Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ernieliew75

12 Yr Old 5i Resale Hdb At Cck Ave 3

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Major change of plan... ... My bro was suppose to purchase a unit within same area, and my parents will be staying with him. The initial plan was for my family to shift in to his place after his reno so that we can proceed with our reno. He now decides not to get the unit, and rent a room for himself instead... my parents has no choice and would be staying with us... all initial design and reno plan twarted cos they will be cooking every meal... no more open kitchen concept, no more simple and neat house cos will have lots of items as old people got 'karang goonie' habit... need to set prayer table as well... worst part is that I will have to find a house for rental for few months (extra cost) so that my reno can commence as I already sold my current place, and must shift out by 7 Jul 10. I will only be taking key on 30 Jun for new house... need some advises here on rental of entire unit for 2 to 3 months... Si Bae Sianz... ... Selling my current place to aim for a dream house... even set a budget of 100k aside for it... now dream house gone... :(

Edited by ernieliew75

hello ernie,

your house sold at such a good price! should be the nice reno la. new owner don't need to do much.

wow, your plans changed again ah? Tell your bro not to keep changing his mind leh.. kekeke....

Ah Bo Pian... I can't control this ma...

Ya, the jacuzzi bathtub is a good idea if I extend my toilet to bedroom, provided I hacked 2 room to 1... now don't even have enough room... even my daughter have to share room with maid... What to do. See toto this fri lor. Whoahahahahaaaa...

Ah Bo Pian... I can't control this ma...

It's ok. Plans do change. Like us, we planned to get a new place at the beginning of last year, but did not find any to our satisfaction. Then we decide to renovate our own home instead. But the hassle of renovation and inability to come up with a satisfactory layout prompted us to look for another place again. So we bought one at the end of last year after looking at a few units. Now looking at some minor renovations to do.

That's life.

Make the most of what you can do. You can decorate as you go along.

Edited by summerflowers

My original floorplan:

8efbb19fa5.jpg

My finalised floorplan after the changes (with parents staying with me.

cc255f7e0c.jpg

Basically I will hack most walls, replace with cabinets and panel boards. All doors will change to full height sliding door between the erected 'fake' walls so that it can nicely flush in. The walkway to bedroom will be a giant picture where the doors are part of of it, so when it open or closes, it will create a different pic and feel. Working on the 3D Drawings. Cheers. :D

Edited by ernieliew75

Basically I will hack most walls, replace with cabinets and panel boards. All doors will change to full height sliding door between the erected 'fake' walls so that it can nicely flush in. The walkway to bedroom will be a giant picture where the doors are part of of it, so when it open or closes, it will create a different pic and feel. Working on the 3D Drawings. Cheers. :D

Great! Looking forward to your 3D drawings.

Just bought this sofa set at Sierra Designer Furniture at Sungei Kadut:

62b86f7818.jpg

1ec3124b18.jpg

Damage: 3 + 2 Seater Sofa Set at $1500, Spare Cover Set at $600 (velvet finishing)

Will be getting this Dining Table (1.8m x 0.85m) with 6 Chairs. The top will be black without the flowery design. $1497 from Nova.

8ee5f6b6b3.jpg

My finalised layout:

b1ae5cfd1a.jpg

Cheers. :D

Reno will commence on 2 jul from 9am onwards. Checked with the FSM on the good date and time. Completion should be by early Sept, but shifting in will definitely be after 9 Sep 10 (after Chinese Hungry Ghost Festival)

Gotten 11 quotes from different ID, ranging from 62k to 116k. We zoomed down to 2 ID which we think is the best, and worked out an empty quote ourselves (stating clearly on the material, dimension, description, etc, to make sure that nothing is missed out), and asked these 2 ID firms to provide a final quote for us to decide which to select. Now still waiting for reply.

Overall estimated budget we are looking at:

Reno: < 70k

Purchase items < 30k

By the way, I am looking for a home theatre system to fit into my living room (6m x 4m), which my original plan was to install just a Philip Souldbar, but the sales person told me no efffect cos the living room is too big... any good recommendation?

:P

Edited by ernieliew75

Reno will commence on 2 jul from 9am onwards. Checked with the FSM on the good date and time. Completion should be by early Sept, but shifting in will definitely be after 9 Sep 10 (after Chinese Hungry Ghost Festival)

Gotten 11 quotes from different ID, ranging from 62k to 116k. We zoomed down to 2 ID which we think is the best, and worked out an empty quote ourselves (stating clearly on the material, dimension, description, etc, to make sure that nothing is missed out), and asked these 2 ID firms to provide a final quote for us to decide which to select. Now still waiting for reply.

Overall estimated budget we are looking at:

Reno: < 70k

Purchase items < 30k

By the way, I am looking for a home theatre system to fit into my living room (6m x 4m), which my original plan was to install just a Philip Souldbar, but the sales person told me no efffect cos the living room is too big... any good recommendation?

:P

HTS, depending on your budget, you may wanna visit adelphi to audition and let your ears decide...good luck!