Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tnqhome

Independent Buyer 1% Commission To Seller Agent

Hi there, pen your journey to the sale date and sent a letter to the agency, to case, to prime minister office,your mp's office etc to everyone email all and ask if this is fair..

im sure the agent will get a call from somewhere....heh

I will try to get our PM lee email and pm you.....if i can find it

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi tng,

I too having same problem. i found unit on Property guru by myself and agent force me to pay 1% comm after signing e

OTP form after deposit given to e owner.

we spend almost 3omins arguing over e comm til 11pm. in e end, i sign e comm for but am thinking of giving up e deposit n not buy the flat.

can someone advise if we can complain to anyone about agent taking comm from both buyer n seller?

I find out that seller agent always target those who never bring agent along.. Meaning they want to earn 3% interest for the transaction.

They even will convince seller to sell at "reasonable" price, even someone else offer higher....

THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!!! Why the law in Singapore to go against them!!

Why government don't want to chap this!!!

I find out that seller agent always target those who never bring agent along.. Meaning they want to earn 3% interest for the transaction.

They even will convince seller to sell at "reasonable" price, even someone else offer higher....

THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL!!! Why the law in Singapore to go against them!!

Why government don't want to chap this!!!

Okay i have pm you most of the govt email for you to help.....go c...use wisely....

Cheers

Hi tng,

I too having same problem. i found unit on Property guru by myself and agent force me to pay 1% comm after signing e

OTP form after deposit given to e owner.

we spend almost 3omins arguing over e comm til 11pm. in e end, i sign e comm for but am thinking of giving up e deposit n not buy the flat.

can someone advise if we can complain to anyone about agent taking comm from both buyer n seller?

Do you need those big shots email as well to help u on your case ???

I am sure the agent sure get a fright,....get the agents name n ic no and write in....

I have pm u the list of big shots to contact for help from the press......to u noe who....go c use it wisely

Edited by kelamel

Do you need those big shots email as well to help u on your case ???

I am sure the agent sure get a fright,....get the agents name n ic no and write in....

I have pm u the list of big shots to contact for help from the press......to u noe who....go c use it wisely

The emails really big la... but will they attend to us... so so small case...

Edited by tnqhome

The emails really big la... but will they attend to us... so so small case...

I think it would scare the agent really much but u must make sure whatever step u took is in your favour...

they r your mp's if they dont help you....than u vote them for ???

I think it would scare the agent really much but u must make sure whatever step u took is in your favour...

they r your mp's if they dont help you....than u vote them for ???

BuT I cannot vote.. unless i make a trip to ICA tomorrow...

BuT I cannot vote.. unless i make a trip to ICA tomorrow...

Better still, let them know that as a foreigner u been taken advantage of...be the victim..

wah if the agent reads this i think tmr sure sms u.... ring ring..hello mr/ms agent, i am from "ahem" we got a complain on your ethics we wish to speak to you....wah kaoz.....

finish liao.

Edited by kelamel

Better still, let them know that as a foreigner u been taken advantage of...be the victim..

wah if the agent reads this i think tmr sure sms u.... ring ring..hello mr/ms agent, i am from "ahem" we got a complain on your ethics we wish to speak to you....wah kaoz.....

finish liao.

Wait n see whether she show me the agreement....

Dun think she have... as i cannot remember i signed before....

Also, dun even got letter from the property company about this....

Hi tnghome,

yup, i think tt's e right move la, just wait until she produces the agreement. But to be honest, I won't be surprised if she slipped in the comms agreement while u were signing all ur papers la, then distract u while u sign. and she did tell u abt the comm also, so u can't say tt u sign w/o knowing (even if you didn't realize what it was tt u were signing). and the fact that u allowed her to submit e otp basically means that you ratified your agency/principal relationship (if i remember correctly from biz school, hehe). btw verbal contract is legally binding in sg, and her submission of the otp helps her case also, as it can be construed as tangible (?) proof of the verbal agreement.

But honestly, these pple not paisei meh take so much money for doing basically nothing? I mean, if she search for u, help u view, nego, then do pprwork ok then u dowan to pay, u wrong la. But this one really like scavenger only. if she help just submit otp i think should just accept a token lor, (.02% or 1 or 2k maybe? tt one quite a lor for filling forms only already). but again, should have nego before signing la.

i really think your best course of action is to write in to the papers, clearly stating the agent and her agency's particulars. Now property's a hot topic, especially with all the new laws coming up, so they might pick up the story. AND the fact that you're a foreigner helps. maybe u and julim can both write in around the same time. then maybe the papers will call e agents and ask y they expect to be paid so much for doing nothing, and if they think it's fair not. then ask agency if this is what they teach their agents. haha, sorry ah, getting carried away. nothing wrong w wanting to get paid la, but fair is fair. just my very long 2 cents.

anyway, thanks for telling us the story. please keep us updated, i'm sure a lot of pple quite curious to hear how it ends. good luck! :D

Edited by D^Quixote

Please post this agent's company and handphone no. out in this forum. It's to prevent more people from getting conned by such dishonest agent.

At least my agent told me honestly that she would receive extra commissions from my bank loan's banker and lawyer.

Edited by forgotten

yeah, i think forgotten's right, altho i won't go so far and say dishonest la. maybe a bit too greedy at that moment. anyway, that should be e way also la, want to take extra comms i'm sure can just say. i don't think many pple would mind, as long they know u're not out to con them.

Even she slip in and let me sign the Comm agreement, we, as buyer will also receive a letter from P**x Company. Correct?? I dun receive anything from them. We really cannot re-call we have signed any Comm agreement. IF YES, stated clearly that we have to pay... THen boh bian...

Besides, just know from a friend who is a ppt agent, submission of OTP is Seller agent job!! So, basically she do nothing for us.. Actually, we just want to nego the comm to lesser only, as we feel 1% is too much... But she insist of 1% we also boh bian, either legal or 1%....

If without the agreement, we are in the win situation as we don't even agree to it verbally. Besides, she meet us for not more than 4 times within the transaction and she wan to get 4k as comm... TOO MUCH....

I FACE MY BOSS 20 DAYS PER MONTH, my salary is even much lesser than that!!!!

As for the publicity, if she really take legal action without the comm agreement, think it will come out automatically.. as recently there is survey result, saying that 80% of the sellers/buyers does not satisfied the service of the property agent... Definitely, this topic will be HOT again....

Even she have the agreement and sue me... I die die have to pay the 4k only, right??... is there other things else?? Go to court, the company will loose reputation .. Hee... if 4k to make publicity awareness of this issue, i dun mind... hahaha..

In this case where buyer has no agent representing them and is forced to take seller agent, it is best to nego for coms first before signing OTP. Make sure you and agent agreed to coms, signed the coms letter and then signed the OTP, of course must be done on the same day itself.

If both parties cannot agreed, i suggest u walk.

In this case where buyer has no agent representing them and is forced to take seller agent, it is best to nego for coms first before signing OTP. Make sure you and agent agreed to coms, signed the coms letter and then signed the OTP, of course must be done on the same day itself.

If both parties cannot agreed, i suggest u walk.

Problem is.... We didn't talk much on this on the 1st day...

Now the transaction done... and no agreement signed...

I agree to pay her service fees, but that 1% that much...

4k for 4 meet up... and each meet up less than 1 hr...

Even expensive that a lawyer....