Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Our Ea In Bishan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
How come is 100 from u? :unsure:

apparently if the neighbor below highlights the leakage to hdb, then hdb will hack my flooring - the charges will be borne 50-50 by me & the neighbor below (i was hoping he would, so i can save a bit on demolishing costs :notti: ) .but since he doesn't want then jaskel will charge him separately to rectify his ceiling...not bad huh residual business for jaskel :lol:

apparently if the neighbor below highlights the leakage to hdb, then hdb will hack my flooring - the charges will be borne 50-50 by me & the neighbor below (i was hoping he would, so i can save a bit on demolishing costs :notti: ) .but since he doesn't want then jaskel will charge him separately to rectify his ceiling...not bad huh residual business for jaskel :lol:

Not good at all......will be meeting your neighbor below this evening....more defects she pointing out. Haiz..

:angry2::furious:8|:argue::curse::bangwall: .........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... :fire: .......Typical Owners.....Opps...not u, Boss...your neighbor below.

:lol: wat happened? take u for granted right?

:lol: wat happened? take u for granted right?

Called me this morning saying the hacking of your reno works have caused the ceilings and walls to cracks. So make an appt. to go up and see this evening 7pm.

Called me this morning saying the hacking of your reno works have caused the ceilings and walls to cracks. So make an appt. to go up and see this evening 7pm.

wow your guys really HULK SMASH!!

Old cracks, new cracks all counted it to me....and want me to resolve it. Me still ok with that cause they do whole hse plastering meh, who do reno sure will cracks. Don't do reno also will cracks over the times. What I cannot tahan is, they do plastering for their ceiling, which is not allowed at all meh.

From HDB ;

Examples of Renovation Work Not Allowed

* Hacking and removal of structural members such as reinforced concrete wall, columns, beams, slabs, staircases within maisonette flats, etc.

* Excessive overloading of the floor slab with a load greater than 150 kg for every metre square of floor area.

* Plastering of ceilings.

So the kitchen ceiling some areas got hollowness for their ceiling, which was due to the plastering can't stick to their previous rockstone spraying.

So being kind enough, I offer to actually tear down those hollowness becos of safety issues. They had kids at home, if due to your renovation, the plastering drop down, it will either be a large piece or sharp edges. And tot they were kind enough to lend me a ladder, a hammer and a scrapper, I started to tear, check, tear, check(hollow parts)

In the end, the whole kitchen ceiling become like this, where u can see the rockstone and plaster.

p1020061v.jpg

p1020062.jpg

I spent 11/2 hr there doing all this. And after that, I offer to do it for the master and common bath. But before doing the rest, I told them, it will be different cost if they want to engage me to scrape off the whole ceiling for the 3 areas, including scrapping off the rockstone, paint sealant and then follow by 2 coats of painting.

Upon hearing the cost, they said its was my own fault... :bangwall: ....for tear down the hollow plaster. Which before I begin to tear down, they was informed already and they agreed to. Initial I only used my hands, they was the one to pass me the hammer and the scrapper. :curse:

Furthermore, they said since u r doing reno, u are the cause of it, so u(ya that's u, Bro) should pay half of the cost.

@Ne0 - yeah, very exciting ;) You'll have to wait a while to see the harmonious tile selection. Hee hee.

@kor69 - your turn will come soon! I also can't believe it's been 5 months since I started this t-blog. :o

Old cracks, new cracks all counted it to me....and want me to resolve it. Me still ok with that cause they do whole hse plastering meh, who do reno sure will cracks. Don't do reno also will cracks over the times. What I cannot tahan is, they do plastering for their ceiling, which is not allowed at all meh.

So the kitchen ceiling some areas got hollowness for their ceiling, which was due to the plastering can't stick to their previous rockstone spraying.

Oh no, so then how? They want you to do the plastering of walls for them for free?? :( The ceiling one not allowed, so they shouldn't be asking you to fix right?

Like darkfear said - they Hulksmash - too strong already! :P

So I :furious::argue: and talked back nicely, saying, in HDB rules and regulations for renovation, its is not allowed to plastering the ceiling, if found, contractor will be fine $5000, but if the owner knows and wanted to do, then the owners will be fine instead. And for the leakage of water seepage, it is 50-50 for both owners so are they going to pay for that not....And I told them straight that I'll will not plaster back for them cos other area maybe affected too and is illegal.

They keep pushing the blame to me for tearing it down and didn't inform them, so I told them, if that's the cause, I'll go to my car and bring the equipment and material to plaster it back now. And I not going to tear the rest of the hollowness plaster at their 2 bathrooms anymore. Furthermore, I told them I will inform the HDB officer tomorrow and ask him to come and take a look and resolve it between me and the owner.

The water seepage already been yrs and becos they knew its going to be 50-50, so they waited for new owner to do reno. then they can save the cost of it which is ard $800. Now, already taking advantages, still want some more...its crosses the line man.

Hacking continue..........

p1020001f.jpg

p1020002n.jpg

p1020007.jpg

How they do window like that...no cement in between

And the wall is so thin....

p1020010g.jpg