Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi neighbours

Something not related to reno but would like warn abt a scam out there. Went for a talk today about getting free gift. Luckily didn't sign up with them. They are asking for abt $20k from u.

This is a writeup of how it will happen by someone. Here's the URL to readup - http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/viewtopic...sc&start=70

Here's what happened:

I got a phone call from a lady earlier this year, apparently for a phone interview(survey). She did not state her credentials just proceeded into the survey immediately. The first question was something like: Have you travel via SIA before? Now, the survey was pretty short, only about 4-5 qns, with the last qns (I remember vividly): what is your salary range? Then she ended the conversation politely. Now, I found this survey too short and kind of questionable.

Yesterday, I got a phone call from this guy who called himself 'Javen'. He started with, "my collegue called you in Jan for survey, do you remember, the first qns was Have you travel via SIA before? you answered No." Then, he said we are from this company called DHA, not DHL, (ha ha) you heard before? We are like Natas fair in Suntec, you know, like the other travel agencies, blah blah. Then he said, you got kenna their "prize", $1000 dollar voucher to buy electronics, TV, furniture etc, or 1-for-1 cruise, or 8 day 7 night trip to thai whatever. He follows by you were one of 188 pple selected, and goes on elaborating how they are not like other timeshare etc, no need to sit for 4-5 hrs to get gift, just come for 90 minutes etc. Then he goes on how you can use the $1000 etc, how you can fully transfer your trip to your relatives if you want to, and they are trying to promote their company and let pple know about them. I asked him if they have a website, he said they use to have but very old, now under construction. Then he tried to fix me up for appointment that evening, and kept on asking me what time can you come, what time you knock off etc, I had something other stuff anyway, so I said tmr? He said ok, and kept pressing me for what time, I didn't gave him a exact answer, so he guessed my knock off time and told me address: Rolex Building (between Lucky Plaza and Paragon), #18-02, gave me instructions where to park if I drive and other instructions for public transport (so kind) and even gave me hotline:65365886 to call if I got lost. He then told me you must bring you IC down and asked for my full name. Afterwhich, he transferred the call to "his boss", another woman. The transfer was instantaneous, as if she was expecting me! She then told me again addr, hotline, how to get there, and I MUST bring my IC there! Then she said Javen is "purposely" staying back for me, "his only customer" tmr, and asked if I can go cos she will call the sponsors to tell them I'm going to go get the gift. (She then did some action behind to make it sound like she was processing it.) She emphasized again: MUST come down and bye bye.

Wow... that was a close call ah. Must be extra extra careful man. :D

Normally i would ignore these ppl, same goes for those calling for insurance, credit cards, membership, etc...

Can occasionally get onto my nerves... Hehe... :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi neighbours

Something not related to reno but would like warn abt a scam out there. Went for a talk today about getting free gift. Luckily didn't sign up with them. They are asking for abt $20k from u.

This is a writeup of how it will happen by someone. Here's the URL to readup - http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/viewtopic...sc&start=70

Here's what happened:

I got a phone call from a lady earlier this year, apparently for a phone interview(survey). She did not state her credentials just proceeded into the survey immediately. The first question was something like: Have you travel via SIA before? Now, the survey was pretty short, only about 4-5 qns, with the last qns (I remember vividly): what is your salary range? Then she ended the conversation politely. Now, I found this survey too short and kind of questionable.

Yesterday, I got a phone call from this guy who called himself 'Javen'. He started with, "my collegue called you in Jan for survey, do you remember, the first qns was Have you travel via SIA before? you answered No." Then, he said we are from this company called DHA, not DHL, (ha ha) you heard before? We are like Natas fair in Suntec, you know, like the other travel agencies, blah blah. Then he said, you got kenna their "prize", $1000 dollar voucher to buy electronics, TV, furniture etc, or 1-for-1 cruise, or 8 day 7 night trip to thai whatever. He follows by you were one of 188 pple selected, and goes on elaborating how they are not like other timeshare etc, no need to sit for 4-5 hrs to get gift, just come for 90 minutes etc. Then he goes on how you can use the $1000 etc, how you can fully transfer your trip to your relatives if you want to, and they are trying to promote their company and let pple know about them. I asked him if they have a website, he said they use to have but very old, now under construction. Then he tried to fix me up for appointment that evening, and kept on asking me what time can you come, what time you knock off etc, I had something other stuff anyway, so I said tmr? He said ok, and kept pressing me for what time, I didn't gave him a exact answer, so he guessed my knock off time and told me address: Rolex Building (between Lucky Plaza and Paragon), #18-02, gave me instructions where to park if I drive and other instructions for public transport (so kind) and even gave me hotline:65365886 to call if I got lost. He then told me you must bring you IC down and asked for my full name. Afterwhich, he transferred the call to "his boss", another woman. The transfer was instantaneous, as if she was expecting me! She then told me again addr, hotline, how to get there, and I MUST bring my IC there! Then she said Javen is "purposely" staying back for me, "his only customer" tmr, and asked if I can go cos she will call the sponsors to tell them I'm going to go get the gift. (She then did some action behind to make it sound like she was processing it.) She emphasized again: MUST come down and bye bye.

Hey neighbours,

- if i'm not wrong, dis kind of 'free gifts' gimmicks oleady in existence for quite some time liao.

- if i'm not wrong, they had been in operation in Orchard Rd area many yrs bak.

- it had since quiet dn after many complaints & reports.

- if i remember correctly, las time they wld 'tout' ppl on Orchard Rd, particularly along e pedestrain walkway outside Wisma Atria.

- they wld 1st 'appetize' u by talkin abt 'freebies...' but u mus follow them 2 their office, listen 2 their talk which takes hrs.

- e talk wld say abt joining dis & dat, buying dis & dat. Particularly, joining s a member wif their 'flying club'.

- s a member of e 'flying club', 1 wil njoys cheaper rates in airfare, in addition, 1 wil get 'freebies'.

- e catch is, there is a 'member fee'.

- how true e cheaper in airfare rates, how gd e freebies, i'm not sure.

- wat i'm sure is dat, i was meeting a frnd in Orchard Rd but he turned-up only few hrs later.

- told mi, he had reached b4 mi but was 'tout' in2 e talk at a nearby building & ...

- he managed not 2 commit anything & managed 2 get out of e 'talk venue' which was kinda hard.

- eversince dat incident, we wld 'siam' any 'strangers' along Orchard Rd.

- oh, i remember liao, it happened during my sec sch days, wen handphone havnt even came in2 e market. Only got pagers.

- how long ago was it, well, u calculate urself.

:notti:

Ya I kena once too but I usually ignore these calls especially calls from Chinaman/woman (no offence intended here). Better be safe than sorry. ;)

Wow... that was a close call ah. Must be extra extra careful man. :D

Normally i would ignore these ppl, same goes for those calling for insurance, credit cards, membership, etc...

Can occasionally get onto my nerves... Hehe... :notti:

Btw any1 have any comments on the Hubstation from Starhub? Thinking of getting it soon. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Vlanze

Ya I kena once too but I usually ignore these calls especially calls from Chinaman/woman (no offence intended here). Better be safe than sorry. ;)

Btw any1 have any comments on the Hubstation from Starhub? Thinking of getting it soon. :sport-smiley-004:

A lot of my friends and myself have been getting calls from some PRC women claiming to be doing so survey for some electronics factory in Hougang (can’t remember the name).

Obviously, there are no big electronics factory In hougang area…… Just tell them you’re not interested to reveal information or speak to them as they are not Singaporeans. They will just get pissed off and not call you again… :dancingqueen:

As for companies claiming that you have won a prize, tell them to mail it or courier the prize to you. If not, tell them straight not to “smoke” you and hang up :notti:

Any ppl think of getting the gas heater from CityGas? It is available fpr booking, heard that it is 8L and about 280++ with installation. Me getting it on 17 Jun 08. :dancingqueen:

Hey Shivan,

Thanks for showing us your unit on Sat. Very nice design and with some great ideas :) Your dog looks alike with my second dog :)

Can I side track abit? This sun is Father's day. I am looking for good Chinese buffet. Any recommendation?

Hey Shivan,

Thanks for showing us your unit on Sat. Very nice design and with some great ideas :) Your dog looks alike with my second dog :)

Can I side track abit? This sun is Father's day. I am looking for good Chinese buffet. Any recommendation?

Hi Coco!

Nice meeting you and looking forward to seeing your finished product! :good:

I just went to this restaurant by Tung Lok located in Paramount Hotel opposite Parkway Parade last night. The food is not bad. There are 3 dishes which you can only order 1 time. Mini Buddha jump over the wall, peking duck 2 slices and fresh boiled prawns 100g per person. The rest you can order as many times as you like. :dribble:

It cost $33.80++ person, minimum 4 person for the ala-carte buffet.

I'm not sure if they still have this buffet for father's day, you can call and ask.

The Paramount Restaurant

30 East Coast Road, #01-01/02

:yamseng:

Hi Coco!

Nice meeting you and looking forward to seeing your finished product! :good:

I just went to this restaurant by Tung Lok located in Paramount Hotel opposite Parkway Parade last night. The food is not bad. There are 3 dishes which you can only order 1 time. Mini Buddha jump over the wall, peking duck 2 slices and fresh boiled prawns 100g per person. The rest you can order as many times as you like. :dribble:

It cost $33.80++ person, minimum 4 person for the ala-carte buffet.

I'm not sure if they still have this buffet for father's day, you can call and ask.

The Paramount Restaurant

30 East Coast Road, #01-01/02

:yamseng:

Hey Shivan,

Before I saw your post, I already made a reservation with Paramount Restaurant. So qiao :) The menu looks good from the website. They have buffet on Father's day.

Anyone interested to install solar film to block the uv? I am sourcing and found one which is cheaper than 3M and Vcool. Can install on all windows at below $500. The film is from Korea.

Hi all, how do you find the shower head provided by HDB? Am thinking whether to change it anot. Let me have your opinions, thanks! :yamseng:

Any ppl think of getting the gas heater from CityGas? It is available fpr booking, heard that it is 8L and about 280++ with installation. Me getting it on 17 Jun 08. :dancingqueen:

Hi Speedmover,

We have "booked" our gas heater from CityGas on 30JUN. Its also 8L.. they say will call once ready but yet to hear from them. When did you order the gas heater? :sport-smiley-018:

Anyone knows when do we need to pay the tv license $? I've just installed my tv last weekend & i heard that pple got fined becos they never pay tv license $.

Some time back, i received a letter saying that i can pay the tv license $ thru GIRO. I think the letter is from IRAS. Attached was a GIRO form but i think it never tell me when i need to pay the tv license $.

Hi jaCKY777,

Okay! I'll ask my neighbour when i see him. hope he haven throw away.. :)

Thanks for the info man! :good: My ID said tat he will give me normal glass panel for the kitchen cabinet backing but after reading ur info, i think i will insist him on giving me tempered glass. Its near the stove leh... :unsure:

The funny thing is he honestly declared that thou he had written tempered glass on the contract, but he will give us normal glass. WTH!! :jawdrop:

My TV feature wall also got use glass and he say use normal glass.. wat u tink? safe ma.. ? :unsure:

hey thanks huh.. i was tinkin of doin a DIY water feature lahr.. so it wld be great if i can have the glass lo. Dun mind hor? :help:

Hey ryuki,

- jus submitted my defects list 2day.

- hdb takes abt 2 wks to rectify my defects.

- afterwhich, i'm gona start my reno liao.

- meantime, e pcs of 12mm thk 4ft x 2ft black tinted tempered glass is currently in my HHS.

- let mi noe wen u wana cum & take it.

- colour glass backing at kitchen shd use Tempered Glass, 6mm or 8mm.

- s e term suggests, it is tempered glass (withstand heat) with color spray paint behind.

- other options r ->

-- stainless steel backing. (practical)

-- wall tiles (glas mosaic, ceramic etc), jus overlay between e top & lower cabinet. (modern, futuristic)

-- normal glass (float glass), not advisable, s it canot withstand heat & impact. Once broken, it wil shatter in2 big sharp pieces.

-- if stil wana use float glass, then gota stick a color film behind (laminated glass). Heat & impact resistence stil e same but once e glass breaks, e film wil hold e glass in place, not scatter all over.

- pricing & durability for float glass, laminated glass, tempered glass, stainless steel backing, glass mosaic tiles can check with ur ID/contractor.

:rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey neighbours,

as i did not start any T-blog or blog, i gota temp. post here regarding my defects list (submitted 080609 1700 hrs) ->

- cracked walls (>1.5m) in Master Bedrm & Bedrm 3,

- 2-gang socket oulets canot plug-in in Master Bedrm,

- shower head leaking & rusty/dirty in MasterBath,

- shower hose rusty/dirty in Common Bath,

- hollow tile in Common Bath,

- window latch stucked in Living Rm,

- rusty HHS door frame,

- common corridor wall (directly facing main entrance) plaster peel off, can see e raw concrete beneath.

- other items like chips & scratches in sanitary wares, rust, white cement in floor trap cover, cement at window latches, i close 1 eye, did not report.

:(

Edited by jaCKY777

Hi all, how do you find the shower head provided by HDB? Am thinking whether to change it anot. Let me have your opinions, thanks! :yamseng:

hi stay79,

I am using the shower head provided by hdb.. so far, i have no problem with them... hehe :D

hi all,

me and hubby went to isetan orchard to shop for induction pan. Initially, we are looking for tefal pans (we did buy some). While walking, we saw this Berndes 28cm pan. The original price is $269. However, the sales price is $58!! If u are looking for a 28cm pan, you might wanna consider this offer. Berndes is quite a good brand in the industry and we have used it to cook spagetti and pork chop yesterday. hahaa PERFECT heat!! we just love this pan. :D

(I do not sell this pan and i am not a friend of the promoter. Just wanna share good things :D)

-- stainless steel backing. (practical)

-- wall tiles (glas mosaic, ceramic etc), jus overlay between e top & lower cabinet. (modern, futuristic)

:rolleyes:

hi,

i have some comments to make. (Not personal attack ar..)

I cooked a lot and I feel tempered glass backing is still the best.

1) Stainless steel backing is very nice and can drill . But, it is really hard to maintain. Scratches easily. Oil stains easily. In order to maintain its shine, U will have to take a long long time to apply oil.

2) Wall tiles ( if u mean those small small tiles) is worst.. Also nice to see.. but after 1-2 times of FRYING... haha, i tell u, it wont be as nice to see those oil stain on them. Maintenance is even harder.

3) Tempered glass backing also got som drawbacks ar... firstly, cannot drill. Everything also have to stick. Also need maintenances. Everytime after cooking, have to use magic clean to spray n wipe with cloths.. Then use newspaper to wipe it dry.

Overall, anything u installed also need maintenance. But unless urs is a showroom kitchen, tempered glass is still the best choice coz it is least maintenance. (This is my personal opinion.. And it might defer from others.. :D)

Edited by meowie49