Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Bumpz for the new yr...nice watching the fireworks from our blocks. Quite a gd view, I must say. :)

Anyway, would like to ask all 79-ers whether any of u have gd lobangs for wedding car rentals? I'm looking for a self-driven coupe or similar. Hehe. Tks ya! :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all neighbours as you can see, I am new to the neighbourhood having just moved in.

Talking about Xmas, to all neighbours with children, elderly folks or pregnant wives. Please be very careful when using the pedestrian walkway beside BLK 177, outside the furniture shop on the way to and fro the MRT / interchange. I was nearly run down by an idiotic motorcyclist on Xmas evening while walking back to Blk 79C. :furious: He was riding very fast on the pedestrian pavement and this made me very furious and I shouted at him to tell him to get off the pavement. The motorcyclist not only did not apologize, he challenged me to report him. Frustrated, I called the TPY NPC and feedback to the officer on the other end about this incident and the numerous motorbikes parked illegally there…..

The officer had the cheek to ask me to take pictures of the illegally parked motorcycles and email to Traffic police myself. This remark really pissed me off and I asked the officer sarcastically if he wanted to give me his month end salary since I was doing the police work for him. 8| I told him whether he knew that the problem poses a great danger to residents and pedestrians like myself and asked him whether they would wait till someone gets killed before they would act. Trying to get me off the phone fast, he said he would dispatch a patrol car down to take enforcement action on the motorbikes park illegally (up to 10).

As I needed to go down to popular to get something, I went back down towards the interchange after 20 mins. Guess what, the police never showed up. WTF…

Only then did I notice the full extend of the illegal parking problems by inconsiderate motorist….. almost everyday after that, I would notice at least 10 or more motorcycles parking at the pavement illegally and numerous zipping in and out on the pavement. Isn’t the pedestrian pavement supposed for only pedestrian? I’m wondering why HDB did not install barriers to prevent motorcycles from riding onto the pavement when it is so obvious so many people uses that pavement and why the police from TPY NPC is so lax in their enforcement on this problematic and dangerous area. :furious:

Does anyone know who or which department I should write to to get the problem rectified for the sake of all the children and elderly using that particular pavement?

Hi She_888,

Welcome to the neighbourhood. I understand your frustration and worries regarding the stretch of pavement beside Blk 177 leading to hub. I myself have encountered several near misses with those inconsiderate motorcyclist during the short period residing in Toa Payoh central. As such, my family and I try to avoid walking that stretch as much as possible.

I have tried complaining a couple of times to Toa Payoh NPC and urge them to bring up the issue to HDB as well but after more than 6 months, we can see how much the 2 different entities have done....... probably still trying to Tai Chi the problem away.

I guess you will have to take photos or write to Stomp to catch their attention. Singapore is really hopeless in terms of the govt taking proactive steps to protect the safety of our neighbourhoods. Like we know, someone has to get killed or injured seriously before any solid actions will be considered.

In the meantime, stay safe and keep bombarding the TPY NPC hotline until they get fed up.

Hi yvonnetham,

welcome welcome... :notti:

Based on my knowledge, ROM cert got to be produced within 6mth from the day of key collection. However, max i think can drag to 1 year. For my case, i did it abt 4mth + later and ALWAYS got calls from HDB asking me to submit my ROM cert... :bleah:

Hope this info helps ... :yamseng:

For my case, I got my keys end 2007. Just ROMed not too long ago. Passing them a copy within this week.

Latest I need to produce is by March 2009.

Hi She_888,

Welcome to the neighbourhood. I understand your frustration and worries regarding the stretch of pavement beside Blk 177 leading to hub. I myself have encountered several near misses with those inconsiderate motorcyclist during the short period residing in Toa Payoh central. As such, my family and I try to avoid walking that stretch as much as possible.

I have tried complaining a couple of times to Toa Payoh NPC and urge them to bring up the issue to HDB as well but after more than 6 months, we can see how much the 2 different entities have done....... probably still trying to Tai Chi the problem away.

I guess you will have to take photos or write to Stomp to catch their attention. Singapore is really hopeless in terms of the govt taking proactive steps to protect the safety of our neighbourhoods. Like we know, someone has to get killed or injured seriously before any solid actions will be considered.

In the meantime, stay safe and keep bombarding the TPY NPC hotline until they get fed up.

Hi people

You might want to bring up the issue with Mr. Frankie Tong RC 2 committee chairman. Maybe he can make things work faster. The last time we brought up the 12th floor garden issue, they managed to work on it by installing CCTV after we provided some feedbacks to him.

It was done because situation LL and cover backxxxx. Also, the artists didn't know how to draw the nation flag. If not, they will get the award.

They haven't sort out the problems for the jumpers and something falling from the sky when you walk on the deck.

The See-See TV, it is only useful when they think it is needed. Or is it real? Asked the Police next door, they said refer to council.

Things to be aware of :

- don't be surprise cars or motorcycles coming from the opposite direction just for their stupid ideas (within the carpark and entrance/exit). I encountered a few times already - what it is doing.

- the carpark is dark with the lights on, even day & night.

- by this time, any lots below 5th floor should be colored red - for residents only or not enough.

Edited by xinni

Hi She_888,

not uncommon..esp the carpark behind blk 177. Motorists likes to ride their bikes up the curbs to avoid paying the carpark fees..My wife and i got a scare near the RC Centre opp the goreng pisang stall. One motorist was avoiding the barrier by riding up the curb and brake when he saw us...

haiz..many times liao...

Hi people

You might want to bring up the issue with Mr. Frankie Tong RC 2 committee chairman. Maybe he can make things work faster. The last time we brought up the 12th floor garden issue, they managed to work on it by installing CCTV after we provided some feedbacks to him.

- correct. :sport-smiley-003:

- e 'No Parking' signages had oleady been put up, on e lamposts beside e furniture shop.

:fire:

- in my opinion, stationary bikes r less dangerous to pedestrains s compare 2 moving vehicles.

:o

It was done because situation LL and cover backxxxx. Also, the artists didn't know how to draw the nation flag. If not, they will get the award.

They haven't sort out the problems for the jumpers and something falling from the sky when you walk on the deck.

The See-See TV, it is only useful when they think it is needed. Or is it real? Asked the Police next door, they said refer to council.

Things to be aware of :

- don't be surprise cars or motorcycles coming from the opposite direction just for their stupid ideas (within the carpark and entrance/exit). I encountered a few times already - what it is doing. -->> True

- the carpark is dark with the lights on, even day & night. -->> True

- by this time, any lots below 5th floor should be colored red - for residents only or not enough. -->> True

- 1st thing 2 add is e humps along e driveways. In my opinion, it is not effective enuf. Many a times, i had seen vehicles sped across e humps, they do not slow dn wen approaching e hump, do not give way to pedestrains wen required.

- ironically, e fastest car travelling on e driveway behind e mscp is e white color car w blue & red lites w speaker. Think they only loose abit to F1 drivers.

:bow:

- 2nd thing 2 add is e speed limit in e mscp. Cars travel at high speed w/o headlite on, in my opinion, it endangers all ppl in e mscp.

- 3rd thing 2 add is e STOP line or signage on e lowest deck, jus b4 e ramp-up to upper deck, in my opnion, they r not prominent enuf.

- vehicle cuming frm e mscp front shd stop & give way to vehicle cuming frm e mscp bak, b4 turning & move up e ramp. In many cases, i do not see it being practiced.

- it wld b a 'head-on collision' if both vehicle travelling in different direction fails to kip left & stop b4 e STOP line.

!! :no:

not uncommon..esp the carpark behind blk 177. Motorists likes to ride their bikes up the curbs to avoid paying the carpark fees..My wife and i got a scare near the RC Centre opp the goreng pisang stall. One motorist was avoiding the barrier by riding up the curb and brake when he saw us...

haiz..many times liao...

- dis 'tactic' had been going on at all e carpark exits around e area for quite sometime liao.

- esp e riders frm e fast food restaurant at blk 190, bikers who use blk 190 parking space, they wld exit on e pavement starting frm e traffic lite beside e cakeshop.

- regarding e riders frm Macdonalds Central, frm my bedrm window, i can see them riding on e red brick & tile pavement. They wld park their bikes either on e double-yellow line of e tarmac rd or on e pavement near e restaurant's side ntrance. Wen goin delivery, they wld ride at a speed which easily overtakes e moving vehicles on e rd & exit in front of e pt. blk wher RC zone 2 office is.

- not 4geting e noise they produce wen they high rev their bikes' ngine.

:jawdrop:

Edited by jaCKY777

Hi people

Hi Alister,

Thanks for your advise. Can you give me his email address or contact number so that I can email to him with my concern and complaints. I can’t seem to locate his email on the web. Thanks

Hi Alister,

Thanks for your advise. Can you give me his email address or contact number so that I can email to him with my concern and complaints. I can’t seem to locate his email on the web. Thanks

Here's the email address - tpcrc2@gmail.com (address to Mr Frankie Tong)

APPEAL TO HDB FOR MORE SEASON PARKING LOTS

Hi neighbours,

I’m planning to use this post to collect signatures to complaint and appeal to HDB to draw up more season parking lots or install ERP based parking system for our Multi-storey carpark.

Having lived here for over a year, I notice the parking situation is getting from bad to worse. Many of us who comes home after 9pm will have to endure the long drive up to either Deck 5 or even Deck 6 to secure a parking lot. And this makes it unsafe for many women drivers as the decks on the higher floors seems to be dimly lit and a good place for crime to take place.

I have also notice many non-residents (as well as a few Malaysian registered vehicles) abusing the lack of enforcement in our MSCP and leaving their cars their overnight, many without displaying valid parking coupons. These people are taking up valuable lots on the lower decks and cause much inconvenience to residents who own cars.

The problem is also bad during the day as I notice many property agents and non residents living their car there and walking over to HDB hub instead of utilizing the many lots at HDB hub. It’s not uncommon to have to drive up to Deck 4 or higher to get a lot in the day.

As such, I hope all neighbors living in 79, who drives will pledge their voice here so that we have a united voice to make HDB take action.

Signatures

1) Pooh_75

Edited by Pooh_75

APPEAL TO HDB FOR MORE SEASON PARKING LOTS

Hi neighbours,

I’m planning to use this post to collect signatures to complaint and appeal to HDB to draw up more season parking lots or install ERP based parking system for our Multi-storey carpark.

Having lived here for over a year, I notice the parking situation is getting from bad to worse. Many of us who comes home after 9pm will have to endure the long drive up to either Deck 5 or even Deck 6 to secure a parking lot. And this makes it unsafe for many women drivers as the decks on the higher floors seems to be dimly lit and a good place for crime to take place.

I have also notice many non-residents (as well as a few Malaysian registered vehicles) abusing the lack of enforcement in our MSCP and leaving their cars their overnight, many without displaying valid parking coupons. These people are taking up valuable lots on the lower decks and cause much inconvenience to residents who own cars.

The problem is also bad during the day as I notice many property agents and non residents living their car there and walking over to HDB hub instead of utilizing the many lots at HDB hub. It’s not uncommon to have to drive up to Deck 4 or higher to get a lot in the day.

As such, I hope all neighbors living in 79, who drives will pledge their voice here so that we have a united voice to make HDB take action.

Signatures

1) Pooh_75

2) meepok

3) Babymaro2003

I'm always wondering if all the cars in the MSCP belong to 79 residents... if so, that's alot of cars!

As I'm always seeing many cars parked overnight without displaying coupons... but with the RFID season disc... so I presume they are all season parking holders.

But it's high time the authorities designate red lots for the lower 3 to 4 levels... that will suss out who are the season holders and who are the leechers.

Come this CNY and we'll definitely see many cars parked along the front and back service roads, creating a single lane only driveway for the 2 days... as many will be too lazy to drive up the higher levels for empty lots. So what shall the season holders do then when most of the lots are taken up by visitors??

Well, if you can't beat them join them... although in some isolated cases, you burn them! LOL!

Edited by meepok

This forum moving too slowing. Thot I post some interesting news if I come across any ...

Beware of the 'Curse of Silence' mobile phone attack

By Jasmine Osada (14th Jan 2009)

If you are using a Nokia phone running the Symbian OS, be careful when you next receive text message from an unknown source.

According to security systems company Fortinet, a new mobile phone attack, known as the "Curse of Silence" or "Curse SMS", was recently discovered and revealed at the 25th Chaos Communication Congress, an annual meeting of the international hacker community.

The attack involves sending a maliciously crafted SMS to potential targets. Upon receipt, the targeted device may no longer be able to receive SMS or MMS messages.

Depending on the operating system version of the targeted mobile phone, the device may require a factory reset to properly function again.

Fortinet has identified the Symbian OS in its list of vulnerable software. The operating system is commonly found on smartphones.

Versions of the Symbian OS vulnerable to the "Curse of Silence" attack include:

Symbian OS S60 2nd Edition Feature Pack 2

2nd Edition Feature Pack 3

3rd Edition

3rd Edition Feature Pack 1

Several models of Nokia phones, including several phones of the "N" series up to the N95, and the "E" series up to the E90, as well as older models like the 6680, were named as potentially vulnerable devices by Fortinet.

Mobile phone owners however, can take steps to safeguard their devices from such attacks. Fortinet has released a free-of-charge license to its new FortiCleanup tool, which helps users to recover once their mobile phone has been attacked by the "Curse of Silence" or "Curse SMS" attack.

The tool protects devices by automatically scans and removes malicious messages that are preventing the handset from functioning properly. The FortiCleanup tool can be downloaded from Fortinet's website.

Finally the lifts in 79E have been stripped off the ugly looking wooden walls and flooring to reveal its true form.

Can see the mirror and "Hiao" already

Hehe... :notti:

Here's the email address - tpcrc2@gmail.com (address to Mr Frankie Tong)

Dear Neighbours...

Feeling frustrated with the illegally parking situation of motorcycles beside BLK 177 and the inaction of our local enforcement agencies, here's my contribution to STOMP............

I hope the media attention will get HDB and Toa Payoh NPC to take immediate preventive actions soon....

"I almost got ran down by this biker at Toa Payoh Central" - under Motoring Goondus

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singapor...id=51351#rating

Channelnewsasia

Rush for 'best job in world' crashes Australian website

Posted: 14 January 2009 1328 hrs

SYDNEY : Huge global interest in "the best job in the world" - earning good money for lazing on a paradise island - has crashed the Australian website where it is advertised, officials said Wednesday.

"We've been inundated, with around 300,000 people visiting the site yesterday," said a spokeswoman for the Queensland state government, which is offering the six-month post of "island caretaker".

"The website crashed - in one hour alone 25,000 people were trying to visit - but we're working on it and it should be up and running again later today," Nicole McNaughton told AFP.

The job pays 150,000 Australian dollars (105,000 US dollars) and includes free airfares from the successful applicant's home country to Hamilton Island on the famed Great Barrier Reef.

In return, the winner will be expected to have as much fun as he or she can - soaking up the sun, swimming, snorkelling, sailing - and report to a global audience via weekly blogs, photo diaries and video updates.

The campaign is a key element in a drive to promote the northeastern Australian state's 18 billion dollar a year tourism industry during the tough global economic climate, officials say.

The winner, who will stay rent-free in a multi-million-dollar three-bedroom beach home, must be over 18, a "fantastic and charismatic" communicator, and able to speak and write English.

"We've had visitors (to the website) from as far and wide as Mongolia and Vatican City" since the job was first widely publicised on Tuesday, McNaughton said.

More than 350 applications had already been submitted before the website crashed -- from Britain, the United States, Australia, Croatia, Turkey, Italy, Germany, Canada, Netherlands and Portugal among other countries.

"The applicants so far have ranged from an Olympic gold medallist from Switzerland to a sun-seeking teenager from England to 'Richard' from the UK who can be seen swimming with the fish in his application," she said.

Candidates are required to create a video application in English of up to one minute explaining why they are uniquely qualified for the job.

Applications are open until February 22. Eleven shortlisted candidates will be flown to Hamilton Island in early May for the final selection process and the six-month contract will commence on July 1.

Job-seekers can apply on www.islandreefjob.com