Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rasfene

陈家丽室 Our Home ...

Our Id uses a few teams of carpenters for his projects and he told us frankly the team with the best work can only start fabrications in june, so do we want to wait. Thinking we waited for so long already might as well just go for quality. And the ID went off to serve the country for 1 week. Everything add up and here we are. :bangwall:

Your ID inform you which carpenter he is engaging for your project? Do share with us their workmanship after the furnitures are up. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi .. where is OM and EVOV?

TIA

EVOV is at Balestier Point. Parking is kind of tricky. You have to turn in Ava Road along Balestier Road.

OM is at 134 Joo Seng Road Level 2 Nobel Design House

Depending on what you are buying, I would reccomend you to go down EVOV first before Going to OM. Personally I like EVOV's design better. less common. Would have bought more stuff from EVOV just that the 1st time 1 went over, prices were all rather high. Now, they got several good promotions going on that makes the sofas quite attractive to me. :(

OM's designs are very nice as well, going for the sleek and classy european designs. different style from EVOV. EVOV's stuff make use of mre colours i think. Spotted several nice pieces at OM though, just that it doesn't fit into my home.

Hope this helps!

Your ID inform you which carpenter he is engaging for your project? Do share with us their workmanship after the furnitures are up. :)

I will. I didn't catch their names though. If I'm not wrong they are the ones doing carpentry for Mickey's house. So we see what Mickey has to say. :rolleyes:

EVOV is at Balestier Point. Parking is kind of tricky. You have to turn in Ava Road along Balestier Road.

OM is at 134 Joo Seng Road Level 2 Nobel Design House

Depending on what you are buying, I would reccomend you to go down EVOV first before Going to OM. Personally I like EVOV's design better. less common. Would have bought more stuff from EVOV just that the 1st time 1 went over, prices were all rather high. Now, they got several good promotions going on that makes the sofas quite attractive to me. :(

OM's designs are very nice as well, going for the sleek and classy european designs. different style from EVOV. EVOV's stuff make use of mre colours i think. Spotted several nice pieces at OM though, just that it doesn't fit into my home.

Hope this helps!

tks .. will check out evov when i head down to ligthings.com.sg to check out their lights

i like the red sleek chair u bought

wow ........ went to your ID's blog ........ very impressive indeed ...... but for your home reno to be delayed 2 months is a little mad... probably he can work on his coordination and planning ..

I will. I didn't catch their names though. If I'm not wrong they are the ones doing carpentry for Mickey's house. So we see what Mickey has to say. :rolleyes:

The carpentry works that were done are decent. But the group of carpenters who did the carpentry for the living room is better than the group who did the bedroom wardrobes. Workmanship is indeed better. More importantly, they are willing to take up the job because some other carpenters are not willing to do it because of the amount of work and slight complexity with the design. :)

Been MIA for a long time... Been really busy with work and the reno is going rather slowly atm... False ceiling are done and I'm quite pleased with the results. Special platform made for the dining area was fixed up but it turned out to be too big.. Look rather nice though and it complements the false ceiling design... Anyway will try to put up photos when I get the time!

Been getting several inquries about Loyd, our designer. Have only one thing to say. If you are not very tight with budget, have patience AND the time, and really particular about design, he's the one! Was totally blown away by his design of his workplace/living space's extension design. Was already very impressed by the previous design but he has really outdone himself in the extension. I was totally blown away by every single area in that office cum living space. Make it a point to go down his place for meet up if you are thinking of engaging him. :)

Yup. And I'm crossing fingers too. Ain't entirlely the ID's fault. First thing that happened was that HDB took a freaking long time to get back to us on the approval of window works for the bathrooms. As a result, the final tiling works cannot be done till the windows are done. (Starting this week!)

Our Id uses a few teams of carpenters for his projects and he told us frankly the team with the best work can only start fabrications in june, so do we want to wait. Thinking we waited for so long already might as well just go for quality. And the ID went off to serve the country for 1 week. Everything add up and here we are. :bangwall:

Luckily all the hacking works, noisy stuff are gone so there isn't a lot of commotion. anyway the house was empty half the time these 3 weeks. :(

Is the extension fully done up? Previously when we were there, he was still DIY-ing some stuffs.

I agree with Rasfene. U should have some budget to engage Loyd. And if u are want ur house to be ready before marriage, I think it is better u start ur reno one yr before the actual date. Ha.

Rasfene, please don't take as long as me k. :rolleyes:

Is the extension fully done up? Previously when we were there, he was still DIY-ing some stuffs.

I agree with Rasfene. U should have some budget to engage Loyd. And if u are want ur house to be ready before marriage, I think it is better u start ur reno one yr before the actual date. Ha.

Rasfene, please don't take as long as me k. :rolleyes:

The extension is done up. Would be a dream place for a bachelor's pad. Hard to replicate though... cost like 'several bombs' ha...

Dont worry, we will not break your record ha.. :thumbs up:

How's your place coming along? the customized bed frame?

Edited by rasfene

wow ........ went to your ID's blog ........ very impressive indeed ...... but for your home reno to be delayed 2 months is a little mad... probably he can work on his coordination and planning ..

I don't know the reason behind the delay for Rasfene's case.

Take my mickey motif panel doors for example, they are still not ready. Suppliers take up the job but cannot deliver eventually. Then we have to go to another supplier. Eventually, the frame is finally done - last wk. Now the supplier said the motif cannot be bend using 12mm iron. Now we have to go for CNC cut. Next, the glass need to be cut with mickey mouse motif opening - hope this can be done without any problem. It looks like a simple job but it is harder to construct then I can imagine.

The one thing I like abt Loyd is he won't say this cannot be constructed or that cannot be done. I would rather wait than take a no.

He would just go around and source for the right guy to do the job - even at his own expense.

Hmm, by the time the doors are ready, I think the whole construction duration ofit would have taken 5 to 6 months.

The extension is done up. Would be a dream place for a bachelor's pad. Hard to replicate though... cost like 'several bombs' ha...

Dont worry, we will not break your record ha.. :thumbs up:

How's your place coming along? the customized bed frame?

All the curvey stuffs are expensive. And not forgetting the branded stuffs. Lol.

We didn't ask his carpenters to do the bed frame. We got our sofa makers to construct the bed frame for us first. As for the headboard, we just got the detailed specification of the castle design from Loyd. Will check with the sofa makers whether they can do it or not.

Loyd is busy, so we got our sofa makers to do it. Moreover, we are satisfied with the quality of the sofa and price they quoted is decent for a suspended/floating bed frame. Still deciding whether to do the castle design. His carpenters quoted a exp price for it in my opinion. And the display stand he designed is also exp.

I don't know the reason behind the delay for Rasfene's case.

Take my mickey motif panel doors for example, they are still not ready. Suppliers take up the job but cannot deliver eventually. Then we have to go to another supplier. Eventually, the frame is finally done - last wk. Now the supplier said the motif cannot be bend using 12mm iron. Now we have to go for CNC cut. Next, the glass need to be cut with mickey mouse motif opening - hope this can be done without any problem. It looks like a simple job but it is harder to construct then I can imagine.

The one thing I like abt Loyd is he won't say this cannot be constructed or that cannot be done. I would rather wait than take a no.

He would just go around and source for the right guy to do the job - even at his own expense.

Hmm, by the time the doors are ready, I think the whole construction duration ofit would have taken 5 to 6 months.

Hi MM and Rasfene ...... i am still waiting for my new flat ... but i m just curious to ask ..... how much u guys spent for your house reno ? i mean you ID's overall design is very much into my liking .... but i won't be prepared to wait so long to complete the reno .... but i am still curious to know the cost .. haha

Hi MM and Rasfene ...... i am still waiting for my new flat ... but i m just curious to ask ..... how much u guys spent for your house reno ? i mean you ID's overall design is very much into my liking .... but i won't be prepared to wait so long to complete the reno .... but i am still curious to know the cost .. haha

Hmm, reno alone is well above $50k. I happened to read Home and Decor and came across one interior designer saying his HATES for this job is being given a tight schedule which affects his creativity. Not enough time to think through every aspects of the design. Lol. I think this can be tag to Loyd for sure.

Edited by Mickey M

Hmm, reno alone is well above $50k. I happened to read Home and Decor and came across one interior designer saying his HATES for this job is being given a tight schedule which affects his creativity. Not enough time to think through every aspects of the design. Lol. I think this can be tag to Loyd for sure.

woah ... nice good budget to work with ... did u post the pics of your house after reno ? is there a link to view ?

Yup our reno cost is somewhere there too... hard to avoid when I'm changing the whole house... and also cos his designs are not that cheap sigh....

Mickey has many pics of his place in his t-blog.

Yup our reno cost is somewhere there too... hard to avoid when I'm changing the whole house... and also cos his designs are not that cheap sigh....

Mickey has many pics of his place in his t-blog.

Thanks.. i went to his t-blog ..... the house look special. I think it's a very bold move ...