, OTP: Aug 08. Val $408K, COV $20K. A1 condition.

Bought = 4A Hougang (105 sqm), 7th floor, OTP: Aug 08. Val $300K, COV $45K. A1 condition.

Just for info. Now the asking prices are even crazier.

Edited by tower