Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Our Ea In Bishan

Went down to Balestier on Sunday to look at sanitary ware, but it turned out to be a lighting trip instead. :P After a few shops we both came to an 'awful' realisation - to have the most impact for the dining light, we'll have to consider one with crystals.

Why 'awful'? B'coz just thinking of dust collecting on those pretty pretty crystals is enough to make me cringe. I was finally persuaded when I wrangled out of the hubby a promise to help clean the crystals. Heh heh heh. :sport-smiley-004:

Went to a few places before finding a dining light we like. The rest of the house was quite easy to settle. Now for the shocker...

For the same kind of downlight, lightings.com.sg was selling it $10 less - per piece! Same finishing, same Australian ballast! :jawdrop:

Now just to make one more trip to see if we can find an even nicer dining light, and one last trip to A lightings to compare prices, and see if they have these kind of bedside lamps.

@Jaskel - Remember these lamps? You said you know where to find. Can you tell us where?

Bedside_Swing_Lamps.jpg

Sorry, just back from discussion with hse owner.......u can go to www.lightcraft.com.sg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

thanks for the info jaskel. got a few qns regarding plumbing costing:

1. For WC: will pan collars / offset collars & bottle traps be included? bottle trap is plastic or ss?

2. For shower mixers - is the exposed bracket / 0.5" connector included?

Edited by titanax

thanks for the info jaskel. got a few qns regarding plumbing costing:

1. For WC: will pan collars / offset collars & bottle traps be included? bottle trap is plastic or ss?

1. WC pan collars and basin bottle traps are not included. When u buy WC and basin, they will sell u the pan collars and bottle traps too. Bottle trap can be pvc( ard $3-$5) or ss (ard $60-$80)

2. As for the exposed bracket/0.5" connector, when u buy the mixer, they will give u free or charge u on that depend on the shop u buy from.

Went down to Balestier on Sunday to look at sanitary ware, but it turned out to be a lighting trip instead. :P After a few shops we both came to an 'awful' realisation - to have the most impact for the dining light, we'll have to consider one with crystals.

Why 'awful'? B'coz just thinking of dust collecting on those pretty pretty crystals is enough to make me cringe. I was finally persuaded when I wrangled out of the hubby a promise to help clean the crystals. Heh heh heh. :sport-smiley-004:

Went to a few places before finding a dining light we like. The rest of the house was quite easy to settle. Now for the shocker...

For the same kind of downlight, lightings.com.sg was selling it $10 less - per piece! Same finishing, same Australian ballast! :jawdrop:

Now just to make one more trip to see if we can find an even nicer dining light, and one last trip to A lightings to compare prices, and see if they have these kind of bedside lamps.

Bedside_Swing_Lamps.jpg

Haha, how did you manage to get a promise like that out of your hb? Poor titanax, I can already see him cleaning the crystals one by one... you bribed him with good food is it? :P

@Jaskel - Remember these lamps? You said you know where to find. Can you tell us where?

Bedside_Swing_Lamps.jpg

Hey! I have somethiing like that in my MBR now.. thinking of selling coz wanna get proper bedside tables.... you want?

The Harmony of Tiles

Stay tuned to see how our cosy bathrooms turn out... ;)

wa.. really cannot agree more with your pointers, really. think you have put into words whatever selection and thought processes we went through.

And yea, Hafary is the place to go. ID brought us there straight too cause accordingly to him, hafary has lesser variety but packs more designer-esque kind of tiles.

can't wait to see your tiles! like i said, i think u two will really turn the flat spectacularly

]

bought my T5s and downlights frm Alex at A Lighting Ent. you're the 2nd to comment that lighting.com.sg selling much cheaper. hai..

squeeze some of those items in 1. from the place you bought FOC. my was foc except for the pop up waste

as for 2. hai... i gotta buy liao.

LIES!!! wah piang! spousal task delegation via forum...i know we're in the digital age, but this is ridiculous!! :unsure:

Haha, how did you manage to get a promise like that out of your hb? Poor titanax, I can already see him cleaning the crystals one by one... you bribed him with good food is it? :P

-------- > Will work for chef-grade cookouts ;) <-------------

1. WC pan collars and basin bottle traps are not included. When u buy WC and basin, they will sell u the pan collars and bottle traps too. Bottle trap can be pvc( ard $3-$5) or ss (ard $60-$80)

Would you recommend pvc or ss? We'll need to get four - one for each basin, two for the double-bowled kitchen sink. Had a bad experience with pvc at the old place. It didn't 'lock', it just kept turning and we didn't know if it was securely fastened. And this was under the kitchen sink! :bangwall: Not sure if this contributed to the cabinet there being wet all the time.

2. As for the exposed bracket/0.5" connector, when u buy the mixer, they will give u free or charge u on that depend on the shop u buy from.

Hmm... so we'll need 2 pairs then, one pair for each bathroom. Nothing is free in HG, gotta buy. :P

LIES!!! wah piang! spousal task delegation via forum...i know we're in the digital age, but this is ridiculous!! :unsure:

-------- > Will work for chef-grade cookouts ;) <-------------

u another dunno DIE how to write is it? say lachesis ridiculous! Later she twist ur ear off! omg, i machiam encouraging all wifey to twist ears..wahahahahaha :lol:

Hey! I have somethiing like that in my MBR now.. thinking of selling coz wanna get proper bedside tables.... you want?

Heya, thanks for the offer. But we decided against it. Alex from A-Lighting mentioned that the constant bending will create wear and tear for the wires. If the insulation wears off, it could cause the power to trip :( He even demonstrated with one of the lights on display in his shop - it would flicker as he moved the light around.

Going for a regular lamp instead. ;)

wa.. really cannot agree more with your pointers, really. think you have put into words whatever selection and thought processes we went through.

And yea, Hafary is the place to go. ID brought us there straight too cause accordingly to him, hafary has lesser variety but packs more designer-esque kind of tiles.

can't wait to see your tiles! like i said, i think u two will really turn the flat spectacularly

Thanks! ;) The tiles we chose were actually quite simple. We weren't really going for the spectacular look. But Hafary is a good place for variety.

bought my T5s and downlights frm Alex at A Lighting Ent. you're the 2nd to comment that lighting.com.sg selling much cheaper. hai..

Don't sigh Ne0. You misunderstood. Lightings.com.sg is the cheapest in Balestier, but A Lightings is even cheaper! Plus Alex is really nice and down to earth. We're getting our stuff from him. Even found a better light for the kitchen and bathrooms, compared to the what we saw at Lightings.com.sg.

squeeze some of those items in 1. from the place you bought FOC. my was foc except for the pop up waste

as for 2. hai... i gotta buy liao.

Can squeeze meh? Heritage like macam cannot squeeze leh. As for 2., lagi cannot squeeze. HG showroom confirm cannot squeeze. Probably have to buy from Heritage. :P Irene from Heritage is very well informed - impressed with her service.

u another dunno DIE how to write is it? say lachesis ridiculous! Later she twist ur ear off! omg, i machiam encouraging all wifey to twist ears..wahahahahaha :lol:

HAHAHA. No need to twist ears. No cleaning of crystals = No chef-grade cookouts. :P

Funniest thing I've seen so far!! :P Good one lachesis! Shall learn and practise this trick on darkfear!

Don't sigh Ne0. You misunderstood. Lightings.com.sg is the cheapest in Balestier, but A Lightings is even cheaper! Plus Alex is really nice and down to earth. We're getting our stuff from him. Even found a better light for the kitchen and bathrooms, compared to the what we saw at Lightings.com.sg.

So you got your downlights from Alex as well? Would it be comparable to the pricing at lightings.com? I didn't remember his downlights being extraordinarily cheap, unless it was because he quoted us a higher sum :(

Funniest thing I've seen so far!! :P Good one lachesis! Shall learn and practise this trick on darkfear!

So you got your downlights from Alex as well? Would it be comparable to the pricing at lightings.com? I didn't remember his downlights being extraordinarily cheap, unless it was because he quoted us a higher sum :(

not to worry lah, Alex shd not be quoting u higher sum...they are indeed comparable. some on par some cheaper. then normally at the end he will auto discount so total is cheaper :good:

Would you recommend pvc or ss? We'll need to get four - one for each basin, two for the double-bowled kitchen sink. Had a bad experience with pvc at the old place. It didn't 'lock', it just kept turning and we didn't know if it was securely fastened. And this was under the kitchen sink! :bangwall: Not sure if this contributed to the cabinet there being wet all the time.

Hmm... so we'll need 2 pairs then, one pair for each bathroom. Nothing is free in HG, gotta buy. :P

Both the same...exposed part use ss, non-exposed part (which inside your vanity cabinet or kitchen cabinet) use pvc (cheaper also). If the pvc keep turning, its mean the threads are gone, need to change either the bottle trap or the screw cap. Need to clean the clog of the bottle traps every year or water start to drain slowly (yearly maintenance).