Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

our designer is zann. we are very disappointed with the follow-up, because she always so busy, and the meeting is quite rushed...can't really be focused. after several discussion, we are going in circles and back and fro. perspective drawing was quite disappointing and no preparation of materials sample in advance for us also when we meetup. everything must ask, must ask....getting impatient and frustrated with the whle process...

but as 1st timer in reno, she does give us good advices and we really appreciate it.

but perhaps can improve on the follow-up, and be more pro-active, and hope she is not so busy so that more attention and efforts is put on our project.

Edited by plasterger

Hi plasterger,

Looking at all the rave reviews, I can only conclude that when an ID firm gets too popular, standard of service will drop due to complacency and inability to cope with the workload. When this happens, customers will always get the shorter end of the stick.

It is a good thing that you realise what is lacking at the very beginning stage of your reno. At least now know what to expect and can be better prepared for other 'surprises' that might come along the way.

All the best in your reno!

Currently sourcing for ID to reno my new hse, heard so many commented on benedict.

would also like to have benedict contact, and ask for a quot

Thanks

Hi all, I'm also engaging EI to renovate my new flat at Pasir Ris. My initial approach was to look for another guy (forget his name) who is very highly recommended here, but his schedule was tight then, so in the end, James attended to me. Lucky...

Hmm... I am very pleased with James' friendly service. Very happy with his professionalism, an extremely responsible ID I should say, that's why I chose him out of a few IDs I asked for quotes. His design ideas also much suits my taste.... =)

I'm a rather fickle-minded customer and I'm very appreciative for his patience over this period. He even went lightings & accessories shopping with us. It's his initiative that much touched our hearts. This resale flat of mine really need a good OVERHAUL..... and it takes slightly over a month to complete, now my house is finally ready!! Yeah..... My house pictures are not ready yet. When they're ready, gona post it here. He's worth your considerations, my all-time recommendation. Thumbs-up! :notti:

Hi plasterger,

Looking at all the rave reviews, I can only conclude that when an ID firm gets too popular, standard of service will drop due to complacency and inability to cope with the workload. When this happens, customers will always get the shorter end of the stick.

It is a good thing that you realise what is lacking at the very beginning stage of your reno. At least now know what to expect and can be better prepared for other 'surprises' that might come along the way.

All the best in your reno!

hi wishbone,

share same sentimental as you....their service drop as it goes along with popularity.

however, before we sign the contract, everything we request /ask example, if the design not satisfactory can we change and redraw , reply is can can no problem, change until customer satisfy. when you sign the contract already, now she say, sorry too busy my schedule very tight, no time to redraw, can you imagine ? hey, back in our mind we are thinking, this is what we are paying you for, otherwise we could have gone for contractor already !@! sighz...when arranging meetup, always tell us she is very busy very busy, no time etc....so?? we as clients already trying to suit her schedule, is this the kind of service we get after clinching the deal ?..just hope the situation can improve....really worried, if the popularity continues, does it mean it will shortfall on the clients' renovation schedule, and workmanship due to lack of supervisory?????

argh~` just hope there are no more 'surprises'

Hi,

If not you guys can try Ben Sng. Met up with him twice & he gave me the impression of a sincere, honest, responsible & experienced ID. So your reno shld be in gd hands!! The only thing is that he's a salesperson not a designer. But I guess he will get his in-hse designer to design it for you, so the quality shld be there! : )

hi wishbone,

share same sentimental as you....their service drop as it goes along with popularity.

however, before we sign the contract, everything we request /ask example, if the design not satisfactory can we change and redraw , reply is can can no problem, change until customer satisfy. when you sign the contract already, now she say, sorry too busy my schedule very tight, no time to redraw, can you imagine ? hey, back in our mind we are thinking, this is what we are paying you for, otherwise we could have gone for contractor already !@! sighz...when arranging meetup, always tell us she is very busy very busy, no time etc....so?? we as clients already trying to suit her schedule, is this the kind of service we get after clinching the deal ?..just hope the situation can improve....really worried, if the popularity continues, does it mean it will shortfall on the clients' renovation schedule, and workmanship due to lack of supervisory?????

argh~` just hope there are no more 'surprises'

Hi plasterger,

Don't worry too much. Just remember to keep a closer watch on the reno works when it is in progress.

If it gets really bad, you can approach the big boss - James. I am quite sure he will do something about this since it is their reputation at stake here. :dribble:

Hi plasterger,

Don't worry too much. Just remember to keep a closer watch on the reno works when it is in progress.

If it gets really bad, you can approach the big boss - James. I am quite sure he will do something about this since it is their reputation at stake here. :yamseng:

Understand that James is one of the partner in EI and there is another few more partners in charge of showroom & factory . Now then i know that James is in charge of commercial , because our office and lab at Science Pk was done by EI and was handled by him . My boss and colleagues all have very good comments about his services and this has prompted us to engage EI as our ID for our new hse. And I hope everything will goes well.

Hi plasterger,

If it gets really bad, you can approach the big boss - James. I am quite sure he will do something about this since it is their reputation at stake here. :unsure:

Wow..... are we talking about the same James here..... James Lim??? Didn't know he's actually the big boss leh.... tat means I so "you2 yen3 bu4 zhi1 orr3 yee1 orr3"..... anyway, James is really good la.

Hi plasterger,

If it gets really bad, you can approach the big boss - James. I am quite sure he will do something about this since it is their reputation at stake here. :good:

thanks wishbone.....i din know who are their boss....thanks for sharing...hehe now i know...hehe...i hope we don't have to reach that stage when get to bring the big boss into the picture...but again, you never knows...anyway. thanks ! :yamseng:

I must say the highly raved ID here doesnt really deserved the good comments from my experience. Looks like when they are busy, they blatantly ignore u and give priority to new potential customers. They behave like a hit and run salesperson. Not much conceptualization on design. No proper follow up. Cannot take proper instructions. Totally no after sales service too. So much so that James had to come into picture and do the after sales service. It says very much of the salesperson when the boss have to step in and do damage control. I must say James is good. At least he tried to help us solve our problems and extended his help. Can see that he is at least responsible. If given a 2nd choice, I would not have engaged EI. No way. In fact, I'm planning to do some minor reno soon. Cos the current house reno is really not what I like. :( If you really wan to engage EI, I think its better to look for James. Afterall he is the partner of EI, he wouldnt smashed his own reputation.

I must say the highly raved ID here doesnt really deserved the good comments from my experience. Looks like when they are busy, they blatantly ignore u and give priority to new potential customers. They behave like a hit and run salesperson. Not much conceptualization on design. No proper follow up. Cannot take proper instructions. Totally no after sales service too. So much so that James had to come into picture and do the after sales service. It says very much of the salesperson when the boss have to step in and do damage control. I must say James is good. At least he tried to help us solve our problems and extended his help. Can see that he is at least responsible. If given a 2nd choice, I would not have engaged EI. No way. In fact, I'm planning to do some minor reno soon. Cos the current house reno is really not what I like. :( If you really wan to engage EI, I think its better to look for James. Afterall he is the partner of EI, he wouldnt smashed his own reputation.

Wow. I didn't know James is the boos leh. He is really good lah. Think I very fortunate to have him as my ID. No hassle and very sincere. Offers good comment and tips for cost saving too. :good:

Hi all, just like to share my experience when sourcing for quotation from the following iD firms:

- A-Win

Basically is a contractor company with not much design input. Very brief quotation and not cheap.

- U-Home

Recommended by friend. One of our 3 short-listed companies. A friendly and sincere guy with practical experience. Able to point out problems which our design might face in view of the layout. Reasonable quotation.

- Fuse Concept

Decline our request to meetup to discuss our needs. Send my floorplan and items we intended to do to him via email instead. Get back to us only after 1 month. Requested him to send the quotation to us first via email but to-date still have not received.

- IntraDesign

One of our 3 short-listed companies. Wow-ed by the design drawings which they showed us on our 2nd visit. No breakdown for quotation but all items are listed in details and overall price is reasonable (esp impressed by the quality of finishes they provide).

- Ideal House

Approached with high expectation due to positive feedback from forum. Disappointed at the ID assigned to us who is extremely young and inexperience. During our discussion, the ID did not take note of the specific things we want. The result - the quotation is a mess, grossly over-budget with things we did not ask for.

First impression quite good. However, ID went overseas during our 2nd appointment without informing us. Can't get through him on his phone the night before the appointment. Terribly late when we did meet up at our new flat to discuss. Mentioned going to the wrong address etc. Quotation on the high side.

- Unimax

ID appears very arrogant. Inflexible in adapting the design to our practical need. To date, we have not received their quotation. Guess they can't be bother about small fishes like us...

- Plush Living

So far our experience with them is good. Lots of sharing of designs and ideas during 1st and 2nd meetings. Reasonable quotation. Chosen as our ID. Seems to have a good balance between design input and practical experience.

- Earnest

Patient and friendly sales. Not pushy. Less design input. Quotation not cheap.

Sincere and efficient iD. Appear a bit pushy. Quotation does not include price of tiles. Difficult to do comparison with other iD firms.

- Inner View

After 1st meeting, to-date we have not received the quotation. Staffs appear to be quite slack in the office.

During the meeting, ID has mentioned their prices will be on the high side. To date, we have not received their quotation so I guess they are not interested.