Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Our Ea In Bishan

Thank you, :D, we opted for a timeless look, & it appears we have achieved it. We opted for no handles as handles tend to look dated over time & frankly we just don't like the cluttered look when you see handles all over the place. We still love this look & will recreate a similar theme for our new apt, but minus the light coves. Been there done that..its not as cool as it is when you need to change light bulbs & refill moth-balls supplies so that moths & lizards don't start a habitat there...& don't even get me started on the granite slab pebble walkway!! :P

you tot of no handles for yr cabinets back then.

you must be quite "in" huh

man, but i have lightings throwing out from my suspended kitchen cabinets lei.. how?

time to stock up those moth-balls!

that would be all those boxes behind the stand-fan. Oh ya, it was really "fun" packing them...it's gona be even more fun unpacking them later :rolleyes:

oh pse, let me share the burden.

i will pack those boxes behind the stand-fan. ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Both!! I love that kitchen you've got there! That rich and deep brown is just gorgeous.. :dribble:

must convince Hubby to go for this colour :thumbs up:

Thanks! Our contractor wanted to go with the two-toned kitchen cabinets, i.e. darker colour for bottom half, lighter colour for top half. We knew the two-toned concept was popular, but we weren't really that into it, and insisted on ONE colour throughout, telling him that the glass panels for the top half would break the 'heaviness'. And we were right. :sport-smiley-004: After it was done up he said 'Actually can hor...'

your old house is very nice!!!

can't wait to see how your new place will look like!! good luck!

Thanks! Hee hee.

its weird when everyone start to comments on your old place is such a nicely done, it will just add more pressure to do it better than the last and this time round, your project is on an EA which is so much bigger! :D

Like others, im looking forward to see how your new home will turn out to be :P

Waaah, stress sia. Must really make sure the new place is super "swee". Time to put more pressure on the contractor... mwahahahaha...

you tot of no handles for yr cabinets back then.

you must be quite "in" huh

man, but i have lightings throwing out from my suspended kitchen cabinets lei.. how?

time to stock up those moth-balls!

oh pse, let me share the burden.

i will pack those boxes behind the stand-fan. ;)

Heh heh, guess we did up our place at when the craze for cove lighting was just picking up. For the overall design of the house, we were going for a sort of Zen look - straight, clean and simple. Think the most important thing in a design is timelessness. Especially if you're going to stay there for long-term. :paint:

Oh yes, buy more moth-balls! Heh. There's no doubt light coves etc have a really nice effect!

Thanks for the offer to help us unpack. We give you the address when the time comes - an extra pair of hands in the house will be very handy. ;)

Thanks for the offer to help us unpack. We give you the address when the time comes - an extra pair of hands in the house will be very handy. ;)

Titanax, think yr wife is dead serious bout getting rid of those dvds i think.

haha

Waaah, stress sia. Must really make sure the new place is super "swee". Time to put more pressure on the contractor... mwahahahaha...

"Sweat", eat panadol cannot liao....must eat the blue pill already :P

Edited by jaskel

Titanax, think yr wife is dead serious bout getting rid of those dvds i think.

haha

dude, you couldn't be more wrong, she just wants a free "mariah" :P

"Sweat", eat panadol cannot liao....must eat the blue pill already :P

errrr, wow you got me there! this is one of the rare moments where i can't think of anything clever to say! :o

Edited by titanax

eh, buay sai leh...blue pill may cost u to be distracted ;):notti:

Edited by samgalz

dude, you couldn't be more wrong, she just wants a free "mariah" :P

Haha, the hubby is correct. Maybe while you're here you can also help us scrub a few walls, floors... heh heh heh

eh, buay sai leh...blue pill may cost u to be distracted ;):notti:

Yeah Jaskel, you mean you eat the blue pill when you're stressed??!?!? :jawdrop: Your poor wife...

The empty kitchen

empty_kitchen.jpg

Goodbye house... we had a lot of happy memories here...

OMG!!! :o

Your "OLD" house SOOOO Nice :o

No wonder Jaskel *Headache* - to create a better house

*faint*

:o

Kvn

Hi Lachesis and Titanax :D

Hope you do not mind,

I will camp around your threads for a while :D

I've been advised by Jaskel to view your T-Blog

becoz my HDB@CCK is also an EA

and I was also considering to get Corian :notti:

but... OMG... my budget... :jawdrop:

wondering if it is worth it or not...

Kvn

Hi Lachesis and Titanax :D

Hope you do not mind,

Kvn

so u are jaskel's next project? :notti:

Lachesis, saw that u have 3 bins in the kitchen, S, M and L sizes. To do differentiated rubbish clearing?

U know after i shifted in, i look at the boxes and dun wish to unpack. Lazy. haha... So got my pt time maid to come and help. :D

Yeah Jaskel, you mean you eat the blue pill when you're stressed??!?!? :jawdrop: Your poor wife...

Aiyo...what r u guys n gals thinking...so naughty :P I was referring to this blue pills...its good for destress and also make my mood happier.

p1010792j.jpg

Lachesis, saw that u have 3 bins in the kitchen, S, M and L sizes. To do differentiated rubbish clearing?

U know after i shifted in, i look at the boxes and dun wish to unpack. Lazy. haha... So got my pt time maid to come and help. :D

LOL. The bins remind me of Goldilocks and the 3 Bears. Haha. Actually each bin was for a different room.

L - Papa Bear Bin - for kitchen (the place with the most trash)

M - Mama Bear Bin - for MBR bathroom (also a lot of stuff to throw)

S - Baby Bear Bin - this one sort of floated around wherever it was needed. haha.

How many boxes did you have to unpack?? Yeah, thinking about it gives me a headache. Think we'll do it in phases - hubby's Home Theatre will be the top priority (boys cannot be w/o their toys!), then the PCs. Then clothes and toiletries. Then maybe pots n pans. Books should be the last.

Hope you do not mind,

Kvn

Welcome to RT! :) Congrats on your purchase in CCK. As a fellow EA owner, you should read angelous666's T-blog - interesting conversation we had on 'why did you buy an EA ah?'

For the solid surface - explore your options. Seems LG is now almost as expensive as Corian... go figure. Oh, the hubby posted an interesting article on solid surface vs grante - go check it out.

Aiyo...what r u guys n gals thinking...so naughty :P I was referring to this blue pills...its good for destress and also make my mood happier.

p1010792j.jpg

Hahaha... good one Jaskel. Lemme guess - you will open a bag of M&Ms, eat all the blue ones, then leave the rest behind??? :P Hahaha. I like the peanut ones, got more of a crunch. Hmm. Which explains why I prefer Snickers to Mars... and crunchy peanut butter to creamy peanut butter.. Hubby likes creamy, so I have to buy both types. Haha.

D.a.m.n this food talk is making me hungry!

OMG!!! :o

Your "OLD" house SOOOO Nice :o

No wonder Jaskel *Headache* - to create a better house

*faint*

:o

Kvn

Thanks for the compliment! :) In Jaskel's defence - it's not just up to him to make the new house nice lah. We must chip in also. :P Thought I'd better say something - before Jaskel have to pop more panadols, or have to buy up all the M&Ms in the supermaket to get enough of his 'blue pills'. :P We want you in one piece Jas!