Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Last night a friend just recommended me a Pioneer Plasma 50", dunno whether it will overkill anot. I'm actually looking for a Panasonic Plasma 42"..

Mine's a 42" LCD. Sofa's against one wall and the TV against the opposite wall. Actually, if you watch normal TV programmes with adjusted ratio, it's as good as watching a 37" screen through a 42" TV.

Ultimately, it's up to the individual's preference.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Mine's a 42" LCD. Sofa's against one wall and the TV against the opposite wall. Actually, if you watch normal TV programmes with adjusted ratio, it's as good as watching a 37" screen through a 42" TV.

Ultimately, it's up to the individual's preference.

Ya, think 50" is really too big for our little home.. just now was at Hougang Mall and there was this Harvey Norman roadshow at the open area outside the mall (near kfc). Saw quite a lot of LCDs at discounted price, those who are interested may want to check it out. Unfortunately not many selection for plasma TV which I'm looking for.

was there a block washing at blk B or afternoon also heavy rain?? tmd my door all splatter with mud stain and floor dirty :(

i just toook some photos on the 'damage' from the thunderstorm (wet doors, wet gates and slippers)

Anyone knows who in HDB can i send it to?

Feel like asking them to built rain protectors for us..or else our doors and gates will rust super quick. :(

I just came back from our unit, was pretty shock to see water leaking through the kitchen windows. Don't know where the water came from, possibly from the window seal but there was water at the top part of the windows. Any 79ers experiencing this too?

The living room windows also had droplets at the top, but the kitchen windows were wet!!

i just toook some photos on the 'damage' from the thunderstorm (wet doors, wet gates and slippers)

Feel like asking them to built rain protectors for us..or else our doors and gates will rust super quick. :(

That bad eh? My 'exposed' neighbour complained to me b4 about this issue. Didnt realised it was that bad. :jawdrop:

I wonder if anyone of u faces this problem. I am staying on the low floors. When it rains, the drainage pipes outside my unit sounded like "gron gron gron" .. so LOUD!! :(

Anyway, on a sidenote, any1 has engaged contractors/IDs that does not have all the HDB certifications? Any comments or feedbacks? :D

Anyway, on a sidenote, any1 has engaged contractors/IDs that does not have all the HDB certifications? Any comments or feedbacks? :D

Not advisable ah. At the end of the day when u got any disputes with ur renovation or contractor and cannot be solved, at least those with certifications can go to the relevant authorities.

To me most important is at least they have Casetrust ah. :D

just for the word "housewife" you shall get Suki's freshly made Chocolate Cake and Suki's Crysanthemum delight. :furious:

BTW, I am not a housewife hor... working at home doesnt make me a housewife!! :bleah:

- like dat huh, then i dun wan go liao. :no:

- mayb my own bar-counter, though smaller, but i belief its much nicer & cosier than e 1 at 79C.

- somemore can ladies nite every nite. :bleah:

Wow now raining very heavily until my main door all wet.. :jawdrop:

yeah indeed.. the rain was scary!!

I wonder if anyone of u faces this problem. I am staying on the low floors. When it rains, the drainage pipes outside my unit sounded like "gron gron gron" .. so LOUD!! :(

- las nite rain was really e heavy.

- i was with some frnds at e foodpark, then suddenly thunder & lightning striked then it rained heavily.

- all e patrons who were seated outside, all shifted in2 e inner side of e foodcourt.

- though shifted in, stil can feel e tiny droplets of rainwater blew in by e strong wind.

- e tables & chairs outside were all wet.

- i think its e 1st time 1'v seen e inner seats were fully occupied (full hse).

- later after midnite, wen i go up 2 my unit, my front gate & door, common corridor were olso wet.

- lucky neber open window.

- for those units, who's main entrance door is beside e perforated panel railing, wil definitely kana rain. (i experienced it myself liao)

- mayb sombody wana write 2 hdb, request them 2 install awning or sunbreaker above e railing, directly below e small beam, not totally cover up e opening.

- an example of such scenerio is at Bukit Panjang, Senja Rd.

:o

- e phrase 'hdb certifications' sounds kinda vague 2 mi.

- basically, hdb do not give certifications 2 ID/Contractor co.

- hdb only issue Renovation License to ID/contractor co who had passed their test.

- licensed ID/contractor co do not mean they r able 2 conceptualize ur ideas & realise it, non-licensed co do not mean they r not able to either.

- big & reputable ID/contractor co do not mean they r gd, small co do not mean they r bad either.

- it breaks dn 2 wat type & scale & diversity of reno u r looking at.

:rolleyes:

Not advisable ah. At the end of the day when u got any disputes with ur renovation or contractor and cannot be solved, at least those with certifications can go to the relevant authorities.

- u r rite. but 2 certain extent.

Edited by jaCKY777

Hi all Blk 79ers,

I am from Blk 79D, just collected my keys on Monday. Going to start our renovation soon. I have been reading this forum for quite some time, hope to make frens with you. Hope to be able to drop by for house visits if possible, so that I can get more ideas and learn from you before my renovation starts :yamseng:

Hi to another newbie like me. Unlike u, I havent even found my ID yet. ;)

Hi all Blk 79ers,

I am from Blk 79D, just collected my keys on Monday. Going to start our renovation soon. I have been reading this forum for quite some time, hope to make frens with you. Hope to be able to drop by for house visits if possible, so that I can get more ideas and learn from you before my renovation starts :yamseng:

Very true...tks. Guess everything comes w a price. :D

Tks. Actually am more keen to find out about the 'consequences' of getting 1 w/o the mentioned certs or licenses. I already know what kinda reno and theme I want for my place. :thumbs up:

- e phrase 'hdb certifications' sounds kinda vague 2 mi.

- basically, hdb do not give certifications 2 ID/Contractor co.

- hdb only issue Renovation License to ID/contractor co who had passed their test.

- licensed ID/contractor co do not mean they r able 2 conceptualize ur ideas & realise it, non-licensed co do not mean they r not able to either.

- big & reputable ID/contractor co do not mean they r gd, small co do not mean they r bad either.

- it breaks dn 2 wat type & scale & diversity of reno u r looking at.

- u r rite. but 2 certain extent.