Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
also, heard somebody say clothes hanger in the kitchen cost HDB $1k to install, is this true?

This is what my friend who works in HDB told me. :)

Heavy thunderstorms again!

for those staying facing the city, do you encounter that the corridor outside your main door will be all wet. my slippers usually will get soaked.

do you think we can request HDB to install rain protectors?

Hi u shifted in already?

Consider havent ba or half half... i myself also confused. :dunno:

can someone pls share with me the contact of Mr Low who sells the castle lock? thanks.

9757 7780

This is what my friend who works in HDB told me. :)

Heavy thunderstorms again!

for those staying facing the city, do you encounter that the corridor outside your main door will be all wet. my slippers usually will get soaked.

do you think we can request HDB to install rain protectors?

Erm..nope. But then again, I am in blk 79E

Hi Mapleleaf, did that happened a few days ago too? We are from the same block, perhaps the thieves were making their rounds there? Heard my neighbour's stuffs are quite heavy, so guessed there are 2 or more thieves carrying the goods away.

Think our unit layout is the same, can pm me yr floor and i pop by to visit one day? Thanks :yamseng:

Nope, happened a couple of months back when I just started renovations.

PM you already.

:)

Hey neighbours,

- any 1 got a bedrm dr (left swing) 2 let go ?

- i need 1 s i'm relocating my master bedrm dr. :o

- orig is right swing, if can turn e lockset arnd, then e dr can b reused liao. :unsure:

:rolleyes:

I'm changing my bedroom doors, so can give you. Problem is, I'm not sure which way they open and also, how to take out and pass you har? Will be going down to my unit this Sat about noon. If convenient, can pop by mine and see if the door(s) are useful to you. PM me if you can make it for Sat. :)

Hello neighbours,

I've a problem here but dunno if its the norm..

I wanted my foyer area to be pebble wash.. but later on decided to change it to another tone of tiles.. different from the main homo tiles.

My ID quoted me $2.50psf so any tiles more than that have to top up the diff..

My foyer tiles is $3 psf..

At first he told me the foyer area needs abt 50 tiles.. so by right should be the diff in tiles, $3-$2.50=$0.50,

then multiply 50 tiles.. = $25

But he charging me $250.. reason being..

- cos i requested for a slope cut (pic below), one cut $75, there are 2, so 2x$75 = $150

- i changed the tiles fr pebble wash to this tiles so the workers have to come another day so need to pay them workmanship pay $50

- then he charge me instead of $0.50 psf he charge $0.60 cos GST

- he claim he order 70 tiles.. so 70x$0.60=$42.. but he round up to $50..

So total $50 + $50 + $150 = $250..

Is it reasonable? i asked him he told me it is standard.. very cheap le..

What i dun understand is that the foyer is only a small area and the diff in tiles is only $0.50 yet it can amt to 10x the price..

What do ur neighbours feel? I really need some comments and guidance

Hello neighbours,

I wanted my foyer area to be pebble wash.. but later on decided to change it to another tone of tiles.. different from the main homo tiles.

At first he told me the foyer area needs abt 50 tiles.. so by right should be the diff in tiles, $3-$2.50=$0.50,

- cos i requested for a slope cut (pic below), one cut $75, there are 2, so 2x$75 = $150

- i changed the tiles fr pebble wash to this tiles so the workers have to come another day so need to pay them workmanship pay $50

What i dun understand is that the foyer is only a small area and the diff in tiles is only $0.50 yet it can amt to 10x the price..

CIMG0312.jpg

Case study of a 4-rm 90sqm unit with entrance foyer ->

- base on my unit, foyer area = rectangular area between main entrance & household shelter wall-line, HHS door on 1 side, kitchen entrance on e other.

- tile needed at foyer area = foyer floor area + skirting area + 10% wastage = 5.797sqm.

- 5.797sqm = 5.797sqm x 10.765 = 62.40sqft aprox. 63sqft.

- tile priced by supplier = $3.00 per sq feet

- cement & sand = $1.50 psf (approx)

- labour to lay = $1.50 psf (approx)

- profit by ID/main contractor $0.50 psf (approx)

- cost incur to layman to lay $3 psf tile at foyer = ($3 + $1.50 + $ 1.50 + $0.50)psf x 63sqft = $409.50 approx $410.

- supply material & labour including sand & cement to lay pebbles wash = $350 approx (lump sum normally). Also depends on size of area to be laid.

- if initially was to lay pebbles wash, subsequently replace with $3psf floor tiles, my method of calculating ->

= total unit's flooring cost - foyer area pebbles wash cost + foyer area tiling cost

= $5000 (approx) - $350 (approx) + $410 (approx)

= $5060 (approx).

- e difference between e new tiling cost & pebbles wash cost wil b e additional amount 1 needs to pay.

- it olso depends on how much e pebbles wash was quoted in e 1st place. It may end up do not need to top-up.

- if e difference is very minimal, e ID/contractor may choose 2 absorb it.

- theoretically, $0.50 x 50 pcs of tile = top-up amount is right.

- practically, its wrong.

- cutting tile $150, labour for workmanship $50, 70 pcs of tiles $50 DO NOT MAKE SENSE TO ME

- 1 cant control how e ID/contractor gona charge u, but 1 can bargain with them 2 reduce e amount.

e above is base on my knowledge, prices r indicative, not reflecting current market value or representing any ID/contractor co.

Hello neighbours,

i was around when my contractor cut the tiles.. took him less than 20 sec to cut the tile. Hence $150 is totally unreasonable. If he order 70 tiles, allow him to do that since the price is not a lot. BUT count n ask him for whatever is LEFTOVER! make sure dun let him eat loh...

Hi guys esp Mummies and Daddies in Toa Payoh.

Ministry of Education's MOE ExCEL Fest is back again!!

This is a yearly event which showcases and celebrate the success of schools and students. Will like to invite all of you to join us at this event which will be held at Suntec City on 4th and 5th July 2008!

Parents with kids going to Primary one, there will be a special forum organized FOC for you!! Invited speakers include Joe Augustin, a parent volunteer, principals from a kindergarten and a primary school.... hear from different perspectives on how we can help our little ones get ready for primary 1.

Parents with kids in different age groups, there are also other talks etc going on for you too to attend and find out about the ever changing educational landscape.

I'm really here just to share this good news of this event as it takes a village to raise a child(hahahahha one of our pavillion where u can see an old classroom and play games is named after this). I'm sure our kampung of 79ers will support right???

To have more details on how to sign up for this event, click here:

http://excelfest.com/loadhtml.php?where=ex...p;what=main.php

and we even have a facebook account!!!! WOOHOO!!

thanks everyone and do spread the word!! THANKS!!!

PS:I'M PUBLICIZING THIS COS I'M A TINY LITTLE PART IN THIS COMMITTEE AND SERIOUSLY, THOUGHT THIS WILL CREATE AWARENESS TO EVERYONE ON WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE EDUCATION SCENE. KUDOS AND AGAPE! WE ARE FELLOW KAMPONGERS! PLS DON'T SHOOT ANY ARROW! THANKS! :yamseng:

Edited by strawberry_pear

Oh dear. =( Have you spoken to the sales pple since yesterday?

I have not spoken to them cos the last time i call them when i got prob he ask me call the HQ.

I sooooo angry again today!!!! really very piss with them and their service. Wad happen was:

Last week i arranged for service technician to come to re-do the piping for our aircon today, and my husband took leave. agreed on the earliest slot and was supposed to be 10.30am. then at 11am no one came. i called the lady (her name is Lena / Lina) and ask her abt it and she said yest she call me and no one ans the call so they change it to 4pm. waaaah lauuu lor..... then i told them say i got NO calls from them at all and even if i didnt ans, how can they anyhow change my appt time. and i ask her to check and get the man to come earlier cos this piping thing is gonna do for anther few hrs.

after 30mins the lady nv call me and i called back and she say 'ar, i wanted to call u then u call liao' KNS lor... everytime also say this sentence..... then she told me: 'the man who is supposed to go had injured his hand and is getting MC and cant come. we have to re-schedule the appt."

soooooooooooooooo angry!!!!!!!!!!! and i told her that we purposely take off today so as to do this re-piping and now he cant come and we have to take another day leave again... and she say: "ya i understand, so can i re-schedule for next tues appt"

PISSSSSSSS lor.

i so piss till i ask her to get someone down to remove all the aircons and pipes and refund me 100% of the money i have paid and i'm going to another company to buy my aircon and she say CANNOT. then she ask me to make appt again for next week and i sooo piss till i shout into her ears and say 'DO U UNDERSTAND MANDARIN? I dont believe your company so big and you have have 1 technician!" and she say he is the better one. so means the other technicians are the lousy one lor...... then she say no la....

soooo angry lor. i ask her to go schedule someone to come today and i told her I DONT CARE, either she get someone down today or she give me 100% refund.

Everyone..... i'm reali **** piss with their service standards and their irresponsibilities

I am sure There're a lot of better aircon companies out there.... even if the price is a bit higher.... do not buy from BEST TECH cos no point trying to save that little bit of $$ and end up with all these problems.

:curse:

Hey neighbours,

- any 1 got a bedrm dr (left swing) 2 let go ?

- i need 1 s i'm relocating my master bedrm dr. :o

- orig is right swing, if can turn e lockset arnd, then e dr can b reused liao. :unsure:

- i olso got a new pcs of 4ft x 2ft 12mm thk tinted tempered glass 2 let go.

- selling at token amount. If nobody wans, then gota throw away liao. :o

Hi Jacky777,

I can help u check if my neighbour has got the left swing Bedroom door..

I got my left swing door from Sushibabe.. but her's is toilet door so dun have the keyhole.. but i managed to swop wif my existing right swing MBR door..

After i got it from Sushibabe then i realised my neighbour also got the left swing door already with keyhole..

Do u still need it? i can ask..

Then do u still have the glass? can i have it?

Thanks

Haha we will be going down to our flat to see FS and clr up the mess of phamplets tmr afternoon. Hopefully can meet new neighbors ard. :D

Haha we will be going down to our flat to see FS and clr up the mess of phamplets tmr afternoon. Hopefully can meet new neighbors ard. :D

Hi Vlanze,

If you want can come down in the morning :D

I will be there till noon i guess.

PM me if u interested :notti:

Anyway nothing much to see also ah. Only floor tiles and ceiling.

:yamseng:

Hi Dracula,

Would love to but we have something on in the morning so would most probably reach there around 3+pm. Guess another time bah :(

Anyway, would also wanna check whether Aunt Fatimah is active in the mscp in our blocks. Not free parking on Sun, is it?

Hi Vlanze,

If you want can come down in the morning :D

I will be there till noon i guess.

PM me if u interested :notti:

Anyway nothing much to see also ah. Only floor tiles and ceiling.

:yamseng: