Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
new_home_maker

Led Cabinet Light Strips For Kitchen / Bathroom ?

Dear All,

I am looking for LED cabinet light strips (for 230Vac mains)

to be installed under my kitchen cabinet so that it shines on the

kitchen counter-top.

Anyone have good supplier at good price for this ?

I have done a search on the net which there are many.

However most of them may have installation issue - that

is to say my carpenter may not be able to do in properly.

Thanks in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dear All,

I am looking for LED cabinet light strips (for 230Vac mains)

to be installed under my kitchen cabinet so that it shines on the

kitchen counter-top.

Anyone have good supplier at good price for this ?

I have done a search on the net which there are many.

However most of them may have installation issue - that

is to say my carpenter may not be able to do in properly.

Thanks in advance.

Then its your carpenter issues not the LED light strips issues. Btw do u know that u can install it under the counter-top if your counter-top is those translucent type, it will look great on it.

I think the carpenter may not be able to figure out as these are not wood work - require

some electrical background. So I feel "safer" if I can advice the carperter on how I wants to do it

properly.

BTW from my checking, so far in the market, most led strip is 24Vdc or 12Vdc.

Which means that you need a adapter for that. Led Strip for 230Vac is not common I think....

If anyone have install led strips in your cabinet or counter top do post some photo pls.

Thanks in advance.

Why LED and not T5? LED is not bright enough to look impressive for countertop use, and the color not say very nice. If u going to use a few rows of LED to achieve the intensity, the cost will be ridiculous.

I think the carpenter may not be able to figure out as these are not wood work - require

some electrical background. So I feel "safer" if I can advice the carperter on how I wants to do it

properly.

Which means that you need a adapter for that. Led Strip for 230Vac is not common I think....

If anyone have install led strips in your cabinet or counter top do post some photo pls.

Thanks in advance.

No, no, no...that's not what I mean. The electrician should laid down the electrical wiring to the nearest point where your LED strip going to be, and your carpenter should be the one thinking on how this wire going to pass thru to that point. Then your electrician will connect the wiring and fit your LED strips.

kitchenledstripsradiant.jpg

Btw, I think your contractor or ID should able to advise the carpenter on that.

Edited by jaskel

properly.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, do consider where you going to hide the adapter. Some adapter can be rather big.

Also, bear in mind that LED will give 'dotty' reflection on shiny ground, unlike T5 that gives an even lighting. To some people, to avoid the 'dotty' reflection, they encase the LED lights which means more cost.

No, no, no...that's not what I mean. The electrician should laid down the electrical wiring to the nearest point where your LED strip going to be, and your carpenter should be the one thinking on how this wire going to pass thru to that point. Then your electrician will connect the wiring and fit your LED strips.

kitchenledstripsradiant.jpg

Btw, I think your contractor or ID should able to advise the carpenter on that.

Noted - BTW great kitchen !

Yes, do consider where you going to hide the adapter. Some adapter can be rather big.

Also, bear in mind that LED will give 'dotty' reflection on shiny ground, unlike T5 that gives an even lighting. To some people, to avoid the 'dotty' reflection, they encase the LED lights which means more cost.

Yes it is the encasement that I am thinking about....

If I buy one of those flexible led strip where can I

get the encasement to fit the thin led strip to the cabinet

lighting properly and cheaply ?

As you say , I may ask the carpenter to design the encasement but

I do not want want to give the carpenter an excuse to

charge me higher cost.

Let me see what is in the market and keep you guy posted.

Thanks all for the advice !

Happy Holidays !

Yes it is the encasement that I am thinking about....

If I buy one of those flexible led strip where can I

get the encasement to fit the thin led strip to the cabinet

lighting properly and cheaply ?

As you say , I may ask the carpenter to design the encasement but

I do not want want to give the carpenter an excuse to

charge me higher cost.

Let me see what is in the market and keep you guy posted.

Thanks all for the advice !

Happy Holidays !

I still think that your joiners and electricians need to work together on this to achieve a neat outcome. There should not be additional cost for your joiner as it is part of the kitchen cabinet design.

In my case, we 'cover' up the LED with a piece of acrylic so as to diffuse the 'dotty' reflection.

I still think that your joiners and electricians need to work together on this to achieve a neat outcome. There should not be additional cost for your joiner as it is part of the kitchen cabinet design.

In my case, we 'cover' up the LED with a piece of acrylic so as to diffuse the 'dotty' reflection.

I think it is not correct to assume that LED is always dotty. There are LED t5 lighting that is equally as good (if not better) than traditional t5 light.

The brightness can be better than traditional t5.

I think it is not correct to assume that LED is always dotty. There are LED t5 lighting that is equally as good (if not better) than traditional t5 light.

The brightness can be better than traditional t5.

I think T5 is more expensive than those flexible LED strip. I checked at Sim Lim - flexible LED strip is about S$28 per m excluding adaptor.

I would opt for a slim T5 fluorescent instead of LED. Sure brighter than LED Strips. Unless of course, you have to worry about the height, and easy conceal of the fitting, you may consider a slim aluminum LED Strip bar, with a depth of only 15mm!! Length wise, you do not have to worry, as the market available ones are ranging from 300mm to 1200mm. The LED Driver is small enough for your contractor to think of a solution to hide them.

I would opt for a slim T5 fluorescent instead of LED. Sure brighter than LED Strips. Unless of course, you have to worry about the height, and easy conceal of the fitting, you may consider a slim aluminum LED Strip bar, with a depth of only 15mm!! Length wise, you do not have to worry, as the market available ones are ranging from 300mm to 1200mm. The LED Driver is small enough for your contractor to think of a solution to hide them.

slim aluminum LED Strip bar is the solution.

Thanks !

If I can find the correct aluminum casing to fit the $28/m flexible led strip is even better.

Let me find time to look around for in Sim Lim.....

If anyone have good and cheap lobang kindly let me know thanks.

Edited by new_home_maker

slim aluminum LED Strip bar is the solution.

Thanks !

If I can find the correct aluminum casing to fit the $28/m flexible led strip is even better.

Let me find time to look around for in Sim Lim.....

If anyone have good and cheap lobang kindly let me know thanks.

Bro, I would strongly advise you to get the slim aluminum LED Strip bar that already has the LED incorporate in...rather than your suggestions of getting a aluminum casing to fit in the $28/m flexible strip. Too much work for you, and at the end of the day, you may have to worry whether your flexible strip will peel off etc.

Bro, I would strongly advise you to get the slim aluminum LED Strip bar that already has the LED incorporate in...rather than your suggestions of getting a aluminum casing to fit in the $28/m flexible strip. Too much work for you, and at the end of the day, you may have to worry whether your flexible strip will peel off etc.

Thanks. Let me check out the prices on the diff option...

tight budget ...