Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lachesis

Our Ea In Bishan

Hahaha... good one Jaskel. Lemme guess - you will open a bag of M&Ms, eat all the blue ones, then leave the rest behind??? :P Hahaha. I like the peanut ones, got more of a crunch. Hmm. Which explains why I prefer Snickers to Mars... and crunchy peanut butter to creamy peanut butter.. Hubby likes creamy, so I have to buy both types. Haha.

D.a.m.n this food talk is making me hungry!

The rest, my kids will eat up first and left the blue for me.. :D Me the other way round, my wife like creamy and I like crunchy but my wife brought creamy only.. :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
"Sweat", eat panadol cannot liao....must eat the blue pill already :P

eh, piecing up the story, now i remember how come you can deal with the many pussies back then in poly days.

wahahahhahaha

lachesis, i know...

"MEN!"

Aiyo...what r u guys n gals thinking...so naughty :P I was referring to this blue pills...its good for destress and also make my mood happier.

p1010792j.jpg

aiyah, say so earlier ma.

hahahahaha

Aiyo...what r u guys n gals thinking...so naughty :P I was referring to this blue pills...its good for destress and also make my mood happier.

p1010792j.jpg

bro, that is a pack of multi-colour pill lor. u say "blue pill" also naughty lor :notti:

bro, that is a pack of multi-colour pill lor. u say "blue pill" also naughty lor :notti:

yalor, misleading statement...tot you popped too much panadol tats why need "blue pill" to rejuvenate :)

extracted from IDA - very good animated explanation on how to prepare for OpenNet installation.

go to the "Renovation Consideration" tab and click "Case Studies". 2 scenarios are presented "Basic" & Futureproof".

Quite idiot-proof me thinks.

Edited by titanax

And so it begins...The Extreme Makeover

After what seemed like an impossibly long 8 weeks, and a long list of "prelude" posts, our 2nd appt is upon us, and we finally got to go inspect the place. Jason came along to take site measurements. Interesting observation - some of the windows in the house were sliding, some were casement. Going to leave them that way, but remove all the window grills. The general condition is still decent, but the overall style doesn't appeal to us. Going to have to undergo an EXTREME MAKEOVER.

Here's a look at the original state of affairs:

The Main Gate - looks to be in decent condition. Can't decide whether to replace or revive it with a new coat of paint.

Gate.jpg

The Foyer - this used to be the corridor - bought over by previous owner, but it doesn't feel like it's part of the house. Just looks like a private corridor. Will need to add some design elements and integrate iit with the living space. Perfect place for sitting down to wear shoes - a luxury we never had in the old place.

Foyer.jpg

The Utility Room (aka Storeroom)

UtilityRm.jpg

The Living Room - paint on the walls was peeling. Cornices and ceiling lights way too 'busy'.

LivingRm1.jpg

LivingRm2.jpg

To be cont'd...

Edited by lachesis

And so it begins...The Extreme Makeover (cont'd)

The Balcony

Balcony.jpg

The Dining Room

DiningRm2.jpg

DiningRm1.jpg

The Master Bedroom - room is large, which we really like, can have lots of closet space. :good:

MBR1.jpg

MBR2.jpg

To be cont'd...

Edited by lachesis

Bedroom 1 (aka Study)

Study.jpg

Bedroom 2 (aka Guestroom)

GuestRm.jpg

Kitchen - don't really dig the chocolate milk coloured solid surface. Needs major overhaul.

Kitchen2.jpg

Kitchen1.jpg

Kitchen3.jpg

To be cont'd...

Edited by lachesis

Common Bathroom - needs major overhaul

CommonBathrm.jpg

Master Bathroom - also needs major overhaul - first to go, the bath tub.

MBRBathrm.jpg

Bedroom Door - going to just stain it and change the handles.

BedrmDoor.jpg

Stay tuned - going to select tiles this Sunday. Gonna make our selection ahead of time so once we get the keys, Jason can hit the ground running. Go go go! :sport-smiley-004:

The Master Bedroom - room is large, which we really like, can have lots of closet space. :good:

MBR1.jpg

To be cont'd...

Karma sutra! :notti: Just cannot help it but..... :P .

The ex owner an indian family? I see lotsa curry pots in the balcony.

Stay tuned - going to select tiles this Sunday. Gonna make our selection ahead of time so once we get the keys, Jason can hit the ground running. Go go go! :sport-smiley-004:

:D .... oooh... exciting times :D

eh... :unsure: has Jaskel recovered frm Food Poisoning yet?

... else...

there will be lotsa running... to the loo :P :P

:o

Kvn

Karma sutra! :notti: Just cannot help it but..... :P .

The ex owner an indian family? I see lotsa curry pots in the balcony.

:lol: ya they are...they apparently run a catering business & hence the massive pots!

Edited by titanax

oh man i want an EA upgrade next time!!!!!!! SO HUGE. your common bathroom looks like you can put a bathtub :( wish i had a big house too!!

oh man i want an EA upgrade next time!!!!!!! SO HUGE. your common bathroom looks like you can put a bathtub :( wish i had a big house too!!

you like the common bathroom? that one give was giving Jason & us a big headache to design - bloody WC at such an odd location...the wizard will help us come up with something interesting i'm sure.

@jaskel: thanks bro for yesterday. after your long day (& still recovering) still come & do this for us & then sit at the coffee shop until midnight to go through the design :bow: u da man! :good: