Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Our Ea In Bishan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hack hack...opss...its already 4th day liao..cannot hack, wait neighbor complaint...so today is dismantling, dismantling only :P

p1020080a.jpg

The cornice and false ceiling is not hacked down...its only dismantle hor...

p1020081j.jpg

Kitchen cabinet....hood lelong...anyone?

p1020082b.jpg

p1020084n.jpg

Wardrobe...FOC....self collection...anyone?Bidding time end 2359H.

p1020085u.jpg

p1020086l.jpg

p1020087b.jpg

That's the air-con pipe hiding below the bathtub....this may be the main reason of causing water seepage to below.

p1020089u.jpg

My electrician wanted this lighting....I said can...free 1 lighting point lor... :P

Edited by jaskel

p1020080a.jpg

that glass basin actually looks quite serviceable, provided it goes through some major sterilization!

p1020090r.jpg

There goes your DB box...."hiding" in the middle of your hse....

that is a really dumb place to put the db box, i have no idea how the electrician managed to convince the previous owner to put it there!

Edited by titanax

Hack hack...opss...its already 4th day liao..cannot hack, wait neighbor complaint...so today is dismantling, dismantling only :P

Thanks for all the photos! :) It's been a crazy week at work - can't drop by the house in person, but your photos are as good as being there. It's so exciting to slowly see all the old stuff being HULKSMASHED away. Mwahahaha

Wardrobe...FOC....self collection...anyone?Bidding time end 2359H.

Haha.. Any takers??

then tell him nicely to do day shift during ur reno period lo. :P

Unfortunately we can legislate against blatant stupidity. I would understand if the noise levels are generated after ófficial'hours.

Hmm.. in future when doing reno, need send letters to all household directly "connected" to your hse..

state when u reno so they can plan their time table in advance, esp those working night shift.. :P mayb next tm would be a must liao.. :P

@Darth vader - You the MAN...lol. Maybe can try using the FORCE on him...

@JCase - You are so right. Common sense is NOT common at all!

@Fencer - sounds like a great idea. The letter will go

"Dear neighbour. I just bought the house next to/above yours. Reno will commence on [date]. It WILL DEFINITELY be noisy and dusty during the day. If you are working the night shift, please switch shifts with someone, or find somewhere else to sleep. Please declare on the form attached if there are any leaks/cracks/defects that are already existing in your house. If we do not hear from you, we will get a HDB TO to come and inspect your house before we start our reno.

We look forward to a cordial neighbourly co-existence with you.

Thank you.

Warmest regards,

Your new neighbour"

Oops, a little belated, but CONGRATS titanax and lachesis on your reno starting! And your downstairs neighbours are really -___-. Hope everything will be resolved smoothly and quickly, and you can focus on your reno!

Hey, thanks! :) Glad to see things are progressing well on your side, aside from the little boo boo with the bathroom wall. Your tiles look nice..and the green hopper is d.a.m.n funky! Heh heh.

I hear you on settling furkids in a new place. Our younger one, Fifi hid behind the computer table for DAYS and only ventured out at night when everyone had gone to bed. She's much better now. The older one, Tinker took to the place with no problems - he's lived here before as a kitten, and has now claimed the coffee table as his. :P Think his only complaint now is he gets picked up and carried around a lot more than he would like to be, b'coz my SIL and MIL like to play with him. LOL.

But back to reno - yeah, hopefully things can be resolved, esp with a HDB officer intervening, and we can just focus on doing up our place.

that is a really dumb place to put the db box, i have no idea how the electrician managed to convince the previous owner to put it there!

Something tells me it wasn't the previous electrician who put it there, but HDB... :P

Can't wait for the weekend - it'll be the end of a yucky work week, and can go up and see the house! :) 1am liao - TGIF everyone!

ahhh... i shall design a new tee and the few of us will all wear to inspect our new place during reno.

the new tee will say,

"neighbours are stupid, throw rocks at them"

hahaha

"Dear neighbour. I just bought the house next to/above yours. Reno will commence on [date]. It WILL DEFINITELY be noisy and dusty during the day. If you are working the night shift, please switch shifts with someone, or find somewhere else to sleep. Please declare on the form attached if there are any leaks/cracks/defects that are already existing in your house. If we do not hear from you, we will get a HDB TO to come and inspect your house before we start our reno.

Thank you.

Warmest regards,

Your new neighbour"

I almost fell off my office chair laughing whilst reading this! :drunk:

Thank you.

Warmest regards,

Your new neighbour"

:thumbs up: :thumbs up:

I'll use it for my Reno :sport-smiley-004:

:dancingqueen:

:thumbs up: :thumbs up:

I'll use it for my Reno :sport-smiley-004:

:dancingqueen:

Normallly at void deck and your floor level, the contractor wld put a copy of the hacking permit next to the lift... wonder how can ppl miss that.. Hmm.. or they dun read at all.. ;)

Ha... if the letter is successful, it mayb a trend in the future liao.. HA.. :deal:

Normallly at void deck and your floor level, the contractor wld put a copy of the hacking permit next to the lift... wonder how can ppl miss that.. Hmm.. or they dun read at all.. ;)

Ha... if the letter is successful, it mayb a trend in the future liao.. HA.. :deal:

hmm... no Reward$$ sure no Read...

Must also include a:

"Sign Agreement Contract - Collect $50 from Flat Owner after Reno"

"Disclaimer - Any complaints will VOID Contract"

:P

Thank you.

Warmest regards,

Your new neighbour"

:lol: typical...do corp comms sure like that one, got lots of templates!

Edited by titanax

ahhh... i shall design a new tee and the few of us will all wear to inspect our new place during reno.

the new tee will say,

"neighbours are stupid, throw rocks at them"

hahaha

Haha.. Ne0, cannot be so undiplomatic lah. Does not bode well for future neighbourly relations. Why can't everyone just get along, be reaonsable, considerate and understanding right? PEACE :D

:lol: typical...do corp comms sure like that one, got lots of templates!

Oi oi - I was just being my expressive self. :P Wasn't meant to be a template. Can't help it if other people like my letter :notti: