Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yewmun@yahoo.com

Hitachi Washing Machine

Anyone regretted after buying Hitachi washing machine SF-90KJS?

Errr...why ah? Encountered any problems particular to this model or this series? I'm using the 8.5kgs model.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Errr...why ah? Encountered any problems particular to this model or this series? I'm using the 8.5kgs model.

It seem like this washing machine is manufactured to be quite noisy especially when the tub is being turn when water is being injet & when it slowly spin up to 800RPM. It seem like it is not direct drive system hence it will be more noisy. But

when i go Best Denki purchase, the sales lady say it is not noisy, got 10 years motor warranty, the detergent go all the way to the bottom & the filter is casette type etc. hence i purchase it. Somemore kena chop by their pricings. ***sigh*** i should hv buy back panasonic brand instead of changing brand.

Yours is SF-85KJS correct? So far ok?

It seem like this washing machine is manufactured to be quite noisy especially when the tub is being turn when water is being injet & when it slowly spin up to 800RPM. It seem like it is not direct drive system hence it will be more noisy. But

when i go Best Denki purchase, the sales lady say it is not noisy, got 10 years motor warranty, the detergent go all the way to the bottom & the filter is casette type etc. hence i purchase it. Somemore kena chop by their pricings. ***sigh*** i should hv buy back panasonic brand instead of changing brand.

Yours is SF-85KJS correct? So far ok?

Could you elaborate more on how it's being noisy? I don't find it noisy at all from the point water starts to flow in, during washing, spin cycle etc. I've been on an old Samsung before switching to the SF-85KJS, I find the spinning is much quieter relatively. And best of all, it doesn't "dance"!!!

Could you elaborate more on how it's being noisy? I don't find it noisy at all from the point water starts to flow in, during washing, spin cycle etc. I've been on an old Samsung before switching to the SF-85KJS, I find the spinning is much quieter relatively. And best of all, it doesn't "dance"!!!

When the tub being turn like got the "kong kong" sound. According to the Hitachi technician, that's the sound for the new series. It is normal??? He say a lot of ppls complaining abt this sound especially when last time using other brands/models?

Last time when i use national washing machine (shd be direct drive type), don't hv such a sound and i think spinning is more quiet than the Hitachi washing machine.

When the tub being turn like got the "kong kong" sound. According to the Hitachi technician, that's the sound for the new series. It is normal??? He say a lot of ppls complaining abt this sound especially when last time using other brands/models?

Last time when i use national washing machine (shd be direct drive type), don't hv such a sound and i think spinning is more quiet than the Hitachi washing machine.

[/quote

You purchase at how much & where?

Hmm..I think I know which part of the washing cycle you're referring to.

Is it during the short interval when water is flowed in occasionally and the tub turns approx 30 degrees at a time clockwise? This part of the cycle is when the washer is measuring the exact amount of water level required for the current load in the tub and yes, I do hear the constant "kong kong" or rather sounds like soft "tong tong" sound for around 15-20 seconds. I do agree that this behaviour isn't present in most of the other brands that I've come across and used in the past.

Personally, it doesn't really bug me at all. Isn't that noisy either if you ask me. As for the tub spin to dry off clothes, it is relatively quiet to me.

You purchase at how much & where?

Gain City Marina branch. Bought it as part of a package. If I've got the numbers right, got the washer for $500 after package discounts. Not that cheap if compared to Mega Discounts store I think...but I got better discounts for the fridge and air-cond hehe.

Hmm..I think I know which part of the washing cycle you're referring to.

Is it during the short interval when water is flowed in occasionally and the tub turns approx 30 degrees at a time clockwise? This part of the cycle is when the washer is measuring the exact amount of water level required for the current load in the tub and yes, I do hear the constant "kong kong" or rather sounds like soft "tong tong" sound for around 15-20 seconds. I do agree that this behaviour isn't present in most of the other brands that I've come across and used in the past.

Personally, it doesn't really bug me at all. Isn't that noisy either if you ask me. As for the tub spin to dry off clothes, it is relatively quiet to me.

Hmmm..... personally i do get quite irritated by the sound especially when previously the use of other brands don't hv such

a sound. Maybe as what the Hitachi technician say once get used to the sound should be ok..... lolz. But i was thinking of complaining to Best Denki for misleading me purchasing this machine especially when my initial plan to purchase a panasonic one which stated is 20% more silent. But the saleslady keep saying Hitachi really worth to buy blah blah blah etc.

And somemore the price they sell overpriced.

Did u buy yours from Best Denki as well?

Btw did you renovate your house with Henry (Impress 21)?

My Hitachi washer has the kong kong sound too. The sound doesn't really bother me much. What bothers me is my new bed linen material being damaged after the first wash sigh. Yeah I find my inlaws' LG washer and parents' (forgot brand) washer are quieter than my Hitachi washer.

Edited by forgotten

My Hitachi washer has the kong kong sound too. The sound doesn't really bother me much. What bothers me is my new bed linen material being damaged after the first wash sigh. Yeah I find my inlaws' LG washer and parents' (forgot brand) washer are quieter than my Hitachi washer.

The kong kong sound to me quite irritating as my previous national brand don't hv such a sound. Ac tually i wanna to purchase the panasonic 9.0 kg latest washer but Best Denki salesperson told me the Hitachi washer is not noisy when i ask her & keep stressing it is worth to buy. Hence with more functions than the panasonic

i purchase the Hitachi washer after her fully recommendation. I thought with even more advanced tech the Hitachi washer should be more quiet than the national

brand that i purchase 8 years old? But in actual fact NO. It is rather disappointing loh.

If i am not wrong for linen material must use delicate wash or 400rpm speed

Anyone regretted after buying Hitachi washing machine SF-90KJS?

The kong kong sound to me quite irritating as my previous national brand don't hv such a sound. Ac tually i wanna to purchase the panasonic 9.0 kg latest washer but Best Denki salesperson told me the Hitachi washer is not noisy when i ask her & keep stressing it is worth to buy. Hence with more functions than the panasonic

i purchase the Hitachi washer after her fully recommendation. I thought with even more advanced tech the Hitachi washer should be more quiet than the national

brand that i purchase 8 years old? But in actual fact NO. It is rather disappointing loh.

so does this mean e kong kong sound applies to all hitachi models or only the SF-90kjs?

& for washing machine wa's the acceptable speed as in rpm for washing? so faster rpm = more electricity but

shorter washing time? :unsure:

hi hi u mentioned bed linen, so if let's say i need wash clothes, bed linen, curtains, how many kg

washing machine should i be looking at? thanks. :unsure:

I washed my bed linens using Delicate Program but they were still damaged leh. My office clothes were fine after the wash though. My machine doesn't have different RPM settings for me to choose.

True. Newer technology by right should be better and quieter! I guess that Best Denki salesperson, who served you, has never use the Hitachi washer herself before, so she doesn't know about the noise issue. :(

I can't hear the washer's noise in my bedrooms if I shut the bedroom door because my bedrooms are at one end of my rectangular living room and my kitchen is at the other end of my living room.

It's good that you warned forummers about Hitachi washer's noise issue. None of the salesmen highlighted it to me.

Edited by forgotten

hi hi u mentioned bed linen, so if let's say i need wash clothes, bed linen, curtains, how many kg

washing machine should i be looking at? thanks. :unsure:

MegaDiscount store salesman told me that one needs 9kg or bigger washing machine if one wants to wash queen size linens.

I wash my queen size bedsheets, pillow cases, bolster cases, curtains using my 8kg Hitachi machine at home. But I don't wash my queen size thick comforter at home. 8kg machine is too small for my comforter. I always bring it to my mum's place and wash it using her 10kg machine. My mum's place has dryer and kitchen has West sun, so my comforter will be fully dry after hanging it out for 1 afternoon. That's the advantage of West sun LOL. :P My place always rains everyday, and my kitchen faces South, so my comforter will surely have problem drying at my place.

Personally, I think one should buy 10kg machine if one needs to wash thick queen or king size comforter.

Hope my 2 cents help. :)

Edited by forgotten

MegaDiscount store salesman told me that one needs 9kg or bigger washing machine if one wants to wash queen size linens.

I wash my queen size bedsheets, pillow cases, bolster cases, curtains using my 8kg Hitachi machine at home. But I don't wash my queen size thick comforter at home. 8kg machine is too small for my comforter. I always bring it to my mum's place and wash it using her 10kg machine. My mum's place has dryer and kitchen has West sun, so my comforter will be fully dry after hanging it out for 1 afternoon. That's the advantage of West sun LOL. :P My place always rains everyday, and my kitchen faces South, so my comforter will surely have problem drying at my place.

Personally, I think one should buy 10kg machine if one needs to wash thick queen or king size comforter.

Hope my 2 cents help. :)

hmmm, i asked e same question today & was told about 8 kg is enough. is tat assuming u only wash bedsheets/curtains by themselves? er how often should comforters be washed? my place also got west sun but so far haven't really seen e full effect due to e weather we been having. if we buy 7.5kg means not enough to wash bedsheets/curtains then? but those 8 kg above looks big & e door a big heavy.... :(