Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tnqhome

Independent Buyer 1% Commission To Seller Agent

agent commission for buyer's agent is typically taken out of the seller's agent commission. e.g. if seller say give 1.5% for selling.. then seller agent will quote.. some agents don't want to share commission. Some agent don't mind... typically i believe they will give 0.5% to buyer's agent if com is 1.5% from seller.

that's their problem.

we already told our agent 1% commission and they willing to share the commission with the seller agent. How much? We don't know but don't think it is our concern to know.

Our signal is very simple.

This is our selling price. If ok, deal.

If come out extra condition, like want more commission to deal. Then forget it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
that's their problem.

we already told our agent 1% commission and they willing to share the commission with the seller agent. How much? We don't know but don't think it is our concern to know.

Our signal is very simple.

This is our selling price. If ok, deal.

If come out extra condition, like want more commission to deal. Then forget it.

i'm just pointing out what goes on behind the scenes.

i'm just pointing out what goes on behind the scenes.

ok.

understand.

I just pointing out what goes on infront the scenes. :D

ok.

understand.

I just pointing out what goes on infront the scenes. :D

lmao. anyway it's a crazy market now for any type of property.. old/new/hdb/condo/apartment/landed..

things like en-bloc potential lah.. even agents tell me say rental ad list already less than 10mins also got many calls... **** skeptical

I'm aware of all these agents' tactics. It is good to "open book" with agent in the beginning when selling/buying.

Last yr when selling, I immediately signed an exclusively agreement paying 2% comm. I even promised to extend the agreement for another 3 months if unit could not sell within first 3 months. But I requested them (1 young & 1 mentor) not to tell buyers any lies/empty promises/treat buyers differently, I insisted to be around during viewing and could speak to buyers when I wish, etc everything to hold as transparent as possible, I don't care how the agents co-broke.. I gave them 100% access right to operate/open this & that during viewing,

The mentor gave me a piece of advise to avoid indian agents far far away, she got vast unpleasant experience dealing with them. Anyone got experience?

Edited by bepgof

Bad agents are always out there, and they are of any race, language or religion. If the mentor gave that advise, personally and IMHO, I will not respect him too much.....:)...

I come across a buyer agent claim that the commission is too low. She want more. Ask my agent to tell us.

We refused to give.

In the end, the agent go and tell the buyer. Seller don't want to sell.

And tell our agent, she can get a better commission at other place.

The seller already issue the CHQ of 1% and we had agree on the selling price. But too bad, their agent greedy, want more commission.

But thanks to her 'action' , we had another higher offer 1 wk later.

Yes, there are Agents like that...

Good that the final outcome is to your advantage :)

I'm aware of all these agents' tactics. It is good to "open book" with agent in the beginning when selling/buying.

Last yr when selling, I immediately signed an exclusively agreement paying 2% comm. I even promised to extend the agreement for another 3 months if unit could not sell within first 3 months. But I requested them (1 young & 1 mentor) not to tell buyers any lies/empty promises/treat buyers differently, I insisted to be around during viewing and could speak to buyers when I wish, etc everything to hold as transparent as possible, I don't care how the agents co-broke.. I gave them 100% access right to operate/open this & that during viewing,

The mentor gave me a piece of advise to avoid indian agents far far away, she got vast unpleasant experience dealing with them. Anyone got experience?

I respect you for giving your Agent the exclusive, most sellers are unwillingly to give exclusive...they'll rather let many Agents sell and let them "kill each other" out there...not realizing that the Agents are unable to uphold the sellers price if so many Agents are involved all will try to close the deal quickly at a lower price...

There are Good & there are Bad Indian Agents...I don't think it has anything to do with race...probably the mentor just had unfortunate bad experiences...

Edited by Plastic3

Bad agents are always out there, and they are of any race, language or religion. If the mentor gave that advise, personally and IMHO, I will not respect him too much.....:)...

Agreed!

Edited by Plastic3

I disagree.

bad and good agent does not classify under race.

Are the mentor mean non-Indian is the best agent?

Then I will be wondering, last yr one of the non-Indian agent play us out..

hmm.... :rolleyes:

I disagree.

bad and good agent does not classify under race.

Are the mentor mean non-Indian is the best agent?

Then I will be wondering, last yr one of the non-Indian agent play us out..

hmm.... :rolleyes:

No intent to stereo-type any. There was one time viewing a house, seller's agent not attending, he phoned me to look at the valuation report. Asked owner his intended sell price, in returned he asked me to make an offer. Might as well put his house onto ebay, right?

Edited by bepgof

No intent to stereo-type any. There was one time viewing a house, seller's agent not attending, he phoned me to look at the valuation report. Asked owner his intended sell price, in returned he asked me to make an offer. Might as well put his house onto ebay, right?

ya lor. ebay better.

Try this.

Arrange an appointment.

Reach the place. Call the agent. Agent ask where are we. We told him.. at this block.

Then he say "oh.. can u go up ourselves."

Owner is the one open door, answer our question.

When call the agent asking abt the COV, agent say owner stick to her price. No neg on COV.

At least asking 25k. Then someone offer 25k. Owner turn down. Want more. Her stick keep on moving up. <agent say one. DOn't know how truth is that>

then 1 day agent call, say is a divorce case. Need court order

Then we decide to move on. NEXT

ya lor. ebay better.

Try this.

Arrange an appointment.

Reach the place. Call the agent. Agent ask where are we. We told him.. at this block.

Then he say "oh.. can u go up ourselves."

Owner is the one open door, answer our question.

When call the agent asking abt the COV, agent say owner stick to her price. No neg on COV.

At least asking 25k. Then someone offer 25k. Owner turn down. Want more. Her stick keep on moving up. <agent say one. DOn't know how truth is that>

then 1 day agent call, say is a divorce case. Need court order

Then we decide to move on. NEXT

Want so much COV still have to go through alot of problems.. not worth it..

I responded to an ad that's been around awhile.. Agent said. Last offer is 58k. Can try 65k. I'm like.. erm.. "Nope. I have no intention of trying". Bloody ****, with my 5% + commission and slight reno.. my cash outlay would be a whooping $100k.

I'm taking a break now from viewing.. maybe will start again in another month or so. LOL. Rent a small place for the time being.

Hi Tnghome,

My situation is just like u. I posted my post at another topic, "To avoid conflict of interest"at the housing procedures...

So how any outcome on the above?

Hi Tnghome,

My situation is just like u. I posted my post at another topic, "To avoid conflict of interest"at the housing procedures...

So how any outcome on the above?

Yes. I manage to get official reply from propnex... They have lower the agent fees to 1.5k instead of 4k... still in negotiation stage for the amount...

I receive calls from seller saying that agent said we complain about seller sold @ high COV and now we dun wan to pay her agent fees... lolz.. what a lie from her... Lucky, seller have my number to clarify this....