Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi Neighbours,

Side-track abit....Please be careful if you are leaving your shoes outside the unit. Me and FW just happen to do some check on the reno defects rectification, it's a shortwhile activity afterwhich we have shoes missing. :furious:

We are lucky to have friends living nearby else we have to go home in bare foot. :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
alamak...like that kenna cheated by the wiring contractor already lor...We asked whether can tom-balek the switches so that it is neater but he say cannot.... :bangwall:

Hi Howlupjac,

I found I always gotta check switches 2-3x to ensure they're off cos supposed 2b in "ON" position (ie opp to living rm "OFF" position) jus b4 I leave hse, v troublesome! My electrician say cannot change cos 2-way switches operate lyk tat. :bangwall:

When another electrician came to replace switches to dimmer, I complain da same (I know he's better than other guy cos both fixed lights for me b4, i jus repeat lyk "auntie" lor). He oso say cannot but frown a little then did it correctly for me ie. Both entrance & living switches are same now ie. OFF positions when I switch off b4 leavin hse, hehe :dancingqueen: Maybe their standard reply/lazy to swap cables. Try longwinded "auntie" tactic, who knows...

Wah i see a lot of korean show fans...

My wife is a huge fan of korean show too... :D

Gui99 & Dracula,

I oso currently watchin BYJ dvd!

Hi tension_z,

Let you know later cos still raining.

BAE YONG JUN in the "DARK" :notti:

Got it???

Babymaro2003

:yamseng:

Hi Babymaro,

When Jacky777 asked us to guess his looks, I hinted his style lyk BYJ but better not say more in case mad screamin women line up at Blks 79... Now u risking his chance of findin tat rich pretty sexy lady... :dunno:

Hi Neighbours,

Side-track abit....Please be careful if you are leaving your shoes outside the unit. Me and FW just happen to do some check on the reno defects rectification, it's a shortwhile activity afterwhich we have shoes missing. :furious:

We are lucky to have friends living nearby else we have to go home in bare foot. :bangwall:

Hi Zincy,

Oh dear! Tks, wil be careful.

BTW, which blk huh? Presumably low flr? (Some1 told me lower flr easier access when I complain my dooebell kena stolen)

Wah, so scary, like that also want to steal....

and i only have a locked gate, no door the last 2 weeks cos have to 'cut' after flooring done...so every night put in extra lock, every morning unlock for workers...can't take the risk with 'things' inside...

want to ask...did you guys use those number lock during renovation? or pass keys to lock to ID?

Hi Neighbours,

Hi TENSION...I strongly agreed with you.

I remembered the air-con guys came and suggested how to run the truncking...I just say ok as I know nuts...luckily I told them to hold on as I need to confirm with my contractor...my contractor came and my contractor told them how to run the truncking....if I made my decision, my toilet mirror and holding glass will not be able to install if the air con water pipe runs in the toilet wall. Good thing my contractor told them about it.

HAPPY

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=14116&hl=

share with you this link, every aircon company has their own horrible story.

we are no experts in aircon, I guess with an ID around, the tendency of dishonest installer is minimal, cos' at the end of the day, the ID have to solve the problem if installer didnt do it well, guess this is the premium that we pay ID for his work.

and i only have a locked gate, no door the last 2 weeks cos have to 'cut' after flooring done...so every night put in extra lock, every morning unlock for workers...can't take the risk with 'things' inside...

want to ask...did you guys use those number lock during renovation? or pass keys to lock to ID?

My ID loaned me a key lock. And I bought a number lock on my own. So, I have 2 locks in total.

The number code is changed periodically, esp after every milestone eg, after screeding etc. Actually, I am still using the number lock, despite having installed the Castle lock. heh.

Hi Neighbours,

Thanks for this info. =P

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, sherjcw. I hope it can be resolved soon.

Reno is indeed a heng-sway thing. Bad products / aftersales service can happen to anyone. Even if they are purchased from highly-recommended shops with supposed good reputation.

However, for Aircons & Electrical wiring & Lights, I somewhat agree with tension_z. If you are a sotong-ball (like me), you may wish to opt to pay a little premium (definition of "little" may vary with different individuals) to get them through your ID as this will offer you some recourse if things go wrong.

For myself, the Aircon & Lights were cheaper through my ID's recommendation. But the electrical wiring is expensive.

the aircon is sourced by myself after doing a bit of research in forums..... super angry and piss off with them!

I do understand that electronics stuff is depend on Heng - Suay one.... but now the prob is not the aircon itself.... its the way the technician do his work. the technician who came on Mon said that he will come on tues to install the pipes for us and we waited till 9pm and still he NV turn up. then we called and ask him and guess wad?!?!? he said that he didnt say he is coming. he said that he will get B#st T#ch ppl to call me to re-arrange for appt. and till today they NV call me at all.

VERY ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,

My house is in a mess now! 'Jian bu de ren' ... :jawdrop: Boxes and boxes everywhere and I can't unpack my clothes cos there is still rectification works going on this Wed and Thurs. They need to re-sand and polish my parquet in my bedrooms... and also hack and relay some cut leg tiles... 8| Other than these, I'm very satisfied with the carpentry work. Give me another week and I'll try to clear my barang barang and invite you all to view when the house is more presentable... :notti:

Congrats to all those who are married!

Nice meeting meepok and babymaro on Saturday during dinner... :sport-smiley-004:

:yamseng:

arrrrhhhhhh..... ur dog very cute!!!!! sorry but wad breed is it, how old, boy or gal???? I also have a puppy.... Shih Tzu.... do u happen to be member of Dogsforum too?????

arrrrhhhhhh..... ur dog very cute!!!!! sorry but wad breed is it, how old, boy or gal???? I also have a puppy.... Shih Tzu.... do u happen to be member of Dogsforum too?????

Hi! It is a Female Maltese. 1 yr 4 months :sport-smiley-004: I'm a guest member. Only read the postings but never contribute :bleah:

How about yours? Sex and age? Mine is very notti! 8| Likes to shred newspaper and play with tissues. Must be too bored when nobody is at home during the day. :bangwall:

She is also ever ready to run out of the house when I open the door. Caught her squeezing through the gate twice already. Have to chase after her all the way to the lift! :jawdrop:8|

Quite a number of fellow 79ners also have doggies. Can hold dog outing when everyone is more or less settled in :good:

Hi! It is a Female Maltese. 1 yr 4 months :sport-smiley-004: I'm a guest member. Only read the postings but never contribute :bleah:

How about yours? Sex and age? Mine is very notti! 8| Likes to shred newspaper and play with tissues. Must be too bored when nobody is at home during the day. :bangwall:

She is also ever ready to run out of the house when I open the door. Caught her squeezing through the gate twice already. Have to chase after her all the way to the lift! :jawdrop:8|

Quite a number of fellow 79ners also have doggies. Can hold dog outing when everyone is more or less settled in :good:

yeah!! i am trying to find suki ( my female dog) some friends... she is still very young.. cannot get out of the house yet... :(

Hi Shivan,

We we suprised to see yr wife today at her work place..we just said hello.. :P

Edited by Redwyrm

Hi Shivan,

We we suprised to see yr wife today at her work place..we just said hello.. :P

heh... You on leave today? Settling your house matters? :notti:

Hi Zincy,

Oh dear! Tks, wil be careful.

BTW, which blk huh? Presumably low flr? (Some1 told me lower flr easier access when I complain my dooebell kena stolen)

Hi Hana,

Actually i'm at mid flooring of 79D, was caught out of surprise that shoes they also want. Doorbell so far my level are all intact.

My ID provide me with 2 x number locks and change the numbers often. Usually the contractors will chain the gate together with the door handle so to prevent pple from pushing open the door and peep at what are items inside the unit.

2 number locks? Wow! Yesterday made noise to ID already, said will give his own number lock and chain. I just don't trust my own chain and lock right now, i think very easy to break open.

By the way, guys, if something is never agreed on and we never wanted it, like a piece of false ceilng, and then ID's workers went and did it 'accidentally', we shouldn't be charged for it right? Even if we keep it?

What do you think? Should keep quiet or point it out ah?

Hi Hana,

Actually i'm at mid flooring of 79D, was caught out of surprise that shoes they also want. Doorbell so far my level are all intact.

My ID provide me with 2 x number locks and change the numbers often. Usually the contractors will chain the gate together with the door handle so to prevent pple from pushing open the door and peep at what are items inside the unit.

2 number locks? Wow! Yesterday made noise to ID already, said will give his own number lock and chain. I just don't trust my own chain and lock right now, i think very easy to break open.

By the way, guys, if something is never agreed on and we never wanted it, like a piece of false ceilng, and then ID's workers went and did it 'accidentally', we shouldn't be charged for it right? Even if we keep it?

What do you think? Should keep quiet or point it out ah?

Of cos you no need to pay..

For my case, during the time of quotation, i actually remove that cost of flooring inside the bomb shelter seeing that the bomb shelter is already cemented by HDB plus wants to save some $$..

When the workers are laying the tiles for my living room they also lay the same tiles in the bomb shelter.. Agreed with the ID that I don't have pay a single cents on this.. hehehe :notti: