Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

hi howlupjac,

do you have a pic of your box up? if you dun mind, i would like to take a look. :yamseng:

Hi Mickey

Sent the pics to you via pm

:yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Depends on 4 or 5-Rms, owners hv to pay Both -> $800/$1100 for loading sand, etc.. AND

$170+/$180+ for haulage & removal of debris@ blk.

"Town Council tryin their luck" - Huh??

Rockey, ur contractor wud know there r two fees 2b paid.

In my case, letter went to my contractor/ID so they pay for me 1st. Letter was dated very beginning of my reno so presumably, Howlupjac's ID forgot to bill@end of reno.

Hi Hana

Yup, he forgot to inform us while we had told him previously that what needs to be paid all have to include in the quotation, even lighting points blah blah, else we will not accept the payment.

Yesterday made the final payment. He didn't collect it, or to put it in a nicer way, he "absorbed" the charge :notti:

It seems like the goods at Sheng Shiong are no longer as cheap as before... it's now almost similar to NTUC. Maybe becos of their expensive advertising and lucky draw shows on TV. Although their offer items are worth a 2nd look.

NTUC is cheap when certain items are on sale or offer, but even then, it could still be a few cents more than Ang Mo. For example, Jack&Jill potato chips cost $2.25 for 2 packets, while it cost $1.10 per packet at Ang Mo and only $1.05 at the Value $ Shop opposite NTUC basement. But NTUC has that Link Point system where you can get rebates off future purchases.

For toiletries and beauty products, try those shops on the 3rd floor of Peoples Park Complex, above the hawker centre. The more popular shops there are Ocean, Ming Ming & Swanston. They have products ranging from hair spray, hair dye, gel, facial wash, shampoo, toothpaste, mouth wash, etc.

You'd be surprised with the savings for certain products if you have been buying only from Watsons or Guardian! So you can consider getting all your items at one go to maximise the savings. Even the 2 shops opposite TPY Central, next to the Famous Tree Temple, can't match the cost savings. They used to be cheap a few years ago but no longer is. :yamseng:

Yes, I totally agree with you. NTUC Fairprice is crap. The prices there are not cheap compared to some other supermarkets or provision shops. For one, I don't like shopping at Fairprice because I hate the idea of Garmen :bleah: earning more $$$ from me. :furious:

I rather spend my hard earned $$$ at some privately owned enterprise. :good:

Hi Yeoman,

I'm a die hard fan of ANG MO. :dancingqueen:

Babymaro2003

Hi everyone

Thanks for sharing. Been staying here in TPY for a few years & didn't know there is such a shop. Went visiting this morning. Overall their stuffs are quite cheap.

Gonna touch on a very sensitive topic.

Recently there has been quite a few fund raising event for the China earthquake victims. My heart goes out to them. However has anyone stop to think for a minute that they are rich enough to take care of themselves. The country GDP figures are astonishing.

And also if their own people just donate $5 per head, the amount of money is difficult even to imaging. Remember it's only the Sichuan people affected, the rich people in Beijing, Shanghai etc are not affected at all. They can easily donate lotsa of money to their country men.

So pls do not donate to the mediacorp show tomorrow if u agree with me.

The donation should go to Myanmar citizens instead. However their govt has to prove to us it will not go to enriching their pockets before I am convinced to donate.

China GDP figures - http://www.chinability.com/GDP.htm

Your money can better help to unfortunate people in Singapore !

hello all,

I have already sent the contact list to all who have pm-ed me. If you don't find it from your inbox, you may want to check your bulk or spam folder.

hello all,

I have already sent the contact list to all who have pm-ed me. If you don't find it from your inbox, you may want to check your bulk or spam folder.

hi coco...

didnt receive the email...if its sent yesterday i might have deleted the emails in spam...can u resent?? sorry ya...thks!!!

Gonna touch on a very sensitive topic.

Recently there has been quite a few fund raising event for the China earthquake victims. My heart goes out to them. However has anyone stop to think for a minute that they are rich enough to take care of themselves. The country GDP figures are astonishing.

And also if their own people just donate $5 per head, the amount of money is difficult even to imaging. Remember it's only the Sichuan people affected, the rich people in Beijing, Shanghai etc are not affected at all. They can easily donate lotsa of money to their country men.

So pls do not donate to the mediacorp show tomorrow if u agree with me.

The donation should go to Myanmar citizens instead. However their govt has to prove to us it will not go to enriching their pockets before I am convinced to donate.

China GDP figures - http://www.chinability.com/GDP.htm

Your money can better help to unfortunate people in Singapore !

Hi Alister,

Don't you worry. I'm all behind you on this issue. Not that I'm hard hearted but i would rather donate my hard-earned money to a true blue "Born-in Singapore" citizen who needs $$ for medicine or because he's too old to support himself. Look at the number of old people slogging away in our food courts.....

I rather be helping our own Singaporeans as many are neglected by our own garmen who is so quick to offer aid (also hard earned $$ from Singaporeans) to China. Now, Mediacorp is way overboard.....launching a charity drive show here to raise funds.

Will we see China or PRCs doing the same thing for the many less well-off singaporeans who are in need of food and medicine?? I really doubt so...........

Hi Fellow Neighbours,

This is my first post from Blk 79A :dancingqueen:

It has been a hectic day... :jawdrop:

Didn't know I got so much junk until I see the boxes piling up! :sport-smiley-003:

Hi Yeoman,

You can look for me. I got good recommendation for you.

Babymaro2003

Thanks, will find out more from your via pm

or sms. Been really busy recently.

:seeya:

- GSS shd b frm Friday 23May2008 - Sunday 20July2008 bah :unsure:

- time 2 shop 4 furnitures liao. :idea:

- petrol price up again. :o

- aiyoyo, most expenses go up, y salary neber go up. :(

Thanks for the correction Jacky :P

Yalor, everything up except our salary... :curse:

Hi Fellow Neighbours,

Didn't know I got so much junk until I see the boxes piling up! :sport-smiley-003:

Hi Shivan,

Thanks for showing me your flat the other day. Really envy your Entertainment room. Wanted to do one but out of our budget.. :P

Hi Fellow Neighbours,

Yeah!! :yamseng: Congrats!! Happy Unpacking!! when can go see see your new home? hehehe! :thumbs up:

Hi Fellow Neighbours,

same same...cleaning up like mad!!! zz

Hi,

Your ID really gave you free Mitsubishi System 3 Non-inverter Air-Con, LG Fridge, EF Hob & Hood, Stainless Steel Sink and Tap?

Sat house hopping was really a fruitful trip and yes all ours legs are tired as well but worth it. :dancingqueen:

Nice meeting lot of freiendly neighbors and specially thanks to tension_Z, Liana79b, meowie49, Bonkitty and Mrs_Png for showing us your lovely houses. :good:

Hope to see guys again.

Was wondering why there was a sudden increase in cars

in 6th storey carpark when usually there are only 1-2 cars..

Realised that they are actually guests for Meowie & Hubby

ROM. Remembered earlier they told us they will be holding their

reception in their unit.

Anyway, congrats newly weds~~