Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tnqhome

Independent Buyer 1% Commission To Seller Agent

Hi All,

Help needed here....

I found a 5-rm unit from propertyguru.com and we have no agent represent us... I contact the seller agent and go up n view the house... then sign the OTP..

She did mention that 1% commission charge while we sign the OTP... However, there are no commission agreement signed on that day (as I remember)...

Now, we are going to get the keys tomorrow and think she will come back to us for the 1% commission, should i pay her??? or must i pay her???

PS: She trying to gain more commission by intro us to a bank agent, but then we refuse and use our own bank agent... she called our bank agent to request for the commission and told my bank agent that she will not going to fax them the valuation report... End up, i called her to request her for fax them, then only she fax......

I don't feel she serve me well too, as there are nth much after OTP...

Will i face legal sue if i dun wan to pay her the 1%??

Edited by tnqhome

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi All,

Help needed here....

I found a 5-rm unit from propertyguru.com and we have no agent represent us... I contact the seller agent and go up n view the house... then sign the OTP..

She did mention that 1% commission charge while we sign the OTP... However, there are no commission agreement signed on that day (as I remember)...

Now, we are going to get the keys tomorrow and think she will come back to us for the 1% commission, should i pay her??? or must i pay her???

PS: She trying to gain more commission by intro us to a bank agent, but then we refuse and use our own bank agent... she called our bank agent to request for the commission and told my bank agent that she will not going to fax them the valuation report... End up, i called her to request her for fax them, then only she fax......

I don't feel she serve me well too, as there are nth much after OTP...

Will i face legal sue if i dun wan to pay her the 1%??

basically you don't have to pay her. at least that's my view.

I think i will nego to offer some amount... since she help us to submit the OTP??

Will update again after nego with her...

lol.. it's her job and they submit online. how difficult can that be? lmao.. :P

1% for submitting some papers is definitely too much! Since she is collecting commission from the seller, it is her obligation to make sure the deal goes through, so i don't think it's justified to pay 1% commission.

If you can agreed verbally before, think you can negotiate to pay her an admin fee of around $300 - $500 as suggested by MND in their draft report.

Edited by coldflamez

1% for submitting some papers is definitely too much! Since she is collecting commission from the seller, it is her obligation to make sure the deal goes through, so i don't think it's justified to pay 1% commission.

If you can agreed verbally before, think you can negotiate to pay her an admin fee of around $300 - $500 as suggested by MND in their draft report.

Yea.. I think the same...

However, some say verbal agreement = contract.... I wonder how they track if never record??

I'm yet to nego with her as want to collect the keys 1st.. In case, anything happen....

Yea.. I think the same...

However, some say verbal agreement = contract.... I wonder how they track if never record??

I'm yet to nego with her as want to collect the keys 1st.. In case, anything happen....

as long as u had not sign the agreement, u can nego.

We also walk in customer. At first agent say 1% neg, then 1% (the neg word disappear), then when OTP, my spouse SMS him just to joke with him. got discount bo.

He reply no problem 10% discount.

We was surprise.

as long as u had not sign the agreement, u can nego.

We also walk in customer. At first agent say 1% neg, then 1% (the neg word disappear), then when OTP, my spouse SMS him just to joke with him. got discount bo.

He reply no problem 10% discount.

We was surprise.

at last how much you paid?? 0.9%??

0.88%

hahahahaha :P

Still quite alot....

this agent only help me to submit OTP and transfer the utilities account to ours....

I find the bank and lawyer myself... IN FACT, she really do nothing than paper work...

I don't feel comfortable to pay so much....

Edited by tnqhome

Still quite alot....

this agent only help me to submit OTP and transfer the utilities account to ours....

I find the bank and lawyer myself... IN FACT, she really do nothing than paper work...

I don't feel comfortable to pay so much....

they also need to earn mah

as long as the agent answer our question, clear our doubt.

provide a positive service, we are ok for it.

Actually we don't expected he will give discount. We was plan to give him 1%

When he reply no problem, 10% discount.

My spouse still ask me, want to SMS him back, say we joking only.

I 8| him :P

they also need to earn mah

as long as the agent answer our question, clear our doubt.

provide a positive service, we are ok for it.

Actually we don't expected he will give discount. We was plan to give him 1%

When he reply no problem, 10% discount.

My spouse still ask me, want to SMS him back, say we joking only.

I 8| him :P

Like that can I charge 1% for selling my own house if my wife got agent licence? :P