Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Wow Unimax sounds good. Maybe can share with us once you have the 3D drawings and quotation :good:

I dun have any budgets for ID also... but currently looking at my fren's reno who design himself and find contractor to do... it seems like you have to spend a lot of time and effort monitoring the contractor. It is not exactly cheap also seeing him spending 20 plus to 30K on the reno already.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wow Unimax sounds good. Maybe can share with us once you have the 3D drawings and quotation :)

I dun have any budgets for ID also... but currently looking at my fren's reno who design himself and find contractor to do... it seems like you have to spend a lot of time and effort monitoring the contractor. It is not exactly cheap also seeing him spending 20 plus to 30K on the reno already.

Hi gui99,

What to do...comparingly I got lots more of accumulated leave than $$, these days cannot encash leave into $$ anyway. If want cheap have to monitor them yourself.

But seriously, is it impossible to spend less than $20K on a 4 room reno? Or it is because the trend these days to built-in lots of stuff so the price is much higher?

Hi carelinwen, yup i agree.... how i wish i can cash my leaves too...

last time my company is able to do that. sigh.

I dun think it is possible to spend below 20k if you really wanna do it nicely. My fren actually targetted to do it at $18k and the carpenter is his wife's uncle. But as you know there is bound to be some alteration works and the budget is eventually burst. i think his reno is closing to 30k..if i am not wrong.

Luckily he is still studying so he can afford the time to go down 3-4 times a week to inspect.

I guess i will engage an ID to do up all the essential stuff first. Life in a Korean style house first loh... and buy the furnitures slowly.. what to do...

sigh -_-

Haha i rather HDB use mine for a show flat. :)

My colleague bought a Seng Kang show flat from HDB... a bit ex but at least he can use CPF to pay for the reno.

Hi all!

I'm ur new neighbour from Blk79D :bangwall:

I bought this flat with my FH thru balloting.

Glad to know from here tat some of the flats will be released in aug!

it seems like lots of ppl stay in 79a and the least is 79d! :notti:

Hi all!

I'm ur new neighbour from Blk79D :)

I bought this flat with my FH thru balloting.

Glad to know from here tat some of the flats will be released in aug!

it seems like lots of ppl stay in 79a and the least is 79d! !!

Welcome pink_sea79!:P

Least in 79D maybe becoz mostly taken up by enbloc ppl?

Hi carelinwen, yup i agree.... how i wish i can cash my leaves too...

last time my company is able to do that. sigh.

I dun think it is possible to spend below 20k if you really wanna do it nicely. My fren actually targetted to do it at $18k and the carpenter is his wife's uncle. But as you know there is bound to be some alteration works and the budget is eventually burst. i think his reno is closing to 30k..if i am not wrong.

Luckily he is still studying so he can afford the time to go down 3-4 times a week to inspect.

I guess i will engage an ID to do up all the essential stuff first. Life in a Korean style house first loh... and buy the furnitures slowly.. what to do...

sigh -_-

Great to see more new neighbours in this forum! :)

Btw, i noticed many of u mention looking for ID. Is anyone going to consider contractors? :)

Coz i also have a low budget of 20k and i also hope i can engage an ID at that budget.

But I was thinking, if we're only doing basic/essentials stuff, do we need an ID? Mayb coz i have the impression tat ID are for those who want to do major renovations such as knocking/erecting walls & reconfiguring the layout.

So i dun feel good paying an ID so much just to do very basic stuff like flooring, carpentry etc.

But i've heard of ppl having problems handling contractors and also have to monitor them regularly, so to save all the trouble, prob better to engage an ID. :dunno:

Haven't really decided which to choose yet...so would like to hear any of ur views or anybody has prior experience with contractors/ID to share? :help:

i considering contractors too.

cos at the mom, i think i only want to do the min

-flooring for living and 3 rm and store room

-kitchen cabinet and door

-2 toliet partition

-air con

will consider the rest of bulit in furniture if it is within budget.

i was at tpy consecutively on friday nite and saturday noon time...

finally get to view it for myself the lighted up blk C & D... :dunno: and get to know the location of unimax, living art... and oso notice another ID shop, substance... along with them at the same stretch... and there were always a young couple discussing inside these shops... wondering if its happened to be any of you here? :bangwall:

i'm wondering how IDs works? do they design your house even b4 you decided to engage them?

or you hv to pay a non-refundable booking fee den they start designing your house?

my fren's husband is a contractor, i'm thinking of engaging him as my fren promised to charge me cheap... :bangwall: but i'm wondering wat else does a contractor do when i'm starting the reno of my house on scratch??

i saw some uninstall light colour wooden door inside blk c 5 rm flats bedroom.

should be thier bedroom doors.

from far, it look quite nice. i suspect there are some pattern on the door, cant see clearly. (unlike the plain bedroom door at the new redhill flats)

not sure whether the rest of the 4 rm flats issit using the same kind of bedroom door.

workers still working there on sunday afternoon.....