Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Reno @my Simei 4a Resale Flat

Ha.. tot all stain would eat into any solid top.. didn't know 100% acrylic is so resistance..

thanks for the info..

yup.. agree.. didn't really research properly what color is better... coz just go with the theme..

You mean if the fingerprints had to be removed? Well, i buy mirrors is to see myself mah, not other ppl's fingerprint though. Ha..

looks white so think is those white powder bah.. not sure if camera can capture the prints is not like black against white. i'll try take pics during weekends.

Cheers to you jaskel!! :P

At least you bothered to try to help... :D

Well. It maybe the worker's fault, but now is the case of Henry saying everything is as it was to be. Or in the case of broken tile, bo bian.

Yup. There are ppl who are worse off then me and there are ppl who are better off.

I have been trying to be patient and let Henry arrange his resoources but things had been dragging for weeks.

Basically, he is solving small things like paint jobs but not those crack tiles, crooked pipes (solved for the moment coz his workers pushed the pipe all the way up to ceiling, and let me emphersis this.. is at the pipe joint, until it stays there) and my possible leaking window. The way he is solving things, i see it as either delaying til i have to take over the flat coz i no time to wait liao so he won't incurring additional cost.

No offence to everyone but mind i ask why should i spend so much $$ to reno a hse after which, it has cracked tile, window that may leak coz a rivet is in it and is patched with silicion and pipes done this way? and look at the reasons he gave..

Last to check is the solid top. 2morow is going to be buffered 3rd tm. And i really hope it turns out well.

Good luck :)

Edited by hcbing

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I always believe it take 2 hand to clap and there is always 2 side of story. Don’t think it’s right to comment “sloppy attitude” when 1 didn’t see the real thing. Hope everyone can look at from the third view rather then taking any side at the moment

Kiven78 did have negative feedback before the handover , however thing eventually sort out well during the handover . He did remove few of his comment after all the miscommunication had been sort out. Pls revisit his thread if u miss that out.

When doing renovation , we the house owner should at least do our part for cleaning our house up. Don’t think anyone should be pay for cleaning our own house isn’t it? Even small stuff like mirror finger print or protective cover not remove ?

Been keeping silent all the while , as I know most pp will feel that I will tend to side Henry. However just hope everyone to look at the whole incident in another view. How many happy henner are there and how many unhappy henner are there ? When we got henry , did he help us to save money in any way to another ? Did he ever run away with anyone money ? Did he ever reject whatever rectify if he can do it ?

Whoever we engage for renovation , we don’t get 100% job done , not even the most expensive ID. There tend to be hipcup along the way but it really depend on how the owner and the contractor sort thing out in the best way. “Give and take” had been a quote all the while. I can only say that the working style of Henry and fencer just didn’t match well therefore all the hipcup accumulate and accumulate.

I second that. There are always 2 sides to the same story, esp for bad stories. Who knows, we may hear a very different account from Henry if we go and ask him. Pple like us are 3rd party and will not get the full picture unless we hear both opinions.

btw, kiven removed most negative comments so can't find out what happened. but seemed like things have settled in a positive note in the end.

I do agree with u simon. There are no 100% perfect renovation done and no one able to said that their unit was done 100%. Human do make errors, regardless is big or small, it may not be Henry, it may be the workers. If was to really compare, fencer u are much luckier than those AS's or Jason Goh's victims already. There are sure some hipcups and I do hope u can solve it peacefully with Henry. I'm not siding to anyone and I've no right too. Having meeting with the worst contractor and the worst house owner before, I know how both parties may feel but not knowing the full picture, its not good to comment at all but to give advise.

If need to be angry and face it, why not be happy and face it and things may turn out to be good also. :yamseng:

Well said Jaskel, take things positively is the way to go. :)

fencer, imho, there is a lot of mismatch in working and communication styles between you and Henry. Hope that in your future reno, you can find one that match your style. Good luck.

fine, i shall remove my post if it is offending. I will not be commenting after this post. I'm sorry if anyone feels offended, but I feel what matters most to a house owner is a swee swee house reno.

I hope fencer u can settle all ur prob in the end.

Edited by samgalz

working style and misccom?

how did that ever get into the picture? Customer telling contractor to rectify an error you still need style one ah...? Just tell him nicely and straight to the point lor... duh...

perhaps kiven and fencer are the only 2 with bad reviews, but they represent the latest clients. Judge for yourself, good or bad reviews on internet spread equally quick. Live by the sword, die by the sword. He has given a fair account of what is good and what is bad, which is his own opinion anyway...

hope fencer is able to settle the stuff nicely also, at the same time acquire some DIY skills? :)

Kiven78 did have negative feedback before the handover , however thing eventually sort out well during the handover . He did remove few of his comment after all the miscommunication had been sort out. Pls revisit his thread if u miss that out.

i did revisit his thread and there are still some negative comments mentioned. anyway glad tat kiven has resolved his issues and move on. Hope fencer is able to do tat as well.

I do agree with u simon. There are no 100% perfect renovation done and no one able to said that their unit was done 100%. Human do make errors, regardless is big or small, it may not be Henry, it may be the workers. If was to really compare, fencer u are much luckier than those AS's or Jason Goh's victims already. There are sure some hipcups and I do hope u can solve it peacefully with Henry. I'm not siding to anyone and I've no right too. Having meeting with the worst contractor and the worst house owner before, I know how both parties may feel but not knowing the full picture, its not good to comment at all but to give advise.

If need to be angry and face it, why not be happy and face it and things may turn out to be good also. :yamseng:

i understand there is no perfect reno and accept tat mistakes are bound to happen. However if the mistakes can be rectified, then there will be no further issue. About the cracked tile issue, am no expert to comment whether it can be rectified or not. perhaps you may wanna shed a light on this??

Good luck :)

Thanks hcbing..

But luck is not going to make the things fixed leh.. Haa..

I second that. There are always 2 sides to the same story, esp for bad stories. Who knows, we may hear a very different account from Henry if we go and ask him. Pple like us are 3rd party and will not get the full picture unless we hear both opinions.

btw, kiven removed most negative comments so can't find out what happened. but seemed like things have settled in a positive note in the end.

Well said Jaskel, take things positively is the way to go. :)

fencer, imho, there is a lot of mismatch in working and communication styles between you and Henry. Hope that in your future reno, you can find one that match your style. Good luck.

Well... If you were to ask Henry, he would sure defend his doings.. since when would any contractor says his in the wrong for not getting things fixed?

The most clear thing ppl can ask without the need for both party to be around, is why he decide not to change the cracked tile which his piping guys broke? Which i had told him some time back liao.

I notice kiven's was not complete also.. should be issues which can be solved bah..

Sorry to ask.. what's imho? See how in the future bah.. at least i know how to deal with such contractors now.. Ha..

fine, i shall remove my post if it is offending. I will not be commenting after this post. I'm sorry if anyone feels offended, but I feel what matters most to a house owner is a swee swee house reno.

I hope fencer u can settle all ur prob in the end.

Samgalz, i don't find any of your postings offending.. excuse me if i had replied too harsh..

Anyone would wan the hse to be sui sui and trouble free after reno.. after all, we are using our hard earn money to pay for it.

working style and misccom?

how did that ever get into the picture? Customer telling contractor to rectify an error you still need style one ah...? Just tell him nicely and straight to the point lor... duh...

perhaps kiven and fencer are the only 2 with bad reviews, but they represent the latest clients. Judge for yourself, good or bad reviews on internet spread equally quick. Live by the sword, die by the sword. He has given a fair account of what is good and what is bad, which is his own opinion anyway...

hope fencer is able to settle the stuff nicely also, at the same time acquire some DIY skills? :)

Thanks gimz63251073.

Ha. At least kiven has resolved his issues. But mine, i dun have time anymore to make major rectifications. My 1st set of item is coming this sat loh..

I certainly need. Anyone who needs to know in detail what to look out for before, during and after reno, let me know.. good to share experience w everyone in need.. :D

i did revisit his thread and there are still some negative comments mentioned. anyway glad tat kiven has resolved his issues and move on. Hope fencer is able to do tat as well.

i understand there is no perfect reno and accept tat mistakes are bound to happen. However if the mistakes can be rectified, then there will be no further issue. About the cracked tile issue, am no expert to comment whether it can be rectified or not. perhaps you may wanna shed a light on this??

Mistakes are bound to happen. What's important to consumers is that it is rectified asap once it is made known, not dragged until no time to rectify.

Hmm... to me as the hse owner, crack tile is not whether it can be rectified or not.

Is a simple case: your workers crack it, you replace it. Esp if I had told Henry at least 2 weeks back about the cracked tile.

1 Small thing to share.

The kitchen windows, which i had newly replaced, came with a loose handle. Have told Henry abt it immed abt 3 weeks into reno. Henry had said he would ask ppl to get it fixed.

After reminders and reminders, end up stil no fix until abt 2 weeks back when i reminded him again. By then, Henry told me is very simple to fix and proceed to explain to me how to take out and tighten it. So end up, buy i bought my own screwdriver and fixed it myself in 3 mins time.

Anyone to know how to fix your windows handle, let me know and i'll PM you.. :D

If u ask me on the cracked tiles, I can tell u that it can be replace. I remembered clearly that when doing one of the AS's victim hse, the electrician (although the electrician is engaged by the owner but since I recommended him to the owner I will responsible for it) drilled the wrong holes for the trunking at the kitchen tiles, and I replaced the 5 affected tiles.

As for fencer cracked tile, its the $ issues to rectified it. If I'm not wrong, I think Henry just hope that fencer can give and take in this case cos the tile is on top and it not so obvious.

If u ask me on the cracked tiles, I can tell u that it can be replace. I remembered clearly that when doing one of the AS's victim hse, the electrician (although the electrician is engaged by the owner but since I recommended him to the owner I will responsible for it) drilled the wrong holes for the trunking at the kitchen tiles, and I replaced the 5 affected tiles.

As for fencer cracked tile, its the $ issues to rectified it. If I'm not wrong, I think Henry just hope that fencer can give and take in this case cos the tile is on top and it not so obvious.

Like to clarify though.

1) Henry did not admit is his guys fault at any point of time.

2) He wrote it down on his list to do when I 1st told him abt it, abt 3 weeks back.

3) At beginning, he surveyed and said that is hard to change coz nd to piping everything again. And also would damage the mirrors and sink while doing so.

4) Since meeting him last week and this week, he said cannot be changed coz cutting tool no pl to cut. Even though i insist it to be changed.

5) On monday, while calling me to arrange for tuesday meeting, i insist again and he said "if wan like that just deduct from the payment loh".

To me, your workers cracked it, replace it. Even if is to hack out the side tiles as well and redo a few tiles.

And i certainly would have accepted the crack tile nicely if he had not used so much excuses and time to drag this matter on.

Advice: Watch the toilet bowls and sinks.

Once they are up, workers would wash whatever they need to wash in it, paint brush, equipment for plastering etc. No need dirty the floor and no need to wash mah..

Plaster, cements etc would be log in it. Esp the toilet bowl. Feedback to Henry and initially said he would ask cleaners to clean and make it brand new.. now stil dun look brand new to me..

Note: Cleaners only come 2 times. 1) acid wash. 2) final wash (w plain water). So any other cleaning, you do it yourself.

My gf's sister had cement stuck in the toilet bowl. Can't be removed.

Edited by fencer

Like to clarify though.

1) Henry did not admit is his guys fault at any point of time.

2) He wrote it down on his list to do when I 1st told him abt it, abt 3 weeks back.

3) At beginning, he surveyed and said that is hard to change coz nd to piping everything again. And also would damage the mirrors and sink while doing so.

4) Since meeting him last week and this week, he said cannot be changed coz cutting tool no pl to cut. Even though i insist it to be changed.

5) On monday, while calling me to arrange for tuesday meeting, i insist again and he said "if wan like that just deduct from the payment loh".

To me, your workers cracked it, replace it. Even if is to hack out the side tiles as well and redo a few tiles.

And i certainly would have accepted the crack tile nicely if he had not used so much excuses and time to drag this matter on.

Fencer, can you share some pics of the crack tiles and its location? I wonder why Henry say cannot change.

Fencer, can you share some pics of the crack tiles and its location? I wonder why Henry say cannot change.

Pic of cracked tile

Is behind this pipe loh

Henery said no pl to put the cutting tool (presuming to remove only 1 tile). I asked him if can just crack the 1 tile so can take out. He said would crack other tiles also and of coz nd to redo piping. And also may damage other things like basin.

Pic of cracked tile

Is behind this pipe loh

Henery said no pl to put the cutting tool (presuming to remove only 1 tile). I asked him if can just crack the 1 tile so can take out. He said would crack other tiles also and of coz nd to redo piping. And also may damage other things like basin.

Actually i think it definitely can be replaced if the worker is careful... I got my contractor to replace only 1 tile for my bathroom wall which had an old ledge to put soap. No problem with damaging the surrounding tiles. Think he may be trying to get you to give up cos if his worker make a mistake, he will need to spend more $$ to repair the damage.. :no:

Actually i think it definitely can be replaced if the worker is careful... I got my contractor to replace only 1 tile for my bathroom wall which had an old ledge to put soap. No problem with damaging the surrounding tiles. Think he may be trying to get you to give up cos if his worker make a mistake, he will need to spend more $$ to repair the damage.. :no:

Is behind the sewage pipe loh.. yah loh.. if remove, nd to remove more tiles then 1.. and nd re-do piping also.. so all cost money..

But huh.. is his workers who crack it, why should i be the 1 who have to live with it? Hmm...