Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi

I must say that i am quite surpised at the no of neighbours who supported me at the petition.... thanks to meowie49 for sending out SMS as wad i haf seen in the previous posts...

I could say that i was quite disappointed initially cos there's no replies at all after my post and thats the reason why I 'disappear' here.... However I was real surprised when i log in and saw that there are 26 residents who supported this petition... though it is abt 3% of the residents in Blk79. However I believe I can do it with everyone support....It really doesnt matter at the end if we succeed or not (of course I sincerely hope it will succeed) cos this has shown that how nice and united my neigbours are..... :)

Actually I have the letter ready and wad i need now is name of residents who agree to this petition.... (If you want to take a look at the letter, pls PM me. :) )

I dont know how this will sound... perhaps you guys can give me some ideas or suggestions.... I am looking at going from door to door to ask for names and signature from residents of Blk79.... and hopefully I can have good responses from this and will submit the letter with the names and signature to our Minister.....

Wad do you guys think?? Suggestions / feedbacks are welcome.... of course if you are NOT blk79 residents, I hope you can keep your feedback to yourself cos you do not understand wad we are going through over here. Thanks!!

Edited by shercjw

Hi

I must say that i am quite surpised at the no of neighbours who supported me at the petition.... thanks to meowie49 for sending out SMS as wad i haf seen in the previous posts...

I could say that i was quite disappointed initially cos there's no replies at all after my post and thats the reason why I 'disappear' here.... However I was real surprised when i log in and saw that there are 26 residents who supported this petition... though it is abt 3% of the residents in Blk79. However I believe I can do it with everyone support....It really doesnt matter at the end if we succeed or not (of course I sincerely hope it will succeed) cos this has shown that how nice and united my neigbours are..... :)

Actually I have the letter ready and wad i need now is name of residents who agree to this petition.... (If you want to take a look at the letter, pls PM me. :) )

I dont know how this will sound... perhaps you guys can give me some ideas or suggestions.... I am looking at going from door to door to ask for names and signature from residents of Blk79.... and hopefully I can have good responses from this and will submit the letter with the names and signature to our Minister.....

Wad do you guys think?? Suggestions / feedbacks are welcome.... of course if you are NOT blk79 residents, I hope you can keep your feedback to yourself cos you do not understand wad we are going through over here. Thanks!!

There is no need to say thanks. We are all neighbours and are going thru the same problem. :D

U really wanna go door to door? If so, I do not mind helping. Just let me know when and I will try to help. :D

There is no need to say thanks. We are all neighbours and are going thru the same problem. :D

U really wanna go door to door? If so, I do not mind helping. Just let me know when and I will try to help. :D

Hi , when u guys planning to go door to door? I will like to sign on it.. Are u guys going to submit it on 26 sept during the minister visit?

I think you guys can also illustrate the problem in the letter with our signature on it.

Thanks guy.

A bunches of silly list.

Have anyone ever workout the run and maintaince cost for the so call waz access card system?

How many residences do u have in blk 79? Cao Cao 800 Plus units. If each family core has 4 members, 3200 cards needed to be maintaince. Each card cost $5, $16,000 one time sunk cost. Who to pay? the 25 on the list?

Not to mentioned how many lifts, and the replacement, vandalism within the blocks.... tun and maintaince

Really silly, still harbouring more petition.

No senses.

something to comment on the above quote...

1) Who to pay? the 25 on the list? --- for lift upgrading , there is voting system and the cost is share by resident and gov. Why not suggest the gov to get all B79 owner to vote on the card system, the cost will then be share among us ( better not ask the gov to pay, else they gonna take years to implement) , maybe each household paying $100? well what can $100 do nowaday? and I believe it is not a big amount to shout about. And if there is people who cannot affort, our gov can deduct from cpf, just like what they did for lift upgrading.

2) vandalism within the blocks --- well, with the card system , vandalism is greatly reduce to lobby of B79 if anybody really must do it to B79. Isn't it better then vandalism on everywhere of B79? wouldn't there be more items to replace or repair then?

3) maintaince --- unless we don't need to pay for conservation fee, otherwise we will still be paying for maintaince.4)

4) If each family core has 4 members --- Gov only give us certain number of keys, same should go for the card, if we need more keys/card we simply duplicate it at our own expense.

5) Have anyone ever workout the run and maintaince cost for the so call waz access card system? --- working out the cost is not our job, working out a safe , harmonise enviroment , place for our children to play to grow up, having a peaceful enviroment is our job.

Finally, if people says people from B79 are selfish, don't like to share the peace, the beautiful sky garden, the sense of belonging, they are wrong. We invite friend and relative to our home, not stranger. As for B79, villager and friend r welcome, not troublemaker, just like Singapore , terroris are not welcome.

We each have our own territory to protect, same goes for B79, cos thats our village. Otherwise 'the peak', 'pinnacle' will not be protected with card system too.

One of the table on ground level have been permenatly reserve for board game, are we also going to walk past the sky garden as if it dun belong to us one of this day? Please remember we dun only pay for our unit , we also pay for the sky garden, table and seat etc..

Hey dasimond,

- nice analysis u hav there. :good:

- below is e 'draft outline of e petition' not e actual petition which already been written.

- e compiled list of Renotalk members' names who r in favours r s shown.

- at e end of day, e nos. of signature may well exceed e nos. below cos 1 can bring along their neighbors who r not Renotalk members 2 sign olso.

- interested party, pls PM e co-ordinator, so dat arrangement can b made 4 signing at e earliest date available.

- dun make them walk all e 5 blks of abt >1000 units. :bow:

- or mayb dats not a bad idea, cos can get more signature. :idea::lol::rofl:

Proposal to write a petition to Bishan-ToaPayoh Town Council to install a card access electronic gate to our sky garden

1) so that only residents can access to the garden;

2) so as to minimise non residents 'loitering' around;

3) so as to have a safer environment for fellow 79 residents and their children;

4) so as to enjoy the garden in peace;

5) so as to help to keep our garden clean and nice;

6) so as to minimize unwanted activities at the garden:-

i) playing catching and screaming on top of their voice at 3am;

ii) couples showing public display of affection;

iii) group of teenagers showing their 'musical talent' in the middle of the night;

iv) teenagers sniffing glue;

v) and many many more ..........

Co-ordinator : shercjw

Responses in favour:

1) Shercjw

2) twinklestarzz

3) Stormcontrol

4) Roy777ong

5) Yeoman

6) meowie49

7) M&M

8) Dracula

9) Shivan

10) Alister

11) Meepok

12) Babymaro

13) zanie98

14) ms_white

15) shay_d

16) liana79b

17) pooh_75

18) droplets

19) yhw22

20) zincy

21) Vlanze

22) RacKel

23) xinni

24) CCS79

25) Kinkie

26) joanlebelle

27) dasimond

Edited by jaCKY777

Hi fellow B79 folks, I'm new to the forum here. Just wanna ask you guys sthg which I am curious about. Did you all receive this small invitation flyer to the "W Party"? According to the flyer, it will be held on this Wed (9 Sep) at the roof garden behind 79C @ 8th floor.

Just curious who the organisers are? Quite sceptical about this invitation as there will be the official Block Party coming soon.... any idea pple?

Mirage

Hi fellow B79 folks, I'm new to the forum here. Just wanna ask you guys sthg which I am curious about. Did you all receive this small invitation flyer to the "W Party"? According to the flyer, it will be held on this Wed (9 Sep) at the roof garden behind 79C @ 8th floor.

Just curious who the organisers are? Quite sceptical about this invitation as there will be the official Block Party coming soon.... any idea pple?

Mirage

HAHAHAHAA.... last nite, some of us are at the roof garden discussing abt it too... not sure who organised. :P

Well, we can just gather n make friends. Even if it is a scam, at least we still gained some friendship out of it. :P

something to comment on the above quote...

1) Who to pay? the 25 on the list? --- for lift upgrading , there is voting system and the cost is share by resident and gov. Why not suggest the gov to get all B79 owner to vote on the card system, the cost will then be share among us ( better not ask the gov to pay, else they gonna take years to implement) , maybe each household paying $100? well what can $100 do nowaday? and I believe it is not a big amount to shout about. And if there is people who cannot affort, our gov can deduct from cpf, just like what they did for lift upgrading.

2) vandalism within the blocks --- well, with the card system , vandalism is greatly reduce to lobby of B79 if anybody really must do it to B79. Isn't it better then vandalism on everywhere of B79? wouldn't there be more items to replace or repair then?

3) maintaince --- unless we don't need to pay for conservation fee, otherwise we will still be paying for maintaince.4)

4) If each family core has 4 members --- Gov only give us certain number of keys, same should go for the card, if we need more keys/card we simply duplicate it at our own expense.

5) Have anyone ever workout the run and maintaince cost for the so call waz access card system? --- working out the cost is not our job, working out a safe , harmonise enviroment , place for our children to play to grow up, having a peaceful enviroment is our job.

Finally, if people says people from B79 are selfish, don't like to share the peace, the beautiful sky garden, the sense of belonging, they are wrong. We invite friend and relative to our home, not stranger. As for B79, villager and friend r welcome, not troublemaker, just like Singapore , terroris are not welcome.

We each have our own territory to protect, same goes for B79, cos thats our village. Otherwise 'the peak', 'pinnacle' will not be protected with card system too.

One of the table on ground level have been permenatly reserve for board game, are we also going to walk past the sky garden as if it dun belong to us one of this day? Please remember we dun only pay for our unit , we also pay for the sky garden, table and seat etc..

This sounds good to me....However, it may be difficult to convince other residents to sign the petition. Not every household will share the same sentiments as us. I believe many younger couples will be supportive but i can't say the same for the rest.

Hey dasimond,

- nice analysis u hav there. :good:

- below is e 'draft outline of e petition' not e actual petition which already been written.

- e compiled list of Renotalk members' names who r in favours r s shown.

- at e end of day, e nos. of signature may well exceed e nos. below cos 1 can bring along their neighbors who r not Renotalk members 2 sign olso.

- interested party, pls PM e co-ordinator, so dat arrangement can b made 4 signing at e earliest date available.

- dun make them walk all e 5 blks of abt >1000 units. :bow:

- or mayb dats not a bad idea, cos can get more signature. :idea::lol::rofl:

Proposal to write a petition to Bishan-ToaPayoh Town Council to install a card access electronic gate to our sky garden

1) so that only residents can access to the garden;

2) so as to minimise non residents 'loitering' around;

3) so as to have a safer environment for fellow 79 residents and their children;

4) so as to enjoy the garden in peace;

5) so as to help to keep our garden clean and nice;

6) so as to minimize unwanted activities at the garden:-

i) playing catching and screaming on top of their voice at 3am;

ii) couples showing public display of affection;

iii) group of teenagers showing their 'musical talent' in the middle of the night;

iv) teenagers sniffing glue;

v) and many many more ..........

Co-ordinator : shercjw

Responses in favour:

1) Shercjw

2) twinklestarzz

3) Stormcontrol

4) Roy777ong

5) Yeoman

6) meowie49

7) M&M

8) Dracula

9) Shivan

10) Alister

11) Meepok

12) Babymaro

13) zanie98

14) ms_white

15) shay_d

16) liana79b

17) pooh_75

18) droplets

19) yhw22

20) zincy

21) Vlanze

22) RacKel

23) xinni

24) CCS79

25) Kinkie

26) joanlebelle

27) dasimond

I suggest before we submit the petition to our million dollar minister, we should get the media, e.g. newspaper to cover our story and get some public attention.

This will add some juice and stress on the Town council and minister to take our petition seriously. Anyone here got friends working in SPH?? It will be useful if they get a tipoff :)

I suggest before we submit the petition to our million dollar minister, we should get the media, e.g. newspaper to cover our story and get some public attention.

This will add some juice and stress on the Town council and minister to take our petition seriously. Anyone here got friends working in SPH?? It will be useful if they get a tipoff :)

- there is.

- she lives in either blk A or B.

- 4goten wat's her nick liao.

- if i'm not wrong, those articles on 'property matters' r written by her.

- if i'm wrong, then its too bad.

- if 'u' happen 2 b reading dis, pls provide assistance.

:P

This sounds good to me....However, it may be difficult to convince other residents to sign the petition. Not every household will share the same sentiments as us. I believe many younger couples will be supportive but i can't say the same for the rest.

Thats why there is a thing call voting...

Before voting start, ideas need a salesman ( I mean ideas need to be sold )

Younger couples should be open with this concept..

As for those from en-bloc whom mostly are older folks, we need to understand their problem.. what I feel is they will find it troublesome, and of cos $$. So we need to show them benefit.

What you can tell the older resident if u guys are going for door to door -

1) the value of their flat can fetch higher price. Paying a few hundred for the card setup now can eventually fetch a return much higher then that if they sell the house.

2) Since most of them are older folks, tell them the danger / show them truth. Recently there are people pretending to do repair job for elderly but is to steal from them instead, show them , scare them. Maybe can even ask if they are victim of any mischief to their flat, 1st hand encounter is even better.

3) No need to tell them too much liao, will confuse them, go straight to the point.

4) Pass them a pen, ask them to sign , carry on to next unit and remember write down their unit number beside the signature.

For younger resident -

1) Tell them the same thing, cos you are telling the truth nothing but the truth :)

Good Luck. by the way this weekend got IT show, younger couple might not be around or at mothers place for dinner. Maybe can also make use of the minister visit next sat, set up a table asking for support, that is the time n place most B79 villagers will be gathering.

Oh ya, before going door to door , get the petition sign as many as possible by you guys 1st, in this world follower are more then initiater.

Good Luck, future of B79 is in your hand ( organiser and helper )

- there is.

- she lives in either blk A or B.

- 4goten wat's her nick liao.

- if i'm not wrong, those articles on 'property matters' r written by her.

- if i'm wrong, then its too bad.

- if 'u' happen 2 b reading dis, pls provide assistance.

:P

Haha, ask Chen Tian Wen lor. Anyway, dun know he still staying here or not.

I am not sure what is written to eye of minister, one thing I feel is that, if we villagers of B79 can pay for the card system without using gov money, chances are , you guys might succeed. Of cos, if the gov are willing to pay will be better, but in the letter, highlight to them we are not intenting to use gov $$ to build a safer, close knitted village, we are requesting for their expertise support n approval only

If we still harbour the hope of gov paying for it... ... difficult. To their worry is , if B79 can have card system after completing the building , why not other block ? But if we resident pay for it is another story.

And if succeed , there will be a headline story again, this time a positive one. Our gov will be so proud to tell others, neighbours in B79 of all race/age coming together to push for a better/safer enviroment...

no more news on people drying their cloths on B79 playground, suicide, murder , etc

GOOD LUCK

Mirage

I have not seen this flyer, maybe I always recycle them b4 reading it.

"W Party" = workers party ?