Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

do u think write this to the Straits time forum is useful?

or get the qian xian zui zhong? If need tpy residents' voice, I can be one of them, petition if need signatures, count in me too.. This is bad news for us indeed. Paid so much for the HDB, still get penalised for going home.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
do u think write this to the Straits time forum is useful?

or get the qian xian zui zhong? If need tpy residents' voice, I can be one of them, petition if need signatures, count in me too.. This is bad news for us indeed. Paid so much for the HDB, still get penalised for going home.

Can feel the tense and stress of dramatic increase in cost of living recently in Singapore. Making a living is getting harder and harder. Price only keeps going up up up but seldom down. :notti:

A sad story.

The ERP is not the prefect solution to solve traffic conjestion. It is also a good excuse to earn money and keep their job forever. It only divert the problem to somewhere. And that somewhere, they will put up another ERP and another, and another, and another......

In the end, you will pay ERP once you get in and out of every multi-storey carpark, and pay road tax as well! But if they put the ERP on every multi-storey carpark now, they will lost their job soon. Maybe they built more roads to cause jam, so that they have excuse to put up another ERP to earn more money. On second thought, which means they built traps, and not road?

Eventually this will come to an end. BUT wait!:notti: They introduce another new IU. This one operate the same way as what you see in a taxi. Yes, a milege meter for you to insert cash card. Sorry, not a cash card. I think by then, it should auto deduct thru Giro.

And they live happily deducting your money ever after. The end. :notti:

A sad story.

The ERP is not the prefect solution to solve traffic conjestion. It is also a good excuse to earn money and keep their job forever. It only divert the problem to somewhere. And that somewhere, they will put up another ERP and another, and another, and another......

In the end, you will pay ERP once you get in and out of every multi-storey carpark, and pay road tax as well! But if they put the ERP on every multi-storey carpark now, they will lost their job soon. Maybe they built more roads to cause jam, so that they have excuse to put up another ERP to earn more money. On second thought, which means they built traps, and not road?

Eventually this will come to an end. BUT wait!:notti: They introduce another new IU. This one operate the same way as what you see in a taxi. Yes, a milege meter for you to insert cash card. Sorry, not a cash card. I think by then, it should auto deduct thru Giro.

And they live happily deducting your money ever after. The end. :notti:

The GPS system may be a better alternative? Get away all ERP grantles, all vehicle install a GPS tracker just like the cash card system. So the system will track where are you everyday, how far your travell and charge according to your millage.

Is that better? ERP grantles everywhere nolonger phsyical limited in certain areas? I don't know..

Edited by TPY

GPS not efficient. It needs clear sky view to track you. If you go into the tunnel or multi-storey carpark, they cannot track you. They lost count. That 100m tunnel is also money. What about parking at the 7th storey carpark? A lot of mileage involve. Also GPS is costly.

As we say, at the meantime, they are already tracking us via anyone having a mobile phone. Even in a tunnel if there is receiption.

But got a problem, you can switch off or leave your mobile at home. Maybe it will comes free built-in when you buy a car. It switch on when you start the car.

Why worry, better get back to renovation.

Hi future neighbours.. i have a few questions not sure if anyone can help me with..

1) the loan application form, do we have to complete Part (II) Particulars of Occupiers for purpose of Credit Assessment if me & my hubby are the only occupiers of the flat?

2) do we have to complete the HLE loan eligibilty online?

Thanks in advance! Cheers

is this the kind of "bargain" one gets for supporting P@P... :jawdrop:

wonder how's the corruption like... they get pay increase to tide the surge in living expenses...

we get nothing in the pocket but bigger holes... *ptui*

There's no corruption in SG... only LEEgalised corruption!

Pay them more so they will not be corrupted! LMAO

Dunno how many of us will be affected next time by this ERP Gantry. Hope our MPs will speak on our behalf, with cost of living gone up significantly. :bow:

I think Bargain Hen will not be of much help... not unless he becomes the next PM!

These MPs are just a bunch of wayang kulits... a fine example would be that Vivian. Seeing his before and after MP attitude will induce mass vomitting!

The TPR ERP gantry is situated such that it charges for cars ENTERING TPY... and TPY is neither a business district nor major industrial core center... why the need for ERP if not for $$$ sake?

In a "first world" country like SG, jams are inevitable what with the increase in population. Especially during the 2 peak hours daily, it's all part and parcel of the economy... the gahmen is just leeching onto this to fatten their pockets for the upcoming recession. Period.

And don't get me started on comparisons with other developed countries!... HK's MTR is way more efficient and user-friendly than our "first world" MRT... to think they even have the balls to compare! :jawdrop:

One good way to solve all the congestion problem, is to do away with the Road Tax, or keep it to a low amount, then charge drivers for road usage via more ERP. Reduce the tax on car prices... but then this may increase the number of cars on the road since they're so cheap...and it's back to where we started!

I think Bargain Hen will not be of much help... not unless he becomes the next PM!

These MPs are just a bunch of wayang kulits... a fine example would be that Vivian. Seeing his before and after MP attitude will induce mass vomitting!

The TPR ERP gantry is situated such that it charges for cars ENTERING TPY... and TPY is neither a business district nor major industrial core center... why the need for ERP if not for $$$ sake?

In a "first world" country like SG, jams are inevitable what with the increase in population. Especially during the 2 peak hours daily, it's all part and parcel of the economy... the gahmen is just leeching onto this to fatten their pockets for the upcoming recession. Period.

And don't get me started on comparisons with other developed countries!... HK's MTR is way more efficient and user-friendly than our "first world" MRT... to think they even have the balls to compare! :jawdrop:

One good way to solve all the congestion problem, is to do away with the Road Tax, or keep it to a low amount, then charge drivers for road usage via more ERP. Reduce the tax on car prices... but then this may increase the number of cars on the road since they're so cheap...and it's back to where we started!

Cool off man. Maybe can discuss more on the reno.

Going home from work also need to pay $$$$. So sad that i brought a house in TPY. Stupid ERP. :) Haiz.....

no sad no angry!:P our place very convenient.. take bus or mrt to work!8| buy weekend car... weekend no ERP!:(:yamseng:

Let's not get too carried away.

We are actually lucky to be staying in the middle of Singapore and across the road from both the MRT & Bus Stations. We can try to use the public transport as much as possible (although this may be pretty tough for those with the very young and the very old), else it really defeats the purpose of paying a premium to be next to the Stations. Might as well pay $80K less, buy an appt that is away from the Stations and use the money to pay for the car.

Let's not get too carried away.

We are actually lucky to be staying in the middle of Singapore and across the road from both the MRT & Bus Stations. We can try to use the public transport as much as possible (although this may be pretty tough for those with the very young and the very old), else it really defeats the purpose of paying a premium to be next to the Stations. Might as well pay $80K less, buy an appt that is away from the Stations and use the money to pay for the car.

hi guys, i think somebody should really write to LTA or straits times about the "standard" of MRT and bus services in Singapore..Look at hong kong..

MTR: there is always a lit LED route map that shows u the next stop and where to change lines clearly...

In singapore, the announcement is either inaudible or TOO LOUD...

Buses: there is a display that shows where is the next stop...you wouldn't miss a stop on the route!

moreover the LCD screen is bigger and most importantly, the video NEVER SKIPS EVER

talking about world class...sigh....singapore is not as tourist friendly..even locals find it sooo difficult to take public transport...sigh...

Hi....anyone fixed a rainshower system for both master and common bathroom? We intend to buy the rainshower type but overall length for the rod (which needs to be mounted on the wall) inc the hose is 1.5m...if im not wrong theres a boxed up at the ceiling in the bathroom so not sure if this length cld be fixed on the wall.

As Teka is having sales now which is ending soooon .....we intend to purchase the shower set and mixer. pls advise the posibilities pls......thanks!!

haloo anyone has good licensed renovators to recommend? i urgently need good ones..please PM me ok,..

by the way, the imation thumbdrive is still on offer...let me know if u are interested