Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tnqhome

Independent Buyer 1% Commission To Seller Agent

If they can change, then your wife also can charge.. :D

LMAO. Then again would an advert saying "NO-COMMISSION for buyers" be more eyecatching? :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Still quite alot....

this agent only help me to submit OTP and transfer the utilities account to ours....

I find the bank and lawyer myself... IN FACT, she really do nothing than paper work...

I don't feel comfortable to pay so much....

That means she has provided some form of service to you. Then u should pay her commission but of course negotiable.

The answer is YES, she can sue u if u don;t pay and provided she can provide evidence the services she has rendered. Usually, it is the company she represented that will issue you invoice and if not pay up, u will be taken to court.

That means she has provided some form of service to you. Then u should pay her commission but of course negotiable.

The answer is YES, she can sue u if u don;t pay and provided she can provide evidence the services she has rendered. Usually, it is the company she represented that will issue you invoice and if not pay up, u will be taken to court.

I will pay her... But not that much...

within 1k, i am fine with it....

She most likely wont sue, but there is the possibilty of hardball during the completion process.

99% of agents would make the buyer sign the commission agreement form prior or at the signing of the OTP. The fact that she has means only that she forgot or is a newbie.

Home buyers are not mandated to pay the agent of the seller as rules have changed. It has sort of become a de-facto standard of asking. comission is largely negotioable and there are people who pay 1% 0.5% no comission or just a couple of hundreds.

TS if feel bad, can just tell the agent to negotiate a settlement on the commission payable to the agent's firm.

Some people pay to agent straight a few hundred but there are risks involved when you circumvent the principal.

I will pay her... But not that much...

within 1k, i am fine with it....

Actually before buying the flat, you should have raised any objection.

I bought my pte apartment 3bed room (1195sqft for around 484psf heh during crisis period in early 09) and just took 1.5hr, after some bargaining and decided to buy (lots of people came in to view with me and that was a mistake that worked in my favour)I kept saying loan in this area v tough lar (heh i know which bank can give us 80% ), outside got lots of zharbor (i noe this is not true as my reservist was in a certain unit, etc etc, than i said i think nite time must come here take a look etc and all off a sudden i agree to the buyers lowest price! Seller agent was shocked and had no time or forgotten to ask me for comms but i said eh pte lei..buyers dont pay comm hiakz.....i think my mum who was with me was shocked with the way the trasaction was done.

Agent later said cos my unit was below 600k and i was saying cut the bullsh!t and lets move on.

i settle 500 pay them direct.

lastly at times u got to potray yourself as someone who cannot get "eaten"

any doubts must say v loudly.....words like Zhun bo ? u do ppty how many years ?

the way u sound like wanna con me lehhh, ....,and if the price is not in ur favour u said WAT, did i hear wrongly? than laugh a bit....

LAstly (i learnt this in pasar malam in bkk and even at other places) when u wanna buy a vase or anything DO not look at it...the shop man tactic is to sell u a slightly higher price as u are really keen on it hence its quite hard to get a lower price.

Property agencies earn part of the agent commissions. The property agency will probably send you a lawyer letter if you fail to settle the amount billed in their invoice. Hope your agent is willing to accept a lower commission.

Thanks for all the comments here...

Today is my completion date and hope everything goes smoothly... Then only I will nego the comm with her...

At first, she shouldn't hold my valuation report and go to my bank agent to request for the comm...

Besides, she have been bad words to the bank agent, and bank agent did call me said that the ppt agent dun want to release the report for bank loan application...

Other than submit OTP, she don't really serve me well... She only want to get more $$$ via this transaction!!!

She sms us that she will collect the keys on behalf of us.. (We never request her!!!)

We replied that lawyer will hold the keys and we will collect from lawyer DIRECTLY..

Then she didn't reply anything... NOT EVEN "OK"...

From this, what she will do by holding our keys??? Will she really hand over to us smoothly???

I will see how the things turn out today, as I haven't nego or tell her whether I will pay her 1% or lesser or non of it...

I understand I have to pay for the comm, but not 1% for the only "good job" she did to submit the paper work!!

Edited by tnqhome

Thanks for all the comments here...

Today is my completion date and hope everything goes smoothly... Then only I will nego the comm with her...

At first, she shouldn't hold my valuation report and go to my bank agent to request for the comm...

Besides, she have been bad words to the bank agent, and bank agent did call me said that the ppt agent dun want to release the report for bank loan application...

Other than submit OTP, she don't really serve me well... She only want to get more $$$ via this transaction!!!

She sms us that she will collect the keys on behalf of us.. (We never request her!!!)

We replied that lawyer will hold the keys and we will collect from lawyer DIRECTLY..

Then she didn't reply anything... NOT EVEN "OK"...

From this, what she will do by holding our keys??? Will she really hand over to us smoothly???

I will see how the things turn out today, as I haven't nego or tell her whether I will pay her 1% or lesser or non of it...

I understand I have to pay for the comm, but not 1% for the only "good job" she did to submit the paper work!!

she's trying to do more to justify that she is entitled the commission, agent's calling the bank officer to ask for commission is common.. bad taste in mouth imho.

she's trying to do more to justify that she is entitled the commission, agent's calling the bank officer to ask for commission is common.. bad taste in mouth imho.

She only mention about the commission on the 1st day.. Other than that, no more already....

I will wait n see when she request the comm from me...

She only mention about the commission on the 1st day.. Other than that, no more already....

I will wait n see when she request the comm from me...

1% is alot. I will juz give an ang bao of $50. Since u never promise her anything why bother.

The day ended... The completion is smooth, I have my keys now..

for the comm part............

I tried to nego with her for the 1%, but she don't give in... And said me accuse her for the Bank Agent issue, so regret to text this as I have no prove for that unless the bank agent with me... Sigh...

Anyway, she will hand over to her legal department for the case as she insist for the 1%...

Besides, she did mention we have signed the commission agreement, which is triplicate. (agent, company and buyer) However, we don't have any of the agreement. I do request her to send me the agreement if she have, but she just ignore that part and want it to be hand over to legal department of her company.. I'm now blur...

What should i do now? Make it to public and create the government awareness of conflict interest of agent being representative of seller as well as buyer?? Just pay her the 1% to end and shut her off???

Please HELP to advice!!!

Edited by tnqhome

Hi tng,

I too having same problem. i found unit on Property guru by myself and agent force me to pay 1% comm after signing e

OTP form after deposit given to e owner.

we spend almost 3omins arguing over e comm til 11pm. in e end, i sign e comm for but am thinking of giving up e deposit n not buy the flat.

can someone advise if we can complain to anyone about agent taking comm from both buyer n seller?

Hi tng,

I too having same problem. i found unit on Property guru by myself and agent force me to pay 1% comm after signing e

we spend almost 3omins arguing over e comm til 11pm. in e end, i sign e comm for but am thinking of giving up e deposit n not buy the flat.

can someone advise if we can complain to anyone about agent taking comm from both buyer n seller?

If u r daring just give up the deposit......

The day ended... The completion is smooth, I have my keys now..

for the comm part............

I tried to nego with her for the 1%, but she don't give in... And said me accuse her for the Bank Agent issue, so regret to text this as I have no prove for that unless the bank agent with me... Sigh...

Anyway, she will hand over to her legal department for the case as she insist for the 1%...

Besides, she did mention we have signed the commission agreement, which is triplicate. (agent, company and buyer) However, we don't have any of the agreement. I do request her to send me the agreement if she have, but she just ignore that part and want it to be hand over to legal department of her company.. I'm now blur...

What should i do now? Make it to public and create the government awareness of conflict interest of agent being representative of seller as well as buyer?? Just pay her the 1% to end and shut her off???

Please HELP to advice!!!

Hi there, pen your journey to the sale date and sent a letter to the agency, to case, to prime minister office,your mp's office etc to everyone email all and ask if this is fair..

im sure the agent will get a call from somewhere....heh

Hi tng,

YES!!! I feel really unfair for agent to get both seller n buyer Comm in same transaction..

Just like there are only one lawyer who represent the both side, one man show in a debate competition...

WHO ELSE FACING the same problem??? Can we just complain to anyone??!!!

I just pay 2k for lawyer to for all the legal documents, and need to pay 4k for the DO NOTHING AGENT...