Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Anyway, just wish to report that we have officially landed! HELLO ALL NEIGHBOURS and to the new neighbour staying on the same floor. :D

Opened the doors to our new investment today afternoon. Has to admit it was a bit small...now need to crack our heads on how to arrange the furniture. :sport-smiley-004:

Hello and welcome... hope you have a good reno and a wonderful home.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

For those that have finished renovation but yet shifted in, pls be careful. My neighbour's flat was broken into, the thief cut off the bicycle chain lock at the gate, and stolen their appliances which they newly bought. He advised me to lock both the gate and door as well instead just using the bicycle chain when reno is completed.

According to the NPP, this is not the only case of break-in in 79. Hmm.. staying beside the NPP may not be that safe too... talk about security, heard some of you getting castle lock? Is it more secured and how much?

For those that have finished renovation but yet shifted in, pls be careful. My neighbour's flat was broken into, the thief cut off the bicycle chain lock at the gate, and stolen their appliances which they newly bought. He advised me to lock both the gate and door as well instead just using the bicycle chain when reno is completed.

According to the NPP, this is not the only case of break-in in 79. Hmm.. staying beside the NPP may not be that safe too... talk about security, heard some of you getting castle lock? Is it more secured and how much?

- dat is y, new items shd not b brought in2 e unit too early.

- best is near or after handover. Except those necessary items which wil speed up e whole reno process.

- if gota bring in e new items early, then gota plan properly where 2 temp. store them.

- eg. is 2 hav a room solely for new purchase items. Lock e rm at all times.

- best is arrange a delivery day wen no sub-con is working. Nobody noes abt e items in e rm except owner, ID & deliveryman.

- lock e bedrm of new purchased items with e installed lockset.

- lock e metal gate with thick chain with lock if stil got some outstanding works.

- if not, makeuse of watever lockset 1 can use, metal gate, main door, bedroom door + chainlock/padlock at metal gate.

- Castle, Yale, Duro etc r some of e better known brands of locks which hav a high security rating for locks.

- it pays to buy a lock which is more expensive.

- do u wana spend slightly more now or loose even more later? :wacko:

e above is my personal views, it stil gota depends on 1self.

;)

Gossip of e day

- Dog outing? :huh:

- mayb can organiz a 'doggy beauty pageant', dress up e doggy in bikini etc :notti:

- so many dog owners & luvers in 79, y dun some1 b e chairperson, organise 1 lah. :P

Neighbourhood

- paint shop dnstairs got sell ICI & Nippon paint.

- for those neighbours who wana touch-up e paintworks in ur nice hm, can try getting frm them. Friendly uncle, reasonable price. :yeah:

- 2 massage & foot reflexology parlours had somehow invaded in2 e 79 neighbourhood.

- 1 is beside e small ID firm, 1 is beside foodpark.

- 'special service' anot, i dun noe. Those who had tried, mayb can update. :notti:

- peak hrs, driveway beside foodpark, illegal parking had resumed again. :angry:

My unit

- my unit got a crackline in 1 of e walls, frm floor 2 ceiling. It was not there during day 1.

- its not hairline crack, its those ugly snake look-alike 1-2mm crack.

- if i had done my reno, most likely my contractor wld b e scapegoat.

- gota ask hdb Building Services Centre 2 rectify ASAP. :(

:rolleyes:

Edited by jaCKY777

Yeah, my chain was cut too. But I had nothing in the house then. Castle lock's $128.

- 2 massage & foot reflexology parlours had somehow invaded in2 e 79 neighbourhood.

- 1 is beside e small ID firm, 1 is beside foodpark.

- 'special service' anot, i dun noe. Those who had tried, mayb can update. :notti:

:rolleyes:

Yah, 2 massage & foot reflexology parlours! I hope they are not the dingy sort.

shall we organise a dog outing after we have more or settled in?

Would love to tag along. But I dun have a dog. =P

Anyway, just wish to report that we have officially landed! HELLO ALL NEIGHBOURS and to the new neighbour staying on the same floor. :D

Opened the doors to our new investment today afternoon. Has to admit it was a bit small...now need to crack our heads on how to arrange the furniture. :sport-smiley-004:

Hehe. Welcome & have a smooth reno. =)

eyyyy..... i never tried that b4... hahaaha u might wanna try n tell me... no need use often ar... just when u wanna get rid of that rust thingy.. then u use coke ar..... :unsure:

Coke? Did you say coke??!!! Why can ah?

Msg from TPY Central Zone "2" RC -----

Hi All,

Please note that there is a Complimentary Health Screening (Free) at Toa

Payoh Central CC Multi-Purpose Hall, Level 2, on Saturday, 28 June 2008

from 9.00 am to 2.00 pm. It has been organised specially for residents of

all ages living in Toa Payoh Central.

The package includes : Blood Cholesterol Test, Blood glucose Test, Blood

Pressure Management, Body Mass Index and Health Advice & Recommendation.

For registration, please call 68545503 / 68545501. The deadline for

registration is 23 June 08. Would appreciate it very much if you could

pass this information to your residents and members at this month's monthly

meeting. Thanks.

Another msg from TPY Central Zone "2" RC

Zone ‘4’ have 11 Dengue cases now, you are advise not to go near that area for the time being, please also assist to past the information to your neighbours.

I would like to highlight the situation of the dengue cluster at Lorong 2 Toa Payoh (Blk 99A, 99B) / Lorong 3 Toa Payoh (Blk 96, 97). 11 dengue fever cases were reported.

The location of the dengue cases are tabulated below:

Case Location Notify Date

97 Lorong 3 Toa Payoh 30/05/2008

99B Lorong 2 Toa Payoh 30/05/2008

99B Lorong 2 Toa Payoh 29/05/2008

99B Lorong 2 Toa Payoh 27/05/2008

99A Lorong 2 Toa Payoh 25/05/2008

99A Lorong 2 Toa Payoh 23/05/2008

99A Lorong 2 Toa Payoh 22/05/2008

97 Lorong 3 Toa Payoh 22/05/2008

96 Lorong 3 Toa Payoh 22/05/2008

99A Lorong 3 Toa Payoh 22/05/2008

99B Lorong 2 Toa Payoh 14/05/2008

Anyone planning to change the lockset for the main door? I am looking for fingerprint lockset but it is selling very expensive outside. I am trying to look for cheaper sources. Or anyone here has any lobang to share?

shall we organise a dog outing after we have more or settled in?

hehe SURE!! my suki had met shivan's amber (hope i spell correctly) yesterday.. hehe :notti:

Coke? Did you say coke??!!! Why can ah?

hmm.. i dunno.. haha i see from TV and it works.. :notti:

hehe SURE!! my suki had met shivan's amber (hope i spell correctly) yesterday.. hehe :notti:

hmm.. i dunno.. haha i see from TV and it works.. :notti:

Hi Meowie! Almost correct. It is spelt as Ember... I prefer the E to the A... :notti: Anyway, thanks for dropping by my place last night... :sport-smiley-004:

Sorry Redwyrm, didn't see your sms until much later... Should have asked you to come up and join us... :P

:thumbs up:

ohh... haha redwyrm, u should have just ding dong... and make ur presence known!! haha :D

Ask me for 2 eggs some more...I was thinking whether to hardboiled it or not...hahah!!

Just a note on the Starhub activation (only for those who missed the activation period in Blk B; probably only me :( ). StarHub has assured that as long as you are going to sign up with them, the signal activation fee will be waived (which makes cents to me).

Anyone planning to change the lockset for the main door? I am looking for fingerprint lockset but it is selling very expensive outside. I am trying to look for cheaper sources. Or anyone here has any lobang to share?

I know a friend who imports his own brand and is marketing it himself. I'm not very sure about the brand though. If you are interested, PM me. I can pass his contact to you.

I know a friend who imports his own brand and is marketing it himself. I'm not very sure about the brand though. If you are interested, PM me. I can pass his contact to you.

Yes, pls pm me. Thanks.

Ask me for 2 eggs some more...I was thinking whether to hardboiled it or not...hahah!!

haha the one who asked for the eggs is my hubby.... :notti::notti:

why u never join us??