Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fifteenmay

Fifteenmay's Love Nest

Fall wallpaper is nice but Singapore's weather is too humid thus making it not that feasible.. Just my 2 cents..

Agree, but you can reduce the humidity by turning on your aircon (all the time?)

It means not too friendly with mother nature and father wallet :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Agree, but you can reduce the humidity by turning on your aircon (all the time?)

It means not too friendly with mother nature and father wallet :P

Oh Boy, i got to think twice now... :o

But wallpaper are so nice.. sian...

Looking at the final quote now. cant see anything to cut! :unsure: i want it all! ;)

Just sent an email to my id to ask if we can get the quote down to 25-26k.lets see what she comes back with.

Now regret not opting into the HDB's doors.

ID quote me 1040 for 4 doors!

hmmm 1040 ... veneer designer door with lockset ? mine qoute me 960 for 3 veneer doors.

Oh Boy, i got to think twice now... :o

But wallpaper are so nice.. sian...

My view differs from the rest. Wallpapers can easily last 3 to 5 yrs without any problem. It is definitely more exp than paint but as u said, they are nice and there are many designs to choose from. Unfortunately, the painters we have in Sg are average unlike those I see in Debbie Travis's show. Our painters can't replicate the designs of wallpaper using paint. Even if they are willing to do so, economically, I think might as well use wallpaper instead. I think the main gd thing abt wallpapers is it is much more hassle free to change wallpaper than repainting.

Really?

maybe i will look around for cheaper doors.

Do ask whether the doors are solid doors or 'hollow' ones. I think for the price, it should be 'hollow' ones. If u are going for even cheaper ones, the quality might not be that gd.

Ya, better be careful - I realise that some ID do measure "wrongly". I highlighted the tight space to one ID, but he insisted can be done and kept saying "don't worry", but I'm not sure la. Just look at the measurement -

our mbr width is 290cm

a bed (whether king or queen) without frame is 200cm (but even without frame, still need space for headboard right? so let's say minimum 10cm)

wardrobe depth 60cm

so that leaves 20cm walking space??

Just do without the bedframe and headboard, ask ID to come up with other ideas,,,

So small space not only difficult to walk, but also difficult to open wardrobe door. So what about sliding door then? But if doing sliding door, then need more depth for wardrobe so that the track can run, so need to eat even more into the walking space!

Looking at your layout, can also do a full height along the adjacent wall next to aircon-ledge..and maybe followed by a wall/or low cabinets along the aircon ledge? not too sure how the aircon ledge works...seem like there's a doorway to it? With bed and cabinets tug along the perimeter of your room, your room space will be optimised.

But got to clarify I am talking about bed head against the structural wall. If you plaot ce bed to face window or toilet side, then sure lots of space.

Have you considered extending kitchen to service yard? I think if remove the retractable clothes hanger, can do another low cabinet and worktop there, maybe about one meter - but alot but still better than nothng.

This idea is perfect, I did that for my previous flat..this area remains the "wet area" with my washing machine and fridge tugged in the service yard... Thus no big items for the rest of the kitchen. As for clothes I still use the traditional bamboos and hang them across on the window grilles and the wall cabinets of the service yard...

Hmm .. I also want to join in to compare quotation. My quote for the extended kitchen is $7020! That's with 95cm full height, 153cm low cabinet, 39cm top hung, all in laminate. plus worktop in indian granite. So looks like either mine is too high or 15May's is reasonable?

Actually, can anyone tell me how cabinet cost is calculated? Is the full height 3 times the price of a bottom cabinet?

For places with a L shape, do they count the overlap portion double?

15May, I also opt for no door! Regret lah! My quote for 5 pc nytoh veneer ply timber door is $2750! Looks like this ID is really trying to chop me to pieces. Anyway, is this door the solid or timber type? I was told that this is the better quality one, true?

As for mbr, after going through the many options, we have now more or less decided to do the L shape wardrobe. One ID suggest a chest of low drawers just outside the aircon ledge, but I worry that it may be difficult when aircon needs to be serviced.

Hmm .. I also want to join in to compare quotation. My quote for the extended kitchen is $7020! That's with 95cm full height, 153cm low cabinet, 39cm top hung, all in laminate. plus worktop in indian granite. So looks like either mine is too high or 15May's is reasonable?

Actually, can anyone tell me how cabinet cost is calculated? Is the full height 3 times the price of a bottom cabinet?

For places with a L shape, do they count the overlap portion double?

15May, I also opt for no door! Regret lah! My quote for 5 pc nytoh veneer ply timber door is $2750! Looks like this ID is really trying to chop me to pieces. Anyway, is this door the solid or timber type? I was told that this is the better quality one, true?

As for mbr, after going through the many options, we have now more or less decided to do the L shape wardrobe. One ID suggest a chest of low drawers just outside the aircon ledge, but I worry that it may be difficult when aircon needs to be serviced.

at least your id provides u the measurement in cm, i hear all the feet until abit blur : ( i am still waiting for my id to provide clarification.how is your kitchen layout like? at least yours is extended kitchen. mine is the same small area!

Regret right? sigh,the doors HDB give not bad though my fren using it for one year, say spoil liao. i need to check with my id if its solid or hollow type. alot of things still quite blur.

where is your L Shaped wardrob going to be at? low drawers just outside the aircon ledge is fixed or can move away when air con is being serviced?

How is your design for the house like? your id give u 3d drawings yet?

at least your id provides u the measurement in cm, i hear all the feet until abit blur : ( i am still waiting for my id to provide clarification.how is your kitchen layout like? at least yours is extended kitchen. mine is the same small area!

Regret right? sigh,the doors HDB give not bad though my fren using it for one year, say spoil liao. i need to check with my id if its solid or hollow type. alot of things still quite blur.

where is your L Shaped wardrob going to be at? low drawers just outside the aircon ledge is fixed or can move away when air con is being serviced?

How is your design for the house like? your id give u 3d drawings yet?

Yup, some quote in feet, some cm, and each one has different proposal, so not really fair to compare quotation amongst IDs. But anyway, it's not just the $$, also depends on how trustworthy and "clickable" I feel they are.

No one gave 3D yet as I have not firmed up with anyone, not even layout plan (except for one). They still treat like some copyright even though I ask for them for easy reference against their quotation!

A bit hard to describe here, and haven't figure out how to upload attachments, but the L shape at mbr will be against the "exterior" wall and aircon ledge wall, bed next to wardrobe, ie windows at the side. kwim?? :unsure:

We did think about making the chest of drawers (infront of airocn ledge) movable, but was afraid that might damage the parquet?

kitchen - I have full height cabinets against the bomb shelter wall, worktop infront of window, sink in the wall next to pipe, hob on the other side of the L, followed by top bottom cabinets and the fridge near the kitchen entrance. Hope you are not scratching your head already? LOL

Basically will be hacking off kitchen wall at entrace and extending kitchen out by a rectangular space till near main door.

anyway did you visit many houses before deciding on your ID?

Yup, some quote in feet, some cm, and each one has different proposal, so not really fair to compare quotation amongst IDs. But anyway, it's not just the $$, also depends on how trustworthy and "clickable" I feel they are.

No one gave 3D yet as I have not firmed up with anyone, not even layout plan (except for one). They still treat like some copyright even though I ask for them for easy reference against their quotation!

A bit hard to describe here, and haven't figure out how to upload attachments, but the L shape at mbr will be against the "exterior" wall and aircon ledge wall, bed next to wardrobe, ie windows at the side. kwim?? :unsure:

We did think about making the chest of drawers (infront of airocn ledge) movable, but was afraid that might damage the parquet?

kitchen - I have full height cabinets against the bomb shelter wall, worktop infront of window, sink in the wall next to pipe, hob on the other side of the L, followed by top bottom cabinets and the fridge near the kitchen entrance. Hope you are not scratching your head already? LOL

Basically will be hacking off kitchen wall at entrace and extending kitchen out by a rectangular space till near main door.

anyway did you visit many houses before deciding on your ID?

Houses? what do u mean? i went to one of the fernvale show flat before. so got abit of idea.

Houses? what do u mean? i went to one of the fernvale show flat before. so got abit of idea.

huh? :dunno:

I make you confuse and now i become confused myself. What do you mean by "houses"? And where is the fernvale showflat? You mean the one in HDB hub?

huh? :dunno:

I make you confuse and now i become confused myself. What do you mean by "houses"? And where is the fernvale showflat? You mean the one in HDB hub?

Ha we both confused!!

Anyway, i went to one of the showflats that one of the contractors around fernvale did in Blk B. go and see see look look.

Getting my keys in 5th May and will bring my id there to go measurements

Ha we both confused!!

Anyway, i went to one of the showflats that one of the contractors around fernvale did in Blk B. go and see see look look.

Getting my keys in 5th May and will bring my id there to go measurements

wow! You must be very excited! Just one week to go!

Did you mention hacking the kitchen wall (or was it another blog?) So did you engage PE already?

I am going to take my keys on 5th May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D So excited!

wah...happy for u...mine still long :(