Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

And yes, congrats to congee77 & sushibabe! and also meowie & hubby!! wishing both blissful marriage!

Thank you guys for all the wishes. congrats to meowie and hubby.

You'll Never Wed Alone :sport-smiley-018::yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Oops... hope i am not too late.

Congrats Meowie and hubby :D

Now is the beginning of a new life..... next is my turn

Hehe :D

hi dracula,

not at all ... :D Thanks...

Congrats & best wishes to meowie and hubby on their ROM! :drunk:

The sesame pork chop very nice :dribble:

ohh haha... next time i ask mama teach me.. then i pass the receipe to babymaro.. hehehee :P

Congrats to Meowie & hubby and congee77 & sushibabe too! Welcome to the CLUB! :notti::notti::notti:

:( the club is no good.. the moment i signed the cert... my friends called me MADAM CHIA... $%$#^$#@ :furious:

Thank you guys for all the wishes. congrats to meowie and hubby.

You'll Never Wed Alone :sport-smiley-018::yamseng:

hehe congee...

sama sama... gong xi gong xi too ar... :notti::notti:

:yamseng:

Congrats to sushibabe & meowie49

Have a blissful marriage!! :)

Also congrats to shivan in moving house :)

Take your time to unpack if not very shiong one....

bonkitty,

thanks for coming despite ur busy schedule ar.... :notti::notti:

i wonder when someone will knock on my door with some receipes and cake/bread....

Edited by meowie49

:( the club is no good.. the moment i signed the cert... my friends called me MADAM CHIA... $%$#^$#@ :furious:

madam still not so bad, wait until you got children, ppl will call you AUNTIE..Haha..

shercjw,

I can understand your frustration.

May I know did you source out aircon on ur own or by ID?

Those who knew me knows that I get almost everything from ID,

though more expensive. Now I know y the expensive part comes,

my ID assured me that if I get his aircon from him, he can arrange everything from installation, delivery and evrything has got to do with it.

Though my ID disppointed me many times with his lateness and blunders, it is not as bad as this case.

I can feel the headache you experienced, and now u have to worry about the re-painting cost, if this company is recommended by ur ID firm, you can complain to you ID and make them re-paint for u.

hope your problem is solved soon.

Hi Tension_Z

Actually it's not true that by getting air-con guys from ur ID, it will not meant disappointment. It's just means that if there is a problem, the ID can get them to rectify. The air-con guy recommended by my ID cost $350 more.

A number of neighbours here have gotten their own air-con installation and there is no issue. Must get gd companies with certified installer. I got mine from IMM GainCity and I do not have any issues. This is after doing lotsa research on the topic.

A good site to carryout the research besides renotalk is - http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1211816908

Gd luck to all renovating their home

hi alister,

no, I meant if the sales is from ID, if there are such problems affecting other parts of the house, they will have to do it for "free" in the sense that owner need not top up.

for aircon, in fact anything to do with renovation, it is a matter of luck.

I have read up much but still layman in many things, I mean those contractors/installers or forummer like jacky and yourself will know better.

young couple and auntie-type me won't understand the technical terms, maybe after much later. =)

there is always this risk to take when we purchased an electronic product.

it is just minimizing risk through ID by paying more.

a someone to help you chase the company if anything goes wrong.

I have heard stories of spoilt lights, and many headache to arrange for the delivery of replacement etc, time wasted costs more than the amt saved earlier.

of course, not all are like that.

still have to thanks sherjcw for reminding us of this company.

good day.

ohh haha... next time i ask mama teach me.. then i pass the receipe to babymaro.. hehehee :P

Hi meowie49,

Better dont pass any receipe to me. 8| You do the cooking, Meepok and me will go over your place to eat. :P:P:P

I'm more interested in your pet. Heehee. You know what i mean. :D

Babymaro2003

madam still not so bad, wait until you got children, ppl will call you AUNTIE..Haha..

DANG!!!! :bangwall::bangwall: i dun wanna be auntie... :(:(

Hi meowie49,

Better dont pass any receipe to me. 8| You do the cooking, Meepok and me will go over your place to eat. :P:P:P

I'm more interested in your pet. Heehee. You know what i mean. :D

Babymaro2003

hehe sure.... u can drop by often... she will love ur company too... at home no one entertain her.... :notti::notti:

hehe sure.... u can drop by often... she will love ur company too... at home no one entertain her.... :notti::notti:

You brought her home already? Next time our doggies can play together... :dancingqueen:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, sherjcw. I hope it can be resolved soon.

Reno is indeed a heng-sway thing. Bad products / aftersales service can happen to anyone. Even if they are purchased from highly-recommended shops with supposed good reputation.

However, for Aircons & Electrical wiring & Lights, I somewhat agree with tension_z. If you are a sotong-ball (like me), you may wish to opt to pay a little premium (definition of "little" may vary with different individuals) to get them through your ID as this will offer you some recourse if things go wrong.

For myself, the Aircon & Lights were cheaper through my ID's recommendation. But the electrical wiring is expensive.

Dear neighbours,

Please enlighten me how 2 way light switches work..

Eg. Area A and area B have same set of switches (2way)

so that i can on/off the same set of lights at both areas.

Question is if all lights are off, does it mean switches

for both area A & B are all off? Must it be that area A

switch is on and area b switch is off to have all lights off.

(In short the 2 ways switches will definitely be opposite,

1 off 1 on)

Not sure whether my electrician is smoking me.. :dunno:

hi alister,

no, I meant if the sales is from ID, if there are such problems affecting other parts of the house, they will have to do it for "free" in the sense that owner need not top up.

for aircon, in fact anything to do with renovation, it is a matter of luck.

I have read up much but still layman in many things, I mean those contractors/installers or forummer like jacky and yourself will know better.

young couple and auntie-type me won't understand the technical terms, maybe after much later. =)

there is always this risk to take when we purchased an electronic product.

it is just minimizing risk through ID by paying more.

a someone to help you chase the company if anything goes wrong.

I have heard stories of spoilt lights, and many headache to arrange for the delivery of replacement etc, time wasted costs more than the amt saved earlier.

of course, not all are like that.

still have to thanks sherjcw for reminding us of this company.

good day.

Sure, I had to do alot of reading up to decipher the technical terms myself. I'm sure my wife will be as clueless if she has to do all the reading up as well.

Like u said, all electrical purchases or any other purchases always have an element of risk and also a matter of luck.

Just to let the forummers know that there are resources like singaporebrides link or some forummers are here to answer any questions the best they can. So do ask and hopefully people like jacky or meepok can help.

Main point is not to let ur ID make too much out from you if it's within ur means to find out more.

An example is the lightings or bathroom accessories. We all know that if an ID brings u to the lighting or bathroom accessories shop, instead of getting 20% discount, it will go to enriching their pockets.

Hi Sushibabe

Wow ! Congrats to your wedding. My boy and me managed to catch a glimpse of the pretty bride and handsome bridegroom Sat morn at abt 9am.

U not going for honeymoon ? Still got time to post ?

Meowie & hubby

Congrats to the couple ! Closing a chapter in life and opening another.

Shay, call me along when u drop by Shivan place. Very eager to see all the carpentry works.

Shivan - let us know when u are ready for us to visit ur hse.

wah, how come never come and say hi to us??? we can take photos mah...anyway, honeymoon will be december because we saving up alot of $$$ to go a big one...hahaha...also, my school moving also...crazy to move house and school and have customary together...

Yup! for sure, depends on shivan when can we view it. hehe!

And yes, congrats to congee77 & sushibabe! and also meowie & hubby!! wishing both blissful marriage!

thanks~~~ free drop by our house with ms white lor...

Congrats to Meowie & Hubby & Sushibabe & Hubby !

Blissful marriage !! :yamseng:

thanks~

Congrats to Meowie & hubby and congee77 & sushibabe too! Welcome to the CLUB! :notti::notti::notti:

thanks~ the club not so fun la...i'm like my hubby's maid...opps~~~ :unsure:

Congrats to sushibabe & meowie49

Have a blissful marriage!! :)

Also congrats to shivan in moving house :)

Take your time to unpack if not very shiong one....

thanks bonkitty...how's your unpacking??? i'm done with my things...left with my hubby's...he got so many toys ar.... :bow:

Dear neighbours,

1 off 1 on)

Yeoman,

You are right. 2 way switches will always be opposite each other. So if Switch A is in the "on" position, then Switch B will be in the "off" position. if both are in the "on" or "off" position, it means that the light is on and not off.

Hope it helps :D

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=14116&hl=

share with you this link, every aircon company has their own horrible story.

we are no experts in aircon, I guess with an ID around, the tendency of dishonest installer is minimal, cos' at the end of the day, the ID have to solve the problem if installer didnt do it well, guess this is the premium that we pay ID for his work.

You brought her home already? Next time our doggies can play together... :dancingqueen:

yah!!!.. hehehe she eats whole day.. lol :notti:

Dear neighbours,

1 off 1 on)

hi yeoman,

it can be either way.. u can make both off or 1 off/1 on....

it is just a matter of swapping the cables... :)

for my house, i did off for both sides... I think it is more logical.. :P

Edited by meowie49