Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yewmun@yahoo.com

Hitachi Washing Machine

Hi, all.

Has anyone used Hitachi washing machine before? Is it good? The salesperson at Kong Tai keep on recommending me to get this brand wor say the clothes won't get tangled up after the wash has been completed. :rolleyes:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'm thinking of getting a Hitachi washing machine (8kg) next week. The lowest quote I received so far was Mega Discount Store, $450.

May I know how much did Kong Tai quote u? Thanks. :)

Edited by forgotten

Hi, forgotten.

The last time I checked with them was last year. Think it was also around $450 but I can check out for you as I am always around their area (Jurong West) every Sat. You let me know which model u want then I can check for u? But out of curiousity, what make u want to buy Hitachi brand washign machine?

Hi, forgotten.

The last time I checked with them was last year. Think it was also around $450 but I can check out for you as I am always around their area (Jurong West) every Sat. You let me know which model u want then I can check for u? But out of curiousity, what make u want to buy Hitachi brand washign machine?

It's Hitachi SF80KJ, topload, 8kg. Thanks in advance for helping me check out its price (including delivery fee)! :)

Sumsung's 8kg topload machine is $439. Hehe I rather pay $10 more for a Japan brand although I know the machines are not made in Japan. I did a brief online search on LG, Sumsung and Hitachi washing machine reviews. Sumsung and LG machines use less water and electricity than Hitachi one, so they help to save on the utility bill. LG machines seem to break down more often than the other two brands.

I was quite shocked to read that there are 2 forumers' grandmas, whose Hitachi washing machines are still working after 40 years. :o And there are a handful of other forumers, whose Hitachi washing machines are still working after 10 years.

Above are my humble opinions. I may be wrong, as I didn't do readings on the different models.

I think every brand has its pros and cons. It really depends on your individual preference and budget. I'm going for a cheap cheap washing machine, so I'm looking at only Asia brands. :P

Edited by forgotten

Hi, Forgotten.

Went to check the washing machines prices for u at Kong Tai yest,

1. Hitachi SF-80KJ (8kg)=$488

2. Hitachi SF-90KJS (9kg) = $598

2. Samsung WA10V5 (8kg)= $430

3. Panasonic NA-F80B1HRQ (8kg)= $480

Delivery is FOC but they only make deliveries from Mon to Sat....

Hope the above info helps.... u can loo for this guy called Wenbin.... friendly chap!

Hi, Forgotten.

Went to check the washing machines prices for u at Kong Tai yest,

1. Hitachi SF-80KJ (8kg)=$488

2. Hitachi SF-90KJS (9kg) = $598

2. Samsung WA10V5 (8kg)= $430

3. Panasonic NA-F80B1HRQ (8kg)= $480

Delivery is FOC but they only make deliveries from Mon to Sat....

Hope the above info helps.... u can loo for this guy called Wenbin.... friendly chap!

Thanks Yewmun for checking price for me. U are so nice.

As I'm in a hurry to move into my house this weekend, I went to order Hitachi SF-80KJ ($450) & other applicances from Mega Store (Katong Mall) yest. Audio House (Liang Court) quoted me $469 yest. Courts doesn't carry it.

I saw the other forummer got the best quote for Hitachi SF-80KJ ($430). U can try going to the same place as him to order it! :)

Edited by forgotten

Hi, forgotten.

No worries lar as I go to Jurong West area every Sat pm so I just pop in Kong Tai to check the prices lor. I am also thinking of getting a Hitachi washing machine but just not decided yet as I am not sure whether this brand of washing machine is good or not. Do u know which shop the other forummmer went to get at $430? U used the washing machine liao then let me know your feedback ok? So where are you moving to?

Hi, forgotten.

No worries lar as I go to Jurong West area every Sat pm so I just pop in Kong Tai to check the prices lor. I am also thinking of getting a Hitachi washing machine but just not decided yet as I am not sure whether this brand of washing machine is good or not. Do u know which shop the other forummmer went to get at $430? U used the washing machine liao then let me know your feedback ok? So where are you moving to?

I also don't know where that forummer went to.

Sure, I let you know my experience after I use it. :) But, whether it will spoil in 3 years, I will only know in 3 years time hehe. I'm moving to Sembawang.

Salesman from Mega Store told us that there was an more advanced washing machine model from Hitachi. It's ~8.5kg, >$500, can set different RPM/spinning speeds. This 8kg model that I bought only adopt 1 single RPM for all washes.

Besides washing machine, what other things are you also aiming to buy? I think if one buys more things, one has more bargaining power with the salesman.

Edited by forgotten

Eh I thot that SF-80KJ model can select the RPM speed if I read the brochure correctly?or is it another model SF-80KJS? Or maybe those >8.5kg models then have this function?

How come u say only know whether it will be spoilt in 3 years time? Thot they only give 1 year std warranty? :P

Too bad I have already bought my full HD LCD TV at the Megamex exhibition last Dec if not I will be able to do the bargaining for more items to purchase. BTW, I read in yest's newxpapers that Audio House going to have 10 days of sales promotion whereby they will accept trade in for older items... hmmm must go and check it out think they starting this Sat... :D

Eh I thot that SF-80KJ model can select the RPM speed if I read the brochure correctly?or is it another model SF-80KJS? Or maybe those >8.5kg models then have this function?

How come u say only know whether it will be spoilt in 3 years time? Thot they only give 1 year std warranty? :P

Too bad I have already bought my full HD LCD TV at the Megamex exhibition last Dec if not I will be able to do the bargaining for more items to purchase. BTW, I read in yest's newxpapers that Audio House going to have 10 days of sales promotion whereby they will accept trade in for older items... hmmm must go and check it out think they starting this Sat... :D

There're only selections of washing time & no. of spins on my machine. :P

Whether it's lasting anot, I'll only know in a few years time mah. The motor warranty is 5 years, other parts warranties are 1 year.

Hope there's good deal for you to grab at the sales! :)

Edited by forgotten

How much did u pay for this 10.5kg model?

As my family is large, need a big washer. Got it for $949 with extended warranty from Best Denki. Came with a free rice cooker too (the top box in the picture).

Image00053.jpg

Hi,

I'm eying at Hitachi SF-90KJS (9kg).

This afternoon, went for washing machine window shopping.

I totally forget about washing machine base in my resale unit

Anyone can help me to measure what is the washing machine foot to foot distance.

Thanks you :D