Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ernieliew75

12 Yr Old 5i Resale Hdb At Cck Ave 3

Greetings to all,

I'm new to this forum and need some advices:

I've recently purchased a 12 Yr Old 5I HDB (120sqm) at CCK Ave 3, and would be taking over the house in end Jun this yr. Looking around for reno contractor and not sure bros and sis here got any good recommendations.

This is my floor plan and initial design concept:

th.52095de58e.jpg

Went to the following ID for quote:

Chew Design - Quote Came, very ex. Close to 60k, not including flooring which I intend to hack off and lay homogeneous or marble for entire house

Weiken - No News yet

U-Home - Very brief quote with 1/2 the things discussed not in the quote. Already costing at close to 50K

Spacious Planners - No News Yet

Edgeline - No News Yet

Outlook Interior Design - No News Yet

Basically I am looking for a bright and simple design home that is neat and tidy. I intend to overhaul the place to make it a modern designer house, broad concept as follows:

a. Hack away all floorings, including the laminates, and lay homogeneous or marble flooring for the entire house.

b. Remove all cornice, and do false ceiling for entire house with plain down lights.

c. Remove all window grills, buildin wardrobes in bedroom 2 and master bedroom.

d. Change all windows to silver aluminium sliding windows. (The current one is dark bronze casement and sliding windows)

e. PD door for common toilets, and glassPD doors for kitchen and master toilet.

f. Hack away entire kitchen carpentry and re-do with crystal doors. Install with induction hob. Seldom cook anyway.

g. Carpentry for bomb shelter wall to hide the door, and build shoe rack beside the door area.

h. Carpentry the TV console area.

i. Carpentry the masterbedroom bed area.

j. Carpentry cabinet at service balcony.

k. Build in Wardrobe for bedroom 2 and Master bedroom (Masterbedroom with 2 separate wardrobe at each end of the walls, with a smaller ventilated door cabinet for clothings that were worn before, but yet to wash, e.g. pyjamas, jacket, etc)

l. False wall for Bedroom 3 to prevent the bed to be positioned below the ceiling pllar.

m. Redo both toilets, with bathtub in master toilet.

n. Designer switches for entire house, and design tap and basin for entire house.

o. Remove all 5 existing air-cons, remove all existing pipings, and just put system 3 inverter aircon in 3 bedrooms.

p. Pla with some wall papers at TV concole, dining and master bedroom area.

q. Hack away master toilet wall, and replace with glass wall.

r. Carpentry low cabinet between living and dining area to prevent the sofe from moving beyond the ceiling pillar.

Saw a few negative comments on Weiken and Chew, but when I went over to talk to the ID (Weiken -> Andr###, Chew -> Alic###), they seems ok. Maybe I gave them a high budget at 60 to 80k. But they doesn't seemed to register that this amount include all items like lightings, hob, hood, aircon, doors, switches, heater, bathtub, tap, basin, sink, cutrains, etc, etc (less furnitures and other electrical appliances which I catered separate budget for it).

I am really looking forward for my dream house with good workmanship, and something lasting. My current reno was done by Aims Design, still in very good condition till now, after 5 yrs of staying, and I tried to get them for my coming reno, but they seems to be out of contact... Maybe scared of me liao, cos I squeezed them dry during the reno, and gotten lots of FOC items (designer lights, window grills, designer switch, some carpentry, toilet 7 piece sets, etc). Whoahahahahaaaa....

Edited by ernieliew75

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Welcome! :)

sold for $434K? Woah, prices are really going up a lot now!

Anyways, just to share, I went to a few IDs also, and Ideal House @ Upp Serangoon seems like one of the affordable ones, no harm contacting them? The guy I liaised with took a week to get back to us with a detailed breakdown quote, along with layout design. However, not making any decision right now cos we're re-looking at our budget. Oh ya, the aircons, sanitaryware, cooker hob/hood etc are not included in their quotes.

Good luck with finding an ID/contractor and with the reno!

Welcome to RT!

Wow you must be rich to approach all those famous IDs with a 60-80k budget.

Your place looks pretty new so unless you're having a complete makeover with premium toys, it shouldn't cost that much.

Have fun in your reno journey and try not to be a carrot :D

edit:oops that's your previous house, my bad :D

Edited by ossify

Some pics of my current house, 5Yr Old 4A (90sqm) in Bukit Batok, (Oledi sold last week at 434k). Whoahahahahaaaa...

d15780d068.jpg

dc5351039a.jpg

1a96fbc0b3.jpg

29aa2d948d.jpg

7fad7ce61b.jpg

hey ernie.....

welcome welcome....& congrates to your new hse purchase!

wahaaa.. :good:. .your current hse looks chio leh.....especially like the wall-features at the living area(rusty look concept).. :rolleyes: ...why sell hah ???

hey ernie.....

welcome welcome....& congrates to your new hse purchase!

wahaaa.. :good:. .your current hse looks chio leh.....especially like the wall-features at the living area(rusty look concept).. :rolleyes: ...why sell hah ???

Used to stay with only my wife and daughter, but recently my mum got a stroke and the place they stayed got no direct lift access, so my parents and their maid shifted to my house to stay with me. They sold their house, and my bachelor brother (staying with them) is looking for a new place to stay.

I need a bigger house in order to accommodate so many people, but after getting my new 5I, my brother decided to get another 5I and fetch my parents to stay with him... now I am stucked in a big house with small family. Whoahahahahaaa.... Maybe using one room as recreational room (with TV, soundsystem, pool table, bar counter, etc, etc. Yet to deide la.

I bought my current house at 143k (end block units from hill view, and I applied for balloting as 1st timer applicant, and lucky enough to get it after 2 months of application. I was working in overseas then with my wife, so even the choosing of unit was done by my parents).

I only renovated the house when I was back in 2005, and stayed for less than 5 years. Oledi fully paid since its cheap, and our CPF account is enough to pay all. As the pricing is good at a right timing, I got it sold, and got my resale 5I at only 382k, still got some extra for reno and new furnitures after chipping in our CPF built up these few years (about 70k). Very lucky to be debtless nowadays (Car fully paid oso). So dun wanna to get more burden to aim for condo or any other things. Working towards for a dream house so that it will keep all of us at home instead of going outside to spend more money.

Still thinking of whether to put a huge bathtub within my bedroom. Any bros and sis here does that? Can post some pics cos I thought it will be very siok to have huge bathtub for us to dip in together with wine while enjoying the jacuzzi. Need to visualise how it looks like. :P

Thanks to pinktini advise on Ideal House @ Upp Serangoon, will ask for a quote from them. Cheers.

Edited by ernieliew75

Used to stay with only my wife and daughter, but recently my mum got a stroke and the place they stayed got no direct lift access, so my parents and their maid shifted to my house to stay with me. They sold their house, and my bachelor brother (staying with them) is looing for a new place to stay.

I need a bigger house in order to accommodate so many people, but after getting my new 5I, my brother decided to get another 5I and fetch my parents to stay with him... now I am stucked in a big house with small family. Whoahahahahaaa.... Maybe using one room as recreational room (with TV, soundsystem, pool table, bar counter, etc, etc. Yet to deide la.

I bought my current house at 143k (end block units from hill view, and I applied for balloting as 1st timer applicant, and lucky enough to get it after 2 months of application. I was working in overseas then with my wife, so even the choosing of unit was done by my parents).

I only renovated the house when I was back in 2005, and stayed for less than 5 years. Oledi fully paid since its cheap, and our CPF account is enough to pay all. As the pricing is good at a right timing, I got it sold, and got my resale 5I at only 382k, still got some extra for reno and new furnitures after chipping in our CPF built up these few years (about 70k). Very lucky to be debtless nowadays (Car fully paid oso). So dun wanna to get more burden to aim for condo or any other things. Working towards for a dream house so that it will keep all of us at home instead of going outside to spend more money.

Still thinking of whether to put a huge bathtub within my bedroom. Any bros and sis here does that? Can post some pics cos I thought it will be very siok to have huge bathtub for us to dip in together with wine while enjoying the jacuzzi. Need to visualise how it looks like. :P

Thanks to pinktini advise on Ideal House @ Upp Serangoon, will ask for a quote from them. Cheers.

Hi Ernie,

You are luckly to be debtless, especially in a place like Singapore.

You can also get quote from Roy Tan , previously from Inzen ID

Good luck in your ID search.

Hi Ernie,

You are luckly to be debtless, especially in a place like Singapore.

You can also get quote from Roy Tan , previously from Inzen ID

Good luck in your ID search.

Thanks Wazz. Here are some pic of what I am looking at for my new house (But brighter colous tone) . Found these pics somewhere.

19f4b8afa9.jpg

4c07222050.jpg

16c6e6b702.jpg

15c949a6b2.jpg

Cheers

Goodview Gdns!!!

so this unit is..erm..was yours! very nice indeed. :)

very good price you fetch there...

Edited by jeda

Hi Ernie,

If you are going to Ideal House for quotation, you can also try Defong Interior Design. Quotes are reasonable and workmanship is good. Their office is just beside Ideal House...

Hi Ernie,

If you are going to Ideal House for quotation, you can also try Defong Interior Design. Quotes are reasonable and workmanship is good. Their office is just beside Ideal House...

Thanks, already send them for quotation just now. But I couldn't find ideal house web an contact. Can help?

Btw, anyone seen similar products like this in singapore? Interested to get one for my toilets:

bddbeb72a2.jpg

ff2f2682fd.jpg

eed1270bec.jpg

af4d22a0b6.jpg

Tap

68f7448672.jpg

Edited by ernieliew75

Thanks, already send them for quotation just now. But I couldn't find ideal house web an contact. Can help?

Btw, anyone seen similar products like this in singapore? Interested to get one for my toilets:

Tap

68f7448672.jpg

wahh, i like the tap too. will let u noe if i come across it. :)

btw, i'll PM u the ideal house add and web.

wahh, i like the tap too. will let u noe if i come across it. :)

btw, i'll PM u the ideal house add and web.

Thanks Pinktini, will contact them.

Anyway, just some ideas I had (thinking aloud) based on the floor plan, for comments pls. Cheers.

3febe93794.jpg

ac66fc4875.jpg

Talked to a few ID, but the one I am most comfortabe with is this guy called Keith from Edgeline. Putting pricing aside (yet to receive quote from him, the rest ranges from 50 to 70k), he is very sincere, and is able to receive what you are trying to tell him, and then he will revert back with suggestions that will trigger new ideas. No a hardseller, and is very creative and practical in his design. Not as aggressive compared to other ID I talked to, wanting you to accept their ideas, and rule out your own ideas.

In my opinion, Keith is very open minded, honest for certain points that I brought up (e.g. I wanted high end and expensive stuff, but he is able to weigh for me on pricing vs practical usage, and other options to have same effect, yet cheaper and more user friendly and easy maintenance). He is even going to the details like flushing the side skirting with the wall so that the protruding part will not gather dusts and it looks sleek, hiding wires for portable electrical appliances, keeping common items like brooms, mops, pails, heater, keys, bags, worn clothings, etc, etc, etc out of common sight. Just what I wanted for my new house. Bright, simple and neat.

Btw, he design his own 3Rm where he hacks away all walls, reposition the entire house areas (i.e. kitchen, bedroom and living room all reshuffle). By removing the walls, he created more space for items, and replace these walls with wardrobes/cabinets, feature walls and partitions (with storage) to differentiate the sectors. This makes his place look much bigger and modern.

Best part is that he will come out with all drawings first before our next meet up, and will only come out with quote after the 1st round of discussion on what we wanted based on the drawings, and roughly what type of material are we looking at. Having settle these before the actual quote will make the pricing more accurate. Can't wait for the next appointment. Cheers.

Edited by ernieliew75