Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Don't need to wait till National Day dinner to meet the MP lah. Go to the "Meet-The-People Sessions". Check out the Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council website. I'm not sure if this is the right zone for you all here at Blk 79 :-

Dr Ng Eng Hen

Blk 178 Toa Payoh Central, #01-238 S310178.

Tel: 6253 8600 Fax: 6253 1249.

Meet-The-People Sessions are conducted every TUESDAY* from 8pm (*Except Public Holidays)

Good luck

Remember to bring NRIC. ;)

Why not just gather all those wanna complain and march down on tuesday night to meet the MP session and start complaining there.

Hehe... sure blurr one they all... :notti:

Hi Drac,

Good suggestion!! When ar? :sport-smiley-003:

After tat we all go supper: Balestier bak kut teh, Taiwan porridge@TPY gdn.. hee

sometimes i wonder wat is clocking the bills so high. My mum's place (5I), on 2 air-con every night, uses washing machine 2 times a week... bills is just 150-170 per month...

my place (5room), on 1 air-con every night, uses washing machine 1 times a week... bills is 240+ ....

but like everyone says, wait a few mth for the bills to stabilise... :dunno:

Meowie,

you got try monitoring your little wine chiller energy consumption? LCD TV? They consume quite abit of energy besides the aircon.

And as meepok has said, the aircon set at 25 degrees would be the best. You set at 23 degrees also cover thick comforter right? hehe.... :notti:

Hi Meowie,

I tot ur bill tis mth more enouraging news for abt2-move-in Me, wail !

Besides TV, do u use vacumn cleaner much? Ur fridge capacity quite large?

Drac, wine chiller may consume more elec? :dunno: I gotta little1, not used yet, got2 go check wattage..

Edited by Hana79

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Talk about MP, that time the MP knock on my door.. i was wearing a towel.. **** kan cheong.. lol..

Talk about MP, that time the MP knock on my door.. i was wearing a towel.. **** kan cheong.. lol..

Hi Phantom,

Lol, so wat did u do? Let him warm his knuckles while u dressed or, poke ur head rnd door & say I'm bz, pls come back later : ) ?

_______

BTW, my HB came across an appliance over da wkend. Any1 who Lost/Misplaced such, pls PM me w description of item (if not we dispose of in manner deem fit incl. finders' keepers : ) donate2 charity, give2 poor/old folks, etc).

Hi Meowie,

Drac, wine chiller may consume more elec? :dunno: I gotta little1, not used yet, got2 go check wattage..

yeah.. vaccum every alternate day... my fridge ar... eyy.. suppose to be 4 ticks... but it is big lor... the 2 door with ice maker n water dispenser.... Wine chiller no ticks de... :unsure:

hahahahaha.... then how? what is the MP reaction?? lol... :dribble:

wine chiller ar... hmmm.... TV ar... wine chiller on 24-7.. inside got wine leh.... as for TV... hahaha working at home = work + watch TV... hahhaa.. jialat... :o:o

I see how i can cut down on TV... haha thanks.. BTW, the thing u help me buy... quite useful ar... but cannot "kiap" heavy things.. hehehe... thanks ar...

like that then comfortable mah... hahaha... :P

nvm la.. nowaday sleep in living then on fan le... no more air-con room... :(

Haha... no problem. Its meant for light stuffs light tissue, banana skin, newspaper, detergent bags, etc... :notti:

Those are things i found on my ledge. :unsure:

Hi Phantom,

Lol, so wat did u do? Let him warm his knuckles while u dressed or, poke ur head rnd door & say I'm bz, pls come back later : ) ?

_______

BTW, my HB came across an appliance over da wkend. Any1 who Lost/Misplaced such, pls PM me w description of item (if not we dispose of in manner deem fit incl. finders' keepers : ) donate2 charity, give2 poor/old folks, etc).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I peeked through the "little hole" then I kan cheong because they kept pressing the bell.. then i just took a few "quiet steps back and shouted, hold on!

Ran to the room to get some clothes on. lol..

Then I ran back to open the door.. they were abit surprised that I was panting.. lol.. I said doing exercise..

P.S.. my MP is woman..

Hi Drac,

Good suggestion!! When ar? :sport-smiley-003:

After tat we all go supper: Balestier bak kut teh, Taiwan porridge@TPY gdn.. hee

Hi Meowie,

Actually i also dunno. Hehe... maybe someone can suggest a date? we go complain on the electrical bills, killer litters, cleanliness, vandalism @ level 12, hanky panky @ playground during weeee hours....

oh no... too much complains already.... :bleah:

Hi howlupjac,

BOTH. the bill was 100+, then after the rebate this mth, dropped to 90+

My bill came. the amount water + electricity + gas told up to $100+...but i only gotta pay $50+. Same as last month...electricity alone already $70+

looks like I gotta switch on less lights :dunno:

yeah.. vaccum every alternate day... my fridge ar... eyy.. suppose to be 4 ticks... but it is big lor... the 2 door with ice maker n water dispenser.... Wine chiller no ticks de... :unsure:

hahahahaha.... then how? what is the MP reaction?? lol... :dribble:

i think it may not only be the no. of ticks but the size of the fridge and its electrical consumption. Our parents may have been doing a little small $$ saving methods which we do not know how to, tats why our bills are higher.

e.g.

Washing machine - use lesser water and spin dry shorter time = save $$

Fridge get a smaller capacity = save $$

wash floor or toilet - use half pail and dun let the water continuous run = save $$

Lights - switch off those lights you are not using = save $$

Aircon - use temperatures above 25 degrees and timer = save $$

Sweep floor - use broom daily and vacuum once a week = save $$

There should be more stuffs, but those are examples only ah. Need to ask our parents for secret formulas :notti:

Hi DRA

Ironing also consume much of the electricity right? I seldom iron nowadays. Buy those that is not easily crisp.

Same as what you mentioned. So far (1st day move in) I only on the air con less than 1 hour!

My bill for the 1st month is ard; $20+ c/w rebates.

HAPPY

i think it may not only be the no. of ticks but the size of the fridge and its electrical consumption. Our parents may have been doing a little small $$ saving methods which we do not know how to, tats why our bills are higher.

e.g.

Washing machine - use lesser water and spin dry shorter time = save $$

Fridge get a smaller capacity = save $$

wash floor or toilet - use half pail and dun let the water continuous run = save $$

Lights - switch off those lights you are not using = save $$

Aircon - use temperatures above 25 degrees and timer = save $$

Sweep floor - use broom daily and vacuum once a week = save $$

There should be more stuffs, but those are examples only ah. Need to ask our parents for secret formulas :notti:

Update update :thumbs up:

Reno is going into the 3rd wk...living tiles & kitchen bases r up and electrical wiring is done. Now I see many many 'snakes'. Painting and ceiling should be up by end this wk.

Just spent a lot of $$ on lighting and kitchen stuff last wkend. Am now broke. Haha. Now VERY BZ with furniture shopping, not to mention, it's a BIG BIG HEADACHE too. 75sqm is SMALL! Having problems finding the right sofa and dining table. Sad but gd pt is that I can see our hse evolving. :sport-smiley-004:

Catch up with u guys soon ;)

Edited by Vlanze

Update update :thumbs up:

Reno is going into the 3rd wk...living tiles & kitchen bases r up and electrical wiring is done. Now I see many many 'snakes'. Painting and ceiling should be up by end this wk.

Just spent a lot of $$ on lighting and kitchen stuff last wkend. Am now broke. Haha. Now VERY BZ with furniture shopping, not to mention, it's a BIG BIG HEADACHE too. 75sqm is SMALL! Having problems finding the right sofa and dining table. Sad but gd pt is that I can see our hse evolving. :sport-smiley-004:

Catch up with u guys soon ;)

Have fun in the process, just make sure tat nothing goes wrong and do frequent checks on your ID and workers. Ceiling cracks, painting ugly, water leaking, gas leaking, electrical trips, flooring uneven, doors scratch, just ask them to rectify. No need to "Pai Seh" one. Hehe... :notti:

Will definitely do so. Haha.

Talking about door cracks & scratches...dunno wat's the true definition of it? U know our main gate? My gf has turned it into her private sticker-book collection with all the white tapes. Dunno whether those are real scratches or just part of the gate design. HDB ignored those stickers when doing 'rectification works'. Now dunno whether to pursue further. :P

Have fun in the process, just make sure tat nothing goes wrong and do frequent checks on your ID and workers. Ceiling cracks, painting ugly, water leaking, gas leaking, electrical trips, flooring uneven, doors scratch, just ask them to rectify. No need to "Pai Seh" one. Hehe... :notti:

Will definitely do so. Haha.

Talking about door cracks & scratches...dunno wat's the true definition of it? U know our main gate? My gf has turned it into her private sticker-book collection with all the white tapes. Dunno whether those are real scratches or just part of the gate design. HDB ignored those stickers when doing 'rectification works'. Now dunno whether to pursue further. :P

Just compare it with ur neighbours gate and see if its the same. Otherwise can complain again.

Things to take note;

- Remeber to check that the gate handle and side locks have not tarnished and/or rusted, otherwise can change it too.

- Check that all your windows can open smoothly and does not creek or gets stuck.

- Check that your toilet and kitchen tiles are not damaged and the fillings in between does not have holes.

- Most important check that the ceiling and walls do not have cracks.

There are other stuffs to take note too, but these are the more important ones i guess. :notti:

Vlanze,

ur AD is at HIPV?

I was planning to get it in May too, but the later part. how is the perks and the place?

:notti:

Hi DRA

Ironing also consume much of the electricity right? I seldom iron nowadays. Buy those that is not easily crisp.

Same as what you mentioned. So far (1st day move in) I only on the air con less than 1 hour!

My bill for the 1st month is ard; $20+ c/w rebates.

HAPPY

Hi All,

Don't assume that what you are paying to SP is correct. Read on....

Better system needed for meter-reading

(http://www.asiaone.com/News/Mailbox/Story/A1Story20080730-79575.html)

SP SERVICES is back in the news again over inflated bills, after a similar incident two years ago.

The company also announced that it is upgrading to a new billing software as part of its overall business-system upgrading plan.

It has clarified that the overbilling was due to underestimation of April's bills, resulting in higher June electricity bills.

Despite the liberalisation of the energy industry since 2003 and the existence of so many participants in the New Energy Market, electricity-, gas- and water-meter readings for households are still done manually.

SP Services (formerly Power Supply) provides meter-reading for generation companies, retailers and their customers, and data management for billing purposes.

Currently, SP Services field employees visit households to take down the meter-reading for billing purposes.

Probably for cost reasons, actual readings for each customer can be taken only once every two to three months, and SP Services has to make an estimate for the months before the actual meter-reading.

This explains the recurrent billing disputes encountered by its customers. The present billing system also does not help customers track and monitor actual consumption on a monthly basis.

An effective and efficient IT system is fundamental to SP Services' business mission. If it is spending a lot of money on constantly upgrading its IT system to cope with changes in technology and business requirements, why is it not investing in systems that can track actual consumption of customers and consumers directly?

This should not be costly with today's technology, if we can be billed for actual usage of fixed telephone- and mobile-line airtime as well as on-demand video and online games.

Perhaps the industry regulator, the Energy Market Authority, can look into getting market participants to develop the necessary IT systems for the benefit of all - service providers, their customers and the consumers.