Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi everyone,

mrs ronin and i were lucky. we're newly-married and by the time we applied a few mths ago (only!), there were only a handful of units available at the blk 79 series.

but thank God out of those few we managed to get our first choice flat at blk 79b. very wonderful. we were so so so so so so grateful to everything in the universe when the hdb officer said WE GOT IT yesterday during our appointment at hdb hub. :sport-smiley-004:

we'd be getting our keys in three mths or so but before that we're hoping to do some minor reno especially at the kitchen area (countertop, kitchen sink, etc). anybody got a good personal recommendation for a contractor? we're looking for someone reliable and honest for this.

anyway, we took some pics yesterday prior to the appointment. check them out!

DSC02603.jpg

guess where we found you guys?

DSC02631.jpg

had it been available, we'd love to be on the 7th or 8th floor to be near the garden

so charming!

DSC02628.jpg

we're very familiar with tp and love the idea of being nearer to tp central as compared to where we previously were renting at blocks 103 and 57

we're now bunking in at one of my sister's place at serangoon north

DSC02640.jpg

that's our house (lowest window in pic)

tp79b0231b.gif

and finally, this is our 90sqm floorplan and how we intend to divide the rooms in our home

anyway, does anyone know if the toa payoh community center next to 79e has a gym?

might need to utilize the gym there if there's any while waiting for our own little fitness station at home once we figure out where to put it considering the lack of space available.

hope to hear from you guys. thanks in advance for the welcome!

Hi Roin,

Congrats for your new house selection.I am also like got a unit from the last balloting.

Hope we can meet one day. :yamseng:

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, glad to know that there is a dedicated forum for Blk 79 residents, I am staying 79D, moved in end Feb. No doubbt this palce is very convenient, but i have one thing to complain is the noise, esp at mid night, my unit is facing the main road, i noticed that, during or after mid night, the driver tend to drive their car or bike is a very high speed result in the irritating sound, and it always wake up my 3 years old girl from dream. i noticed most of the time is done by the Mcdonald delivery guy, may be have to complain to Mcdonald then. I have written to LTa to feedback that there should be a road hump right before the traffic light, with that i think people may slow down the speed.

not sure anyone encountered the same problem here?

cheers,

Alex

Yup, I also face the same problem and agree that the MacDonald delivery bikes are the main culprits. I am quite sure they have illegally modified their exhausts to give the loud irritating roar. If there are enough of us, we should perhaps write a joint letter to McDonalds for action to be taken - failing which, we will escalate the matter to the relevant authorities. I mean, it is only fair that we give them a chance since this also concerns their rice bowls... :sport-smiley-004:

A few of us had made use of Sweet Home Curtain - I personally think that they are cheap and good. They are just located at TPY central along the row of shophouses facing Blk79 (the one where Japan Home and Tai Sin Electrical is located) -there are also a few curtain shops there too...happy shopping!

Hi Gadgetman,

What is the cost like for the curtains?

Can share or PM me?

I am thinking to put curtains **** Rm and the 3 bedrm.

Many thanks.

:dribble:

Hi Gadgetman,

Can share or PM me?

Many thanks.

:dunno:

Can olso check out Jimmy Textile from City Plaza. A few forumers uses them.

Quite a while back we've been to the Toa Payoh West CC and we saw that they have a gym there. This CC is located very near to Blk79 along Lorong 2 (but must cross the road), it is next to Blk 147...maybe you can check it out and update the rest of us if the gym is still there? :dunno:

hmm, i'll check it out soon.

would be nice if anyone also has recommendations for gym equipment for home, brand new or 2nd hand also can.

we're looking for firstly a treadmill and secondly a multi-station machine.

Hi Gadgetman,

Can share or PM me?

Many thanks.

:dunno:

Mine is a 5 room. Did single layer day-curtains for Living and MBR, single layer Nite curtain for Bedroom 1 and roller blinds for Bedroom 2. Also installed double tracks in case want to go for two layers next time. Total cost is about $1100. We were quoted about $1500 to $1600 by other vendors...

Hi Roin,

Congrats for your new house selection.I am also like got a unit from the last balloting.

Hope we can meet one day. :dunno:

i'm sure we will! cheers!

Thanks for the information. Will check out the shop this weekend.

Just a rough guide, whats the usual range to pay for curtains for 1 living room and 3 bedrooms?

I heard good reviews for Jimmy Textile too~~

Will most likely be getting my curtains from them too.

Anyone who are buying from them please let the boss

know that we are from TPY Blk 79.

May get more discounts if many of us are getting our curtains

there. :dunno:

Can olso check out Jimmy Textile from City Plaza. A few forumers uses them.

Dear All,

I'm a newbie here. My unit at Blk 79B is undergoing renovation now. Hope to be able to keep in touch with our friendly neigbours in our near future.

Btw, does anyone has any contact for curtains?

Welcome toppie, another to the big family.

Glad to find another 79B neighbour. :yamseng:

Search the internet for jimmy textiles.

(I'm not related to jimmy textiles. Only heard gd reviews by friends)

!!

Welcome toppie, another to the big family.

Glad to find another 79B neighbour. :yamseng:

Search the internet for jimmy textiles.

(I'm not related to jimmy textiles. Only heard gd reviews by friends)

!!

Do take note of the type of tracks they use when they quote you cheap.

Mine is a 5 room. Did single layer day-curtains for Living and MBR, single layer Nite curtain for Bedroom 1 and roller blinds for Bedroom 2. Also installed double tracks in case want to go for two layers next time. Total cost is about $1100. We were quoted about $1500 to $1600 by other vendors...

yours is cheap.

also did my curtain @ sweet home - total damage $950.

mbr 100% blockout material, study - roman curtain, living - 70% blockout material + double tracks, rm 1 and aircon ledge window only install rail.

for those looking at curtain, different materials, rails, etc have different quotes - so can only use as rough guide.

ask nearly all the shops in TPY central, to me sweet home pricing slightly better (me not related to them hor).

!!

yup i am also using Jimmy Textiles too. they are going to fix mine up this Friday! :yamseng:

mad rush this past 2 weeks trying to finish my renovations. but glad can finally move in very soon! :)

Mine from Jimmy Textile.

Living - day & nite curtain

MBR - nite curtain

Bedroom 2 & 3 - 100% block out roller

Total damage - $1,200