Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi all, need to gather some feedbacks regarding LCD tv size in the living room, especially from those staying in 75sqm units. I am eyeing 37" to 42" but am quite worried that they will be too big and uncomfortable for viewing in our puny living rooms. :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I cooked a lot and I feel tempered glass backing is still the best.

So when will we have a chance to sample your cooking? :notti:

Maybe we should hold a pot luck 1 of these days and we can sample your cooking! haha... :dribble:

:thumbs up:

Maybe we should hold a pot luck 1 of these days and we can sample your cooking! haha... :dribble:

:dribble:

Hi all, need to gather some feedbacks regarding LCD tv size in the living room, especially from those staying in 75sqm units. I am eyeing 37" to 42" but am quite worried that they will be too big and uncomfortable for viewing in our puny living rooms. :bangwall:

hi, mine is 42". You might wanna come n see mine to gauge for urself? :unsure:

can... pot luck as in everyone 1 dish wor!!! why just test my cooking ar?? hehehe...

i dun mind.. we find 1 weekend la... then after eating, it's MAHJONG time!! i buy my mahjong set le... hahaa heng heng set!! :notti::notti:

sha sha sha!!!

ey redwyrm, dun just drool..... join us la.. then be 1 of the mahjong "leg"....

Edited by meowie49

can... pot luck as in everyone 1 dish wor!!! why just test my cooking ar?? hehehe...

i dun mind.. we find 1 weekend la... then after eating, it's MAHJONG time!! i buy my mahjong set le... hahaa heng heng set!! :notti::notti:

haha... waiting for us to hold opening ceremony for your MJ set arh? :notti: Next time must book ppl in advance if want to play MJ :bleah: especially Redwyrm! haha... :D

sha sha sha!!!

ey redwyrm, dun just drool..... join us la.. then be 1 of the mahjong "leg"....

sure sure :notti: but that day just finished MJ so too tired to go for 2nd round.. :P Let me know if you require a "leg" :sport-smiley-018:

haha... waiting for us to hold opening ceremony for your MJ set arh? :notti: Next time must book ppl in advance if want to play MJ :bleah: especially Redwyrm! haha... :D

:rolleyes:

Edited by Redwyrm

I got a 37" for my living room but have yet to install it to view. :D

sure sure :notti: but that day just finished MJ so too tired to go for 2nd round.. :P Let me know if you require a "leg" :sport-smiley-018:

:rolleyes:

hehe sure... that day was too last min too.. hehe I was in the kitchen washing up after cooking.. then heard mahjong sound... DANG!!!! then gian play mahjong.. hahaha ...... :unsure::unsure:

hi all,

me and hubby went to isetan orchard to shop for induction pan. Initially, we are looking for tefal pans (we did buy some). While walking, we saw this Berndes 28cm pan. The original price is $269. However, the sales price is $58!! If u are looking for a 28cm pan, you might wanna consider this offer. Berndes is quite a good brand in the industry and we have used it to cook spagetti and pork chop yesterday. hahaa PERFECT heat!! we just love this pan. :D

(I do not sell this pan and i am not a friend of the promoter. Just wanna share good things :D)

hi,

i have some comments to make. (Not personal attack ar..)

I cooked a lot and I feel tempered glass backing is still the best.

1) Stainless steel backing is very nice and can drill . But, it is really hard to maintain. Scratches easily. Oil stains easily. In order to maintain its shine, U will have to take a long long time to apply oil.

2) Wall tiles ( if u mean those small small tiles) is worst.. Also nice to see.. but after 1-2 times of FRYING... haha, i tell u, it wont be as nice to see those oil stain on them. Maintenance is even harder.

3) Tempered glass backing also got som drawbacks ar... firstly, cannot drill. Everything also have to stick. Also need maintenances. Everytime after cooking, have to use magic clean to spray n wipe with cloths.. Then use newspaper to wipe it dry.

Overall, anything u installed also need maintenance. But unless urs is a showroom kitchen, tempered glass is still the best choice coz it is least maintenance. (This is my personal opinion.. And it might defer from others.. :D)

Hey meowie49,

- gd analysis u wrote there. :good:

- mayb those who hav more hands-on (esp hsewife) wil hav a more in-depth explanation on e different types of backing. :P

- aniway, can i order 'black pepper chicken chop' & 'whiskey on-e-rocks'? :notti:

- while u all play ur majong, i njoy my food & drink at e bar-counter. i dun mind self-service. :dancingqueen:

:sport-smiley-004:

Hey meowie49,

- gd analysis u wrote there. :good:

- mayb those who hav more hands-on (esp hsewife) wil hav a more in-depth explanation on e different types of backing. :P

- aniway, can i order 'black pepper chicken chop' & 'whiskey on-e-rocks'? :notti:

- while u all play ur majong, i njoy my food & drink at e bar-counter. i dun mind self-service. :dancingqueen:

:sport-smiley-004:

just for the word "housewife" you shall get Suki's freshly made Chocolate Cake and Suki's Crysanthemum delight. :furious:

BTW, I am not a housewife hor... working at home doesnt make me a housewife!! :bleah:

just for the word "housewife" you shall get Suki's freshly made Chocolate Cake and Suki's Crysanthemum delight. :furious:

BTW, I am not a housewife hor... working at home doesnt make me a housewife!! :bleah:

buahahahaha!

Btw, I do not cook much. My kitchen backing is a long piece of stainless steel - recommendation from my mom who cooks alot.

Anyone knows when do we need to pay the tv license $? I've just installed my tv last weekend & i heard that pple got fined becos they never pay tv license $.

Some time back, i received a letter saying that i can pay the tv license $ thru GIRO. I think the letter is from IRAS. Attached was a GIRO form but i think it never tell me when i need to pay the tv license $.

Ya, I also wanna know

Anyone interested to install solar film to block the uv? I am sourcing and found one which is cheaper than 3M and Vcool. Can install on all windows at below $500. The film is from Korea.

Hmm..I am not getting enough sunlight. Poor clothes.

Bt your film sounds cheap. =)

Actually when i bought my tv, the sales person calculated the distance from wall to wall, the max is 37".

if too big, watch too long will be giddy and picture also no nice.

Anyway, I bought a 32" looks small on the wall but the picture is ok and not straining on the eyes. If you interested can come my unit take a look :)

Edited by howlupjac

Tks all, will see when I'm free to drop by for house-visits. Will go to the PC show this wkend to recce for gd stuff.:)

Edited by Vlanze

Hi Speedmover,

We have "booked" our gas heater from CityGas on 30JUN. Its also 8L.. they say will call once ready but yet to hear from them. When did you order the gas heater? :sport-smiley-018:

Hi ryuki,

i had called them since Apr 08 to harass them. so they had called back last week to said that they will come on 17 Jun to fix up the heater. Maybe you should also harass them. :yamseng:

hi stay79,

I am using the shower head provided by hdb.. so far, i have no problem with them... hehe :D

thanks Meowie49 :)

Actually when i bought my tv, the sales person calculated the distance from wall to wall, the max is 37".

if too big, watch too long will be giddy and picture also no nice.

Anyway, I bought a 32" looks small on the wall but the picture is ok and not straining on the eyes. If you interested can come my unit take a look :)

Last night a friend just recommended me a Pioneer Plasma 50", dunno whether it will overkill anot. I'm actually looking for a Panasonic Plasma 42"..